Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: antid0te Will Harden the iPhone Against Malware

What's Jailbreak? Electrodaktylus's Avatar
    Thanks
    You already said it... it happened before: the jailbreak community develops something nice and Apple implements it on their next software revision. It could actually get harder.

I do need some protection for all those people who are hacking iphones nowa days...*sarcastically*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chuk12chuk For This Useful Post:

sami4021 (12-10-2010)

I just need untethered JB....

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Very interested to see what will happen and how it works.
    Bet Steve is not to happy with this.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Seriously, I'm super curious, how can a jailbreak tweak that can only affect the OS after you jailbreak and install it hinder an exploit being used? It's like saying the PDF patch from Cydia should have stopped JailbreakMe.com, the way I see it. Someone explain.
    Step 1, Apple sees it as a good idea
    Step 2, Apple implements it
    Step 3, we are screwed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

This discussion about malware or the concern apple had about hacking via a pdf exploit or whatever is pointless

I haven't heard of a single case where anyone has hacked into an iphone, and if apple never fixed that pdf exploit, I doubt there'd be a single virus ever that would have sent a virus to an iphone. It'd just be a waste of time. Viruses are meant to harass with ads on desktop computers, steal information from servers, etc. You don't need a "norton antivirus" for a mobile device.

Well still, if it was implemented into Windows Vista I highly doubt it does much.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Well still, if it was implemented into Windows Vista I highly doubt it does much.
    Ahhh... You beat me to it.

We dont need this. This wont do us much good. What would this virus do? Change your background? Put on some michael jackson music to promote his album? Take away your status bar? Really what will a virus do on the iPhone? This is like those "OMG! A New virus has been released! Mcafee and Norton classified it as one of the most dangerous in the world! It burns your harddrive and makes your computer totally useless!" emails that are STILL being emailed around....... Come on..... Dont waste an exploit thats exactly what Apple wants us to do....

Craps.... Theyll probably just make some stupid viruses now to make them release them...
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Come on guys, get real. If Apple were going to implement this and "burn an exploit" they would've done it in the beginning (or at least by now). ASRL (or whatever they said, I don't really care) is obviously a known technique in the tech industry.

They need that for windows machines. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    They need that for windows machines. Lol
    You did read the whole article right? Starting with Vista they added it. Man, it really did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by baskie View Post
    I wonder how long though before anti-virus starts to appear for the iPhone?

I mean, they're are millions of the out there and they're getting used for ever increasingly sensitive tasks, but yet the hackers seem to have left them alone. Can't stay that way for ever.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about here, so there might be a very good reason why they ain't yet been attacked.
    Well the thing is, not any one person knows the entire source code for any apple os, not even the ppl that work for apple, each person gets a piece to work on and that way if anyone gets fired or somethin, they can't do much harm..thats why there's not so many viruses for the Mac, unlike windows (who's source code is easy to come by) I still like my pc tho not a big mac user

Seriously, I'm super curious, how can a jailbreak tweak that can only affect the OS after you jailbreak and install it hinder an exploit being used? It's like saying the PDF patch from Cydia should have stopped JailbreakMe.com, the way I see it. Someone explain.
    Sounds logical 2 me but I ain't all about making sense!!
    -Mr. 318!!-

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lame...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To all those saying this will make jailbreak harder, did you read to story at all? The first line say's 'A German security analyst is about to unveil a new jailbreaking process.........'

I read that as a new tool to perform the jailbreak on my iDevice but it will not leave it as vulnerable to malware as other jailbreaking methods.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

Seems like every time someone develops a software or exploit for the iPhone the name always has a zero in it. I never understood why. But, I'm sure this antidote will come at a high price if they plan on profiting. So I won't be a buyer.

Cause if this new jailbreaking method plans on adding extra security as they advertise, I'm sure it won't be free.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

what will this achieve? the only hack (im aware of) is that australian ssh one. this might tempt apple into using ASLR, thus making jb'ing more difficult (potentially impossible) i really hope this gets pushed back into the darkness, nobody needs this as of yet and nobody even wants it.
    i'd say this is helping apple more than the end user. suck

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBillybong View Post
    To all those saying this will make jailbreak harder, did you read to story at all? The first line say's 'A German security analyst is about to unveil a new jailbreaking process.........'

I read that as a new tool to perform the jailbreak on my iDevice but it will not leave it as vulnerable to malware as other jailbreaking methods.
    yes but if apple decides to implement it into the fw then were all ****** (to an extent) it will be alot harder to root simply because of the randomised code injections, let alone getting a stable jb which will work for every device, every time.
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 12-10-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

After reading the white paper in iPhone privacy, most of it alarming reading. Antid0te is a must.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast