+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Worst US Carrier, Again

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For the second year in a row, Consumer Reports has rated AT&T lowest in customer satisfaction. Based on a survey of almost 60,000 customers - half of them Phone users,
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default AT&T Worst US Carrier, Again

For the second year in a row, Consumer Reports has rated AT&T lowest in customer satisfaction. Based on a survey of almost 60,000 customers - half of them Phone users, AT&T got the lowest possible rating in every single category of the survey except for texting. AT&T was also the only carrier to see a significant drop in overall customer satisfaction, according to a blog post announcing the findings.

58,000 Consumer Reports readers were surveyed about the US big four - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile - as well as U.S. Cellular, which covers the Pacific Northwest, the Midwest, parts of the East Coast and most of New England. U.S. Cellular actually got the highest ranking of any of the providers, with a score of 82. Verizon was second with 74, followed by Sprint with 73, T-Mobile with 69, and AT&T bringing up the rear with a lowly 60.

AT&T scored the lowest possible ranking in eight of the nine categories, including overall value, voice service, data service, support via phone, support via website, support via e-mail, staff knowledge, and issues resolved. In the only other category - texting - the carrier managed to get the next-to-lowest possible score.

Consumer Reports says that half of the AT&T customers surveyed were iPhone users, and were overall much less satisfied with AT&T than other customers. AT&T iPhone users especially rated their data service lower than owners of smart phones on other carriers. Paul Reynolds, the electronics editor at Consumer Reports, noted that "an iPhone from Verizon Wireless, which is rumored, could indeed be good news for iPhone fans."

Last year's survey also had AT&T coming in last, though with a considerably better showing. The overall score was 66, and that was before AT&T made major investments in infrastructure this year to improve its service.

Source: TUAW

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

apoc (12-06-2010), Buffolus (12-06-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

Huh, go figure...............................no surprise to most of us.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (12-08-2010)

The 20th Member
    Thanks

sucks for at&t i actually have flawless coverage in hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Thanks

ouch!honestly it ok i mean i haven't had any probe with them at all....in fact i usually get hooked up....i remember that my activation fee was waived, i got 2 free cases when i got my iphone4.....idk to each their own....

iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Thanks

I must be lucky.. I've never had an issue with att.. My service has always been good..

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

no surprise there, i'm on US Cellular and get 5 bars where my fellow techies get 1 or no bars! Only thing I hate about USC: NO IPHONE ON THE BEST CARRIER, WTF!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Daniel Ash View Post

For the second year in a row, Consumer Reports has rated AT&T lowest in customer satisfaction. Based on a survey of almost 60,000 customers - half of them Phone users, AT&T got the lowest possible rating in every single category of the survey except for texting. AT&T was also the only carrier to see a significant drop in overall customer satisfaction, according to a blog post announcing the findings.

58,000 Consumer Reports readers were surveyed about the US big four - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile - as well as U.S. Cellular, which covers the Pacific Northwest, the Midwest, parts of the East Coast and most of New England. U.S. Cellular actually got the highest ranking of any of the providers, with a score of 82. Verizon was second with 74, followed by Sprint with 73, T-Mobile with 69, and AT&T bringing up the rear with a lowly 60.

AT&T scored the lowest possible ranking in eight of the nine categories, including overall value, voice service, data service, support via phone, support via website, support via e-mail, staff knowledge, and issues resolved. In the only other category - texting - the carrier managed to get the next-to-lowest possible score.

Consumer Reports says that half of the AT&T customers surveyed were iPhone users, and were overall much less satisfied with AT&T than other customers. AT&T iPhone users especially rated their data service lower than owners of smart phones on other carriers. Paul Reynolds, the electronics editor at Consumer Reports, noted that "an iPhone from Verizon Wireless, which is rumored, could indeed be good news for iPhone fans."

Last year's survey also had AT&T coming in last, though with a considerably better showing. The overall score was 66, and that was before AT&T made major investments in infrastructure this year to improve its service.

Source: TUAW
    I don't know who they where talking too cause my friends and I have never really had a problem with at&t

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

No problems with AT&T here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been with AT&T for 6 years now and I have had no problems I have very good coverage in my area.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't had any issues with them. Sucks if people really are having issues with them and they're not doing anything to change their CS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Never had any issues with ATT's service that was out of the way. Also had great support and service from the ATT store which I go to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    No problems with AT&T here.
    This. They've been great to me for 2+ years. Not to mention the annual upgrades for my iPhones (since I pay more than $100 total on my bill per month) and solid 3G all over my area (eastern NC).

I also have T-Mobile on another (work) line and I have to say they have amazing customer service. Seriously friendly people no matter what you're dealing with.

Thanks

5 years of great service for me
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have at one time or another had sprint,tmobil and I gotta tell ya, ATT is still the only one that consistantly has given me the best service and by far the best coverage. My only complaint with ATT is that they still have not gotten DSL coverage to my part of the world..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AT&T has it's deadzones here in NY but I'm shocked it's not T-Mobile that's the worst. I do get a lot of calls dropped even if I have full bars though.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njr1489 View Post
    AT&T has it's deadzones here in NY but I'm shocked it's not T-Mobile that's the worst. I do get a lot of calls dropped even if I have full bars though.
    T-mobile rocks! whatcha talkin bout? I've had tmobile for 2 years now and its cheap, great customer service, and most of all good quality, not to mention 4g speeds. but ofcourse everyone haz there opinions.....

Thanks

I love AT&T.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Thanks

I've been with AT&T since they merged, what, six or seven years ago? Pretty much no issues anywhere on the West Coast, and when I travel to the East (Penn. and NJ), no issues there. I really don't have much respect for Consumer Reports and its findings.
    Senior

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. Tell me something I don't know.

Thanks

no problems here with at&t

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast