Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Worst US Carrier, Again

I've been with AT&T for 6 years and I've had my ups and downs with them. It really just depends on the area you live in and the employees you deal with. I've been with Verizon, sprint and T-Mobile. Every company has their pros and cons. I'm a commercial diver and to tell you the truth I have found only one company that I can get signal way out in the gulf without connecting to offshore towers and that's boost mobile surprising enough. But I still get one bar on edge using my iPhone through AT&T which should count for something. Who ever these ppl have been talking to must not really know what their talking about. 60,000 ppl were only surveyed......I wonder if these ppl have had a chance to try the other carriers also. If not it wouldn't be a fair survey. Also one thing I don't like that the companies are doing to new customers is the 5GB internet browsing crap. I'm just one of the lucky few that had my data plan before this cap came about. They should still give ppl the option to have unlimited internet over 3g or 4g networks. If they are so worried about too many ppl being on the net then they should upgrade their networks to meet the needs of their customers.
    Last edited by da_pimp; 12-07-2010 at 12:20 AM.

So it seems the overwhelming opinion in this thread is that AT&T in fact is not all that bad. For coming in dead last place, you would certainly think that at least the majority of posters here would agree.

I have had very few issues with AT&T since switching approximately 5 years ago. Whenever I do have an issue, customer service has been more than helpful with getting the issue fixed.

I pay $85 a month for more minutes than what I could use if I tried, and enough data to stream music 8 hours a day for 5 days a week if I really wanted to. I'm not complaining.

The people complaining about coverage in LA; well no crap... You live in an area so extremely overpopulated it's a wonder than any type of signal gets out ever.

verizon just handed consumer reports some $$$ to make them look bad

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    ATT's prices are lower than what I had on Sprint or T-Mobile. Also the service area of ATT reaches in all the places I travel when Sprint and T-Mobile did not. So those defending ATT has all the right as anyone else that is defending any other company. I listed my reasons.

If people finding the right price and service that fits THEM that makes you sick then I am sorry you get sick at other's choices.

PS: Cingular is no more.

Lol. Wow! I crapped from my eyeballs when I read this. You're probably one of the many suckers that pays to use the tethering ability on his network.
    This message was K1NG approved.

I don't tether.

Question: How much you think 4 lines 2 data do you think costs? Or how much you paying and what company since you are dissing people that like ATT.

But then again it is a choice. Glad you used your choice to find something you like. Good for you. My choice is ATT after trying Sprint and T-Mobile.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-06-2010 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

At my Michigan home no problems with AT&T... at my Florida home AT&T = frustration! Drop calls all of the time and garbled phone conversations... they were supposed to put up two towers around here and they should be activated by now according to the text message I got from AT&T....

Well those two towers have not did me any good yet......

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Quote Originally Posted by chi_towner1 View Post
    ouch!honestly it ok i mean i haven't had any probe with them at all....in fact i usually get hooked up....i remember that my activation fee was waived, i got 2 free cases when i got my iphone4.....idk to each their own....

QUOTE to each to his own. Your dame rite. An you probably a family member or work there or some thing!!!!

Phoque (A&T)
    Last edited by Buffolus; 12-07-2010 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Most people are sheep and they see tv commercials saying AT&T sucks. They think to themselves it does suck compared to verizon. Most of them never having verizon service to judge for themselves . I've had both. In central cali AT&T kicks ***. I get 3G all over the valley.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    T-mobile rocks! whatcha talkin bout? I've had tmobile for 2 years now and its cheap, great customer service, and most of all good quality, not to mention 4g speeds. but ofcourse everyone haz there opinions.....

Both of you guys need to read more news before making a statement
    Those T-Mobile ads is a lie to your face, boys

Let me help you, read this: 4g-is-a-myth-and-confusing: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

FYI: AT&T 3G performance is still the fastest, compare to its competitors.
    Google it and you shall see what I am talking about.

Why do you think Apple keeps AT&T to carry iPhone all this time?
    Yes ... the answer is because they have the fastest network.
    Don't get me wrong though ... AT&T is not the best in everything, but it IS the best in "speed".

The above 2 images are just samples of performance comparison.
    I think those who complain about AT&T performance live within the area that are not covered by AT&T network.
    Yes ... the 3%. AT&T only covers 97% of the nation.
    So those who live in the 3%, I feel sorry for you. I know it sucks!!

I have been with AT&T since 1998 (12 years) and never had any problems. Their customer service is superb.

Back in 2005, I used to be a truck driver. I drove from state to state. My route was from Los Angeles to Seattle to Maine to Jacksonville and back to Los Angeles. During my 10 hours night driving, I always talked to my girlfriend on the phone.

The only place our calls dropped were when I went through Idaho (after Boise), the middle of Wyoming (after Rock Springs), Tennessee mountains and the middle of Arizona. The rest of the route was smooth as a butter. There was even a strong signal through the Colorado National forest & mountains (I-70). Not a single drop calls. I am not making this up. This was my personal experience as a truck driver.

So I think this survey is a bull crap. They need to talk to the real & long time AT&T customers - just like myself - who will give them honest opinion, rather than those who jumped ship (from T-mobile, Verizon, Sprints) to AT&T just because they wanted an iPhone.

I honestly can't wait until Verizon gets the iPhone deal, so those guys will go back to their old wireless carrier.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Riviera For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (12-07-2010), Cowboy (12-07-2010), Happy Noodle Boy (12-07-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by ADF View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of everyone defending AT&T. This is Americas MOST greediest carrier! They are so money hungry. It's so pathetic that most you AT&T customers would pay those outrageous prices per month. Don't get me wrong, they (telcos) are all over priced for the monthly services they provide, but Cingular is out of their minds! Let's not forget, the iPhone made this telco what it is today.
    Go to verizon and check out their pricing.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T has always done right by me. Friendly people, great coverage, the fastest network in the game. You can't lose. I travel all over the country from densely populated areas to the boonies and have tried other carriers. No one else can compete.

I really don't know who they interview. They make is seem like AT&T is so bad that you can't do anything. I just don't see where they suck at in my honest opinion. Only thing that I could say that they honestly need to improve is there data speeds. (they're the fastest in the nation) but I want more! Haha.

Ok I've had verizon and tmobile and tmobile is nothing to bragg about, there service is alot worse than AT&T in my opinion. I have the iphone4 and I must say I drop calls frequently to the point where it's almost expected but that's just the iPhone. Pretty much all of at&ts other phones work perfectly fine and get great reception. Do not base a whole companies service on one phone and it's short comings. Verizon is one carrier I can't really complain about the phones that I've had from them have all had pretty decent reception no matter where I was. Sprint is decent as well but goes hand in hand with tmobiles service in my opinion.

Default At&t
    I've never had any issues with them. Besides I once worked for them and I have to tell u, the unhappy ones are the dumb customers that drop their iPhones in the toilet or whatever and break it. Then expecting AT&T to give them a new one for the same purchase price of a 2yr term. That use to drive me crazy how dumb ppl are with that and on top of it, giving me a bad servey becuz of they have to buy it at full price.

I have an issue with AT&T: value. I get more than what I paid AT&T on T-Mobile for so much less excluding 3G. Which to be honest was never that great.

[•yawn•] consumer reports have always been flawed. Fueled by "donations" to give informative results. No issues here with At&t. Far better than Verizon ever was for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    AT&T only covers 97% of the nation.
    Careful there, mind the wording: "AT&T covers 97% of AMERICANS," not the nation. In other words, they can say that all they want and have not a single goddamn bar on whatever god-forsaken highway you might be driving on, so long as there aren't any residences alongside it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That's not true 4G though. Which is kinda sad that they're using the name, because once actual 4G comes along, people won't think much of it because they'll believe the carriers have had it for a long time. True 4G supports +100mbit whereas the current "4g" supports up to 20mbit.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    True 4G supports +100mbit whereas the current "4g" supports up to 20mbit.
    It's like, I mean, yeah, you're right...but seriously, 20mbit is what's coming into my house through Verizon FiOS. And we have the fastest they offer. Downloading a 300MB file in 7-10 minutes ain't nothing to shed a tear about. I remember when a single MP3 used to take 15 minutes.

Oh wait, it still does over my EDGE connection ;_;

I'm not an AT&T fanboy or anything... I used to actually agree that AT&T sucked monkey balls. But after doing some real research for myself I have come to realize that:

a. all top end handsets across the US cellular companies have price ranges of $199-299
    b. all top end handsets across the US come with monthly plans that cost ~$150 for 2 lines
    c. all of the cellular network companies are pretty much the same

The bad thing about statistics is that they are easily manipulated to sway the reader. Sample groups can also be intentionally selected to manipulate results, therefore forcing a false conclusion.

I do hope AT&T takes some heat so that they can:

a. drop prices on iPhone data plans
    b. replace 3G with 4G and 2G with 3G

tim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast