+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Store Grows: Custom Cases to Match Themes Coming Soon

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
can any1 tell me any gud free themes?? thankz
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can any1 tell me any gud free themes?? thankz

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Meh.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Cool idea I guess, BUT I'd rather hear some news related to how saurik is planning on making the cydia store better for the actual THEMES and their developers! Yea, cool idea I guess...
    This is part of the revamp Cydia is doing in regards to themes. The new VP's main task is revitalize the featured theme section to an ACTUAL LIVE featured themes section: updated constantly, informative, and balanced with the end-user in mind. Patrick has been in contact with several themers and gathering ideas. This cases program is just example of how Saurik is taking theming seriously now.

Last night I've had lengthy conversations with site owners wanting to know more about this program. In the discussion we talked about how cases are viewed now in the community. Personally, I have one case, and it's sole purpose is to protect my iPhone - my bumper case that I got for free. I don't really see that many dudes really caring about the aesthetics of their phone, and personally I always wished there was a way I can NOT have a case and still be worry-free about any issues arising from potential drops or damages to my phone.

I know a lot of females who are the opposite. They buy iPhone cases like they buy shoes and purses (not trying to be sexist, this is from actual observation). I know this one female in particular who buys cases JUST so that the phone can match her purses (in particular, Juicy Couture branded ones). A majority of the community here doesn't really care for cases in that regard but we are PASSIONATE about customizing our phones. I pride myself in knowing that my phone looks exactly like that, my phone - and no one can say theirs looks exactly the same. This takes customizing to another level for us. When I was approached with this idea, I was taken aback. I would buy a case to match my themes in a HEARTBEAT! Not even my own themes, but I'd buy one for other themes as well (AfterHours comes to mind in this regard, I'd buy one for that theme for sure). These cases are said to be easy on and easy off so switching wouldn't be that much of a hassle. I'd feel more individualized with a case that not very many people around my area might have. One thing I HATE about buying cases here in my town, chances are someone else has the same case as you - maybe several people. One Best Buy, 20 cases, I'm screwed.

This will allow me and others out there to finally complete the look of their phone.

This also brings up the opportunity for Cydia to go into the "hardware" business so-to-speak. Now, they've never mentioned this to me, but if this cases program goes well - imagine branded iPhone docks and speakers. The possibilities are limitless and this is a good start.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 12-07-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    #eli7e revived me

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

FreeApple (12-07-2010), Maarten16 (12-07-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^Well said... But heres a question...are they reusable? Vinyl will stick pretty good, so taking them off will either stretch them or distort/wrinkle them to the point where they cannot be reapplied (and still look good). Just my observation with working with vinyl for various vehicle projects.

Sending a pair of covers for $8-$15 would be a better option for those that would buy these, so when they change their theme often, like I do, they can still have one unmolested cover to revert to when they change back to a previous theme.

Just my thoughts on the subject

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zav7ty8 View Post
    Great idea but my Otter box never comes off anyway!
    Same here! Then again, I'm an engineer overlooking construction sites all day so I can't afford to make my phone look pretty :P

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like a great idea, always good to make your item unique to your own tastes

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    That's a pretty awesome idea. Some of the themes are pretty slick; hopefully developers/themers get a good cut!

I just want to know what happened to Customize App. I feel like Winterboard doesn't do what Customize 2.0 did so well.

Unfortunately googling "customize for iphone" doesn't yield the kind of results I'm looking for.

Anybody??
    i think the development for that app stopped at 2.0, someone tried to port it to 3.0 but was so buggy that it never really worked. The developer never found al the strings for different text area and what not to fix it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jay needs to put ppl like comex on his payroll if he wants to keep the cydia doors open at all. Without untethered JB's I have a feeling cydia will start dying. I love the JB as much as anyone, but seems like apple is starting to win the game. Just a thought

Thanks

Money money MONAYYYY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tyson1749 View Post
    Jay needs to put ppl like comex on his payroll if he wants to keep the cydia doors open at all. Without untethered JB's I have a feeling cydia will start dying. I love the JB as much as anyone, but seems like apple is starting to win the game. Just a thought
    That's what I'm thinking, Cydia is a company and needs to start acting like one. The best way to earn money? Have a good and up to date product, which Jay should really work on

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tyson1749 View Post
    Patience, my friend. It will come in time.

Thanks

Looks like someone is afraid now. Thats good. See what competition can do to someone?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to decke For This Useful Post:

toyvan (12-08-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    None of that has to do with Cydia. Cydia works perfectly fine on the current iDevices. That's like saying the radio in my car is broken just because I have to jumpstart it in the morning.
    You have an iphone but you have to jump start your car in the morning? We have the same priorities

Thanks

Why not sell custom clothes and accessory's too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Same here! Then again, I'm an engineer overlooking construction sites all day so I can't afford to make my phone look pretty :P
    Same I work in a crushing plant playing in mud and dust. May look and feel bulky but I've dropped it 3 times in 1 month without the Otter box it would have definitely broken by now!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ZAIDD786

Free themes?! Well I put in a source to get them free. I download them to test them and if I like them I buy them legit. Best way to get TRAIL themes.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

to quote a classic...

I jizzed in my pants!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    You have an iphone but you have to jump start your car in the morning? We have the same priorities
    Lmao, no, that was simply a simile. I do remember when I was really strapped for cash though and had to jumpstart it for a week or two until the next paycheck came in. Grateful those days are in the past, for now at least!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qbluecelica View Post
    @ZAIDD786

Free themes?! Well I put in a source to get them free. I download them to test them and if I like them I buy them legit. Best way to get TRAIL themes.
    Wat u mean u put in a source?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

Dont post the source. It's called piracy either way. That's why there are screen shots.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qbluecelica View Post
    @ZAIDD786

Because themes are so damn expensive? Give me a break!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi