+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Detection API Dropped from iOS 4.2

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by DRFP I guess I do not understand, Jailbreaks use exploits right? When they do this its a door into the system correct? Yeah. Meaning someone could use
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I guess I do not understand, Jailbreaks use exploits right?
    When they do this its a door into the system correct?
    Yeah. Meaning someone could use something like Star, but instead of installing Cydia it installs a key-logger (something that sends every key you type to the hacker's server). Depending on the range of accounts you manage and data you send, this can lead to anything from messing with your Facebook to identity theft.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    The reason I only consider the community to be those of us that post on various forums help with our jailbroken or non-jailbroken devices is because that is what a community does. Those that don't ask for help, talk about it, or contribute aren't really part of the community in my opinion.
    My point was...just because you don't see people using MMi's resources (Guides) or any other iDevice website resources, or posting or talking about iPhone's or whatever, doesn't mean they're not part of the community.

So I may jump onto iclarified to check out a guide for something real quick, just because I don't add to it or talk about it doesn't mean I'm not part of the iDevice community.

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    Steve, you are using the resources of this forum so therefore you are part of the community. You posted. That makes you part of the community. Haha so in other words I really have no idea what you were getting at with that comment but by posting it you became part of the community. I never said the MMi community I said the iDevice community. So I guess this is welcome to the community.
    Lol! I've been modding phones (modmymoto) for forever, which also helps with my point, just because you may or may not have seen me post before now doesn't mean I haven't been a part of the community. Some people simply come on just to find out how to do it, they're still in the awesome circle
    Last edited by steve-z17; 12-12-2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    My point was...just because you don't see people using MMi's resources (Guides) or any other iDevice website resources, or posting or talking about iPhone's or whatever, doesn't mean they're not part of the community.

So I may jump onto iclarified to check out a guide for something real quick, just because I don't add to it or talk about it doesn't mean I'm not part of the iDevice community.

Lol! I've been modding phones (modmymoto) for forever, which also helps with my point, just because you may or may not have seen me post before now doesn't mean I haven't been a part of the community. Some people simply come on just to find out how to do it, they're still in the awesome circle
    I already said you're part of the community. You don't have anything to prove at this point. You were part of it the moment you used a resource that the community previously provided. If you had owned an idevice, never jailbroke it, and never went on any site to use a resource, i wouldn't consider you part of the community because you didn't really "count" in the sense that our information was either useless to you or you never used it or call it what you will. either way, you're a part of it just like everyone else that may use it or contribute or what have you so lets just leave it be. you may now have the last word if that was your ultimate goal.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well said.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    "have been playing a game of cat and mouse ever since the App Store was first introduced in 2008. "

Maybe that's when you first purchased an iphone and jailbroke it, many of us have been playing cat and mouse since June of 2007.
    Yes, but just as he said, "since the AppStore was introduced in 2008" that IS when the AppStore opened...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

to the person who thinks 10% percent of all idevices is insignificant, they obviously have no clue as to how many idevices are out there!

10% = still a HUGE number of units, and a MASSIVE amount of sales revenue for apple, nothing to sniff at, even for mr jobs.
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (12-12-2010), DRFP (12-14-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

hopefully this just means that Apple has quietly thrown in the towel to jailbreaking. But knowing Apple this just means that they're brewing an even more sinister way of blocking jailbreaking...

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Actually thats where your wrong, most people don't jailbreak their devices. Jailbreakers are a very small portion of the iDevice community. As many iPhones that are out there i read somewhere that less than 10% of iphone users jailbreak so this statement is not true at all.

What Percentage of iPhones Are Jailbroken? Less Than 10 Percent? | iSource

Thats why we jailbreak so we can do the things we want on iDevices, but you ask the average iPhone user and most of them have never even heard of jailbreaking and/or dont want to cuz they think its unsafe and messes up their device.
    Yes and that's the problem, ignorant people spread the news that jailbreaking an iDevice can hurt it and/or it's illegal... I know a guy that as soon as you mention Cydia, JB, etc he gets fired up and says "you know jailbreaking is illegal!?", and there is absolutely no way to convince him otherwise.
    Last edited by coolguy742; 12-12-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: had more to say, duh!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    Apple removed their "jailbreak detection API" in 4.2...we didn't even attempt to fool it (honestly!)
    Because not usefull, People don't care still jailbreaking.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SJ should be lucky, if jailbreak weren't available I think a lot of people wouldn't have awned the product. It ain't just about the product Mr Jobs. Its the apps that run the product sells the product.

Previously known as weedsmart
    Thanks

Ok I'm one if those people that "steals" apps but I don't do it because I can't afford it or I don't wanna pay for it. I support devs and all the hard work they put in to make an app for us BUT ( and I know I'm not the only one) I hate buying an app after reading the description and then realize I jus wasted money on that app. I use the "stolen" app as a trial see if I like it if I do I buy it, if not *DELETED* atleast I didn't waste money on something I was gonna keep for like 5 minutes and devs aren't ripped off for their hard work. I bet if there's a lite version Like they have for selected apps I bet that the the amount of people that pirates these apps would drop not a lot but a decent amount...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    The main reason people jailbreak is to steal apps. I know there are the "noble" people here on the forums, but you're the minority.

Apple should spend it's time creating a way to lockdown apps, and then they could throw in the towel on the cat and mouse game.

After all, that's what this is about. The 30% they're missing from the cracked apps....
    Man you are way off...... Jailbreak just to steal apps.... must be the only reason you do it... get a life... i bought an iphone cause i did not like sprint's touch screen ph.. then found out later about jailbreaking... the main reason i have it jailbroke is for themes and to tether...steal service's which which to me i'm not stealing it i already pay for it out the nose....98% of the time i don't even have to tether anymore..which i used to tether with cingular almost 10yrs ago or so..talk about slower than dialup...then did it with sprint after i filed charges on cingular with the F.T.C for roaming charges... i have 1 cracked app everything else i bought from the apple store which is quite a few and cydia.

My point is if you can afford the high bill of the iphone then you can pay .99 to 9.99 for the apps.... 2 iphones and 1 reg ph cost me 235.00 a month

I come on here mostly to read and learn when i have a question i ask and when i don't get an answer i figure it out on my own after reading for 2/3days.... i learn more when i keep my mouth shut.....lol

Man has this thread got way off topic......hehehehe
    Last edited by towboattrash34; 12-15-2010 at 06:08 AM.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234