+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: "Backup Plan:" Untethered 4.2.1 JB Coming for All Devices

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Almost Jailbreak time again.
...
  1. #61
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    998
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Almost Jailbreak time again.

  2. #62
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    I'm still on 4.01 , is it best for me to just wait for the untethered jailbreak?
    Of course I'm jailbroken, saw no reason to upgrade to 4.1 and so on.

  3. #63
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,978
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    Was gonna jailbreak the iPad this weekend. But haven't planned on the iPhone yet because I need untethered. I turn my phone off when I donate plasma, which is twice a week. I go to work right after so not near my comp to tether it.

  4. #64
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    I wonder what happened to the video he said was gonna post is at
    I was thinking the same thing!!

  5. #65
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Was gonna jailbreak the iPad this weekend. But haven't planned on the iPhone yet because I need untethered. I turn my phone off when I donate plasma, which is twice a week. I go to work right after so not near my comp to tether it.
    Don't turn it off when you donate?

    Speaking of which, I need to find where there is a center to donate up here. Been lazy since the move.

  6. #66
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,978
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    I know I can leave it on but just never do. My alarms go off even when on silent.

  7. #67
    Green Apple TheReliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    I have no use for 4.2 on my iPad. All it does is debilitate it's capacity and I like my screen orientation switch exactly where it was before the day I bought it.

  8. #68
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Sound good, go dev team
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

  9. #69
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,978
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheReliq View Post
    I have no use for 4.2 on my iPad. All it does is debilitate it's capacity and I like my screen orientation switch exactly where it was before the day I bought it.
    NoMute is an awesome mod to correct that. I hate that they took it away too.

  10. #70
    Theme Creator sephiroth726's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ain'tnoneyobizness
    Posts
    2,541
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Hopefully there will be an untethered JB for new devices... Getting an i4 soon, if I can't JB I'll be furious!

  11. #71
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shitake83 View Post
    yeah for sure. im not downgrading on the iOS nor the BB on the 3GS anyway cuz it works like a charm. so the way to go is forward anyway

    and i think my 3G will run 4.1 for the next time beeing. if i could i would downgrade back to 3.1.3 but no shsh :/ people say its way faster on 3.1.3


    You don't need shsh on a 3g to downgrade from 4.1 . I've downgraded many an it just gives you a error code at the end and then goes into connect
    to iTunes screen and you pop a AT&T sim in and your good to go .

  12. #72
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    YESSS NOW I CAN UPDATE TO 4.2.1! (almost lol)

  13. #73
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 109 Times in 73 Posts

    I truly hope this isn't the final plan for an untethered 4.2.1 update. I just had to swap my iPhone4 two days ago because of a faulty dock connector. It came with 4.1 (which I'm still on) but it was too late to pull SHSHs from anything but the current 4.2.1, so this jailbreak doesn't help me in the least.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

  14. #74
    *****Bonzo***** Sanady361's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    1,337
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

    I'm still waiting on an unlock for 4.1 on i4!!
    My latest theme - -

  15. #75
    Theme Creator sephiroth726's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ain'tnoneyobizness
    Posts
    2,541
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanady361 View Post
    I'm still waiting on an unlock for 4.1 on i4!!
    I'm still waiting on one for my 3GS so I can custom upgrade to 4.1... That doesn't require a previous unlock at 3.1.2...

  16. #76
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Just bought an iPad on 4.2.1 and jailbroke it last night. The tethered jb is a real pain for the time being as I install things from cydia that require a reboot. Running redsn0w just to boot seems a little more complicated than the old tethered reboots with blackra1n, but I'm not complaining. It'll become less of an issue once I get things the way I'd like it, but this all sounds promising.

  17. #77
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    Just bought an iPad on 4.2.1 and jailbroke it last night. The tethered jb is a real pain for the time being as I install things from cydia that require a reboot. Running redsn0w just to boot seems a little more complicated than the old tethered reboots with blackra1n, but I'm not complaining. It'll become less of an issue once I get things the way I'd like it, but this all sounds promising.
    For me it really only is a pain when I'm first setting things up bc I prefer to install Cydia packages one at a time just in case there is an incompatibility issue. After it's set up though, I rarely have to reboot at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  18. #78
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    For me it really only is a pain when I'm first setting things up bc I prefer to install Cydia packages one at a time just in case there is an incompatibility issue. After it's set up though, I rarely have to reboot at all.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Right, which is why I said it won't be much of an issue once I get things done. I didn't know there was another way to install multiple from cydia...? When I install something that requires a reboot, that's my only option button. Unless I were to click the home button and fire cydia back up and go to the next install.

  19. #79
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty42 View Post
    Right, which is why I said it won't be much of an issue once I get things done. I didn't know there was another way to install multiple from cydia...? When I install something that requires a reboot, that's my only option button. Unless I were to click the home button and fire cydia back up and go to the next install.
    You can just add the package to your queue in the page it asks you to install. I know there is a list of what is and is not compatible with 4.2.1 so you can look at it to see what can be installed without worry.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  20. #80
    Green Apple TheReliq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Yeah, I just found out about that lol.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts