Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Epic Games Releases Infinity Blade

The controls sucks IMO, but I'm not into killing people anyway. But AESOME graphics!

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Whats the performance like on the iPhone 3GS?
    Runs smoothly, if you ever ran Epic Citadel, its essentially the same performance wise.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Challenging, fun, addictive.

On the 4th bloodline now, feeling pretty confident I can beat it this time around.

This isn't the open world RPG people were expecting, but it doesn't have to be. The best gestured-base game on the iPhone thus far and even though it seems repetitive, the enemies get harder and the timing gets more crucial with everything you do, equip, and sustain.

A must-have, in my opinion.
    #eli7e revived me

Man, it looks gorgeous. Good thing I've been waiting for a good game to come along; I'm starting to get bored with the ones I have.

These one-fight-after-another games are frankly silly to me - but I'm an old guy. As a medieval citadel buff and frequent visitor to Europe, I enjoy just "living" in the city. Maybe they should just populate the city, enable the doors to open, trade to occur, occasional "fire drills" as preparation for battle, etc. Later, after we have had a chance to become familiar with the city and our neighbors (ala Sim City), the next stage could be an actual attack with full defense of the city necessary. The game they devised seems trivial relative to the incredible setting they have devised. btw, it should be "god King" only, not using the capital; this is more than just offensive to many of us out there - I think there is a Commandment about that. Also, I would like some bass in the river, but trout would do.

The game play may be repetitive but I think for a first interactive Unreal Engine 3 game it is solid. We are all used to swipe controls for games so I see no need to complain about that. The graphics are amazing, and runs very smoothly on the iPhone 4. I am not so sure a 3Gs could run very smoothly though. Good job Epic Games and Chair.
    Last edited by iPhrost; 12-09-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is just stunning. Even if you aren't a gamer I think you can appreciate what they have done here... on a FREAKING PHONE!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

nice game

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yugo For This Useful Post:

Kriminol (08-16-2011)

The gameplay is not really repetitive. It's all about learning the weaknesses of each enemy, and you learn more every time you fight them. You can actually beat the God King on your first attempt if you are good enough.

It's a real gamers game. If you are just playing to beat the God King and never play again then you are missing the point.

This game is absolutely amazing. I get some serious "Shadow of the Colossus" vibes from it which is about the best complement I can give any other game. No trash mobs, just a series of boss obstacles before you take on a god. The bloodlines is a fun mechanic if you can even call it that. It really makes you work harder each time because damn it the cycle of death has to stop sooner than later!

And yeah, the "simple" gameplay gets really complicated and hard with each successive bloodline. Attacks start coming from multiple directions (4-6 possible ones), unavoidable attakcs that need to be stopped before they hit (stabs), magic/damage resistance and vulnerabilities, and the simple fact that they simply start to attack faster and chain-up combos against you mean you NEED to be on your toes.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope epic games releases Gears of War 3 for the iDevice family...
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

ZzzzZzzzZzzzzzzZzzz

Looks good but the repetitive game play is boring. 2.99 would of been a better price IMHO.

How about iPod Touch 2G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

For the first [real] game released on the UT3 engine, this is phenomenal. Yes, it's repetitive. Yes it was expensive. But the price was an AWESOME tactic from a business standpoint (Epic KNEW we wouldn't be able to resist, and it passed Angry Birds in hours), and UT3 still has a lot of exploring we can do with it. In my opinion, this is still a preview to what can be done.

And I've never seen anything look this good and stream this well on a phone, even for an iPhone 4.

And for those on the fence, just put up the 6 bucks and get it!
    Last edited by Lombardo Joe; 12-10-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Mo' info

Thanks

I hate gaming really and rarely play even tho I have 2 ps3 etc etc. But I have been playing this since I got it and love it. It's cool just to pick up, slash and level up and makes me excited about game centre. This is what mobile gaming is about. Graphics are madness

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gcastro723 View Post
    i hope epic games releases Gears of War 3 for the iDevice family...
    This!

Level 15 I'm Hooked love it

Level 31. Love it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast