+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: antid0te Will Harden the iPhone Against Malware

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The title should be "antid0te Will Harden the iPhone Against Jailbreak"
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The title should be "antid0te Will Harden the iPhone Against Jailbreak"

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I use Firewall IP so if anything gets in it will not get out which is what most hackers are after. I agree there isn't rash of infected iphones so not that concerned. As far as future of jailbreaking when I can't jailbreak an iphonen is when I stop buying new iphones.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

I'm not sure I agree that this is ruining an exploit for future JB'ing or something beneficial to the community. I'm gonna take a wait and see attitude for now. I'm running 4.0.1 on a 3Gs JB iPhone and I don't yet see the need to update to 4.2 and spend an afternoon re-installing all of my Cydia apps and tweaks. Kind of like my phone just the way it is now. And for anyone skeptical about malicious code infecting your iPhone see here, or here, or maybe here...
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Thanks

I guess the point of the article is that it IS possible? The next question is why would you bother?

agreed...i think of APPLE itself as a anti hacker mechanism...just think about it...haha!
    Last edited by bigboyz; 12-10-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plato451 View Post
    I'm not sure I agree that this is ruining an exploit for future JB'ing or something beneficial to the community. I'm gonna take a wait and see attitude for now. I'm running 4.0.1 on a 3Gs JB iPhone and I don't yet see the need to update to 4.2 and spend an afternoon re-installing all of my Cydia apps and tweaks. Kind of like my phone just the way it is now. And for anyone skeptical about malicious code infecting your iPhone see here, or here, or maybe here...
    If they use a new exploit to get their JB onto a device (aka not limera1n or any other previously released expoit) they are burning an exploit. Extra security stuff is besides the point.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

To those of you that think the worst this virus could do is change your wallpaper or do something else that isn't a big deal how about getting access to your apps with IDs/passwords cached, contact list, SMSs with potentially harmful information such as photos, sensitive information, emails with sensitive information in them, etc.

It isn't as innocuous as you think. Don't worry though, nothing is unhackable and there will be future jailbreaks for the iphone as long as the iphone is around. I bet comex and the iphone dev team already thought of ASLR and already have many more exploits anyway that an implementation of ASLR wouldn't affect.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

sziklassy (12-10-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Come on guys, get real. If Apple were going to implement this and "burn an exploit" they would've done it in the beginning (or at least by now). ASRL (or whatever they said, I don't really care) is obviously a known technique in the tech industry.
    Just about every major update that Apple has pushed out has been features that the mod community showed them we wanted. Despite what Apple makes you believe, they are not the first and only company to come up with any and all good ideas...

Viruses on phones, as phones store more and more of our info, are a very real threat and will probably continue to escalate. It is a pretty poor argument IMO to say "There hasn't been a virus for iPhone and Apple knows about this tech yet they have not implemented it yet therefor we don't need to worry about it."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Most of you are young and don't really care what you post here or on Facebook and the information you carry on your Iphone. Wait until you go and look for a job and the person hiring you takes a good look at the electronic footprint you left behind. Secure you Iphone the same way you would secure your money or anything that you intend to keep for youself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Just about every major update that Apple has pushed out has been features that the mod community showed them we wanted. Despite what Apple makes you believe, they are not the first and only company to come up with any and all good ideas...

Viruses on phones, as phones store more and more of our info, are a very real threat and will probably continue to escalate. It is a pretty poor argument IMO to say "There hasn't been a virus for iPhone and Apple knows about this tech yet they have not implemented it yet therefor we don't need to worry about it."
    I never said iPhone viruses weren't a threat. They always make the phone hardened against jailbreaks with each update anyway, and this obviously hasn't stopped computers from being hacked.

And in case you're wondering, yes, this is a new jailbreak tool being released in a few weeks if you read more detailed articles.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Seriously, I'm super curious, how can a jailbreak tweak that can only affect the OS after you jailbreak and install it hinder an exploit being used? It's like saying the PDF patch from Cydia should have stopped JailbreakMe.com, the way I see it. Someone explain.
    I would say that you are right on. I don't see how this is going to negatively impact the development of new jailbreaks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds if it helps to protect my iPhone
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123