+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Cydia for the Mac "Within Weeks"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
how pplz are saying wts the point?? wts the point?? what if apple rejects an app ??? than how u ganna get it ??? CYDIA yh ??? soo there is
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    how pplz are saying wts the point?? wts the point??

    what if apple rejects an app ??? than how u ganna get it ???

    CYDIA yh ??? soo there is a point stop saying now its annoying

    oh yh bring it on hope other pplz comes too as they are on iphone

  2. #42
    h2a
    h2a is offline
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    High horse? Not me tell it like I read it! I am so glad that you have explained yourself there!
    Well perhaps you should read it again. I also have been able to get ANY app I want. Because Mac OS X isn't locked down. That was abundantly clear without any explanation.

    Shame on you for autonatically assuming negative intent. It must suck going through life believing everyone is bad.

  3. #43
    What's Jailbreak? DoctoriTouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Very exciting but the thing is that I don't have a Mac, That will be cool if they bring the Cydia Store to Windows but the thing is that it's not a Apple product. I know that the iPod Nano 6G doesn't have WiFi but I believe that the Dev Team should make Cydia on the new iPod Nano 6G. So like you can download themes and stuff, just a thought. I have a jailbroken iTouch and if you want any Reviews, Unboxing, Giveaways, and any How to Videos then check out my YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/DoctoriTouch

  4. #44
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,201
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 112 Times in 85 Posts

    Cool, can't wait
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  5. #45
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinamic View Post
    Can u restore a Mac to factory settings because if u can't I would probably stick to the AppStore on this one. My2c
    It's called reinstalling my friend.

  6. #46
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,438
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    how pplz are saying wts the point?? wts the point??

    what if apple rejects an app ??? than how u ganna get it ???

    CYDIA yh ??? soo there is a point stop saying now its annoying

    oh yh bring it on hope other pplz comes too as they are on iphone
    Ok either English isn't your first language or you need to understand that you probably won't reach the character limit on a post.

    At the moment there is no Mac App Store or Cydia for Mac, how do you get Apps on a Mac right now?

    If Apple rejects and App, then the developer can do what they have been doing since the dawn of the internet...they can put it on they're own website to download.

  7. #47
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,435
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 478 Times in 387 Posts

    I think it's funny because he could've made this before, but never got the idea until the Mac App Store. If he would've made Cydia for Mac before then, there would be no need for the Mac App Store (except for Apple to make money). There's still no point for either one, really. Aren't there unified Mac software websites already? It's just like trying to get listed on CNET, right?

  8. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    136
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    To say this politely he stated he can get ANY app he wants so what does that sound like to you? ANY App?
    to assume... makes an *** out of you and me

  9. #49
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 72 Times in 61 Posts

    This is boss
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here

  10. #50
    What's Jailbreak? freakshowexces's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    new york!
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I'd love the ability to be able to "sync" the cydia on your iPhone with a desktop client. I think it would be an awesome addition to being able to customize your mac.

  11. #51
    Theme Creator SnowLeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks
    1,238
    Thanked 921 Times in 574 Posts

    ^InstallerApp desktop client from Ripdev has been out since like the early 2.x days. It let you install apps from both installer and cydia and then sync it to your iphone cydia. Oh and it had a WINDOWS version too. Highly doubt it works on 4.x though but it was pretty awesome when I used to use it. Just sayin (:

    Oh and Apple comes out with an app store for mac so saruik has to limit himself to mac only? no windows cydia? I guess windows is just already to easy to get hardcore mods and it gives you desktop widgets... and it sucks. Not to mention that it wont be limited in what you can easily get which is exactly what apple is trying to do.

    Saurik is making cydia for mac because he realizes what apple is trying to do. Apple is trying to make mac just as much of a walled garden as iOS. But you say "we can still download mods and stuff not allowed in the Mac App store through the internet".... well then you dont realize that once the mac app store hits developers of mac apps will not only explode in number, amount of apps, and number of iOS developers porting over but these devs will see the obvious potential of the mac app store to make their apps a million times easier to find without needing so much publicity and advertisement so they will gladly follow all of apples "guidelines" to get their apps in the mac app store. They will probably even abadon sales from their website in replacement for selling on the mac app store or merely have their websites as supplements and support with a link to the mac app store.

    Then all of the develeopers left making things that cant go in the mac app store will lose HUGE amounts of interest and money in their apps/modifications unless they either revise it for the mac app store or make something else new entirely because after a few months of the mac app store being out and all the apps in it EVERYONE with a mac will only shop for apps on the mac app store because it will be a million times easier to find stuff and get updates for their apps.

    However, saurik realized that in order for these mod developers to not completely get destroyed in the mac app store madness and be able to get the interest of people looking for apps and mods and to make it much easier to find these things and update them much like the mac app store, cydia for mac is ESSENTIAL!

    After the mac app store... downloading applications from websites will be a thing of the past... on a mac.

    Thank you saurik for realizing this. You are my hero!
    Now... themepark and Snow Leopard theming is a pain in the a** with very few themes out there... how bout a winterboard for mac at some point?

    Oh and poetic_folly if your here... I know you abadoned the modmymobile site after the failed modmymoto and other android modding site... but I can gaurentee if you make a modmymac.com site after Cydia for mac comes out it will be a huge sucess and I will donate a 4 figure number towards building the site and the costs involved.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 12-11-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #52
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Definitely excited. Can not wait to try it out and see what the app store and Cydia store has to offer
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

  13. #53
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    oh shiz! I need to order that 8 gig ram upgrade soon! I just know imma download tons of stuff, and would hate to put my mac into iphone 3g mode lol

  14. #54
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Anything that opens up more options is cool by me, but just remember when you are downloading a tweak from the Cydia store that it very possibly could leave your computer vulnerable. Apple's guardians won't be there to protect you.

  15. #55
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    289
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts

    wow!!! it could happen??

  16. #56
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Maybe for osx86 users this would be nice. But for just Mac applications and such, I don't see the point.

  17. #57
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jcal08 View Post
    oh shiz! I need to order that 8 gig ram upgrade soon! I just know imma download tons of stuff, and would hate to put my mac into iphone 3g mode lol
    You might need an octocore to push that turd named Cydia....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

  18. #58
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 54 Times in 32 Posts

    This will be interesting to see how Cydia will work, but won't it open gates for virus' and malware? If it works like the iOS version with different sources etc, if someone adds a dodgy source, that source may be able to steal information from your computer etc. It's just a thought. I doubt I'd get Cydia on my Mac, not right away anyway. I'll let this one pan out and see what happens.

    iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

  19. #59
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    This will be interesting

  20. #60
    Livin the iPhone Life pacmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    Woot..do we have to jailbreak our mac now? Haha

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts