Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Radio Shack Launches Week Long iPhone Discount Program Today

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    True, I would only trade if I needed the new phone right away.
    Let's be smart about this here. If I needed the phone right away I'll just charge to my CC and pay it back after selling my used phone and STILL have some change for acessoriries and what not.

Well..... here's what my radio shack in phoenix told me:
    1- the 18.00 upgrade charge appears on your bill and att charges it to you.

2- my data plan would have to change to a tiered plan from unlim.

misinfo or not..... that's what i was told. i'll go back tomorrow for round 2
    and report back.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just so you know, just because the $30 unlimited was grandfathered to the iP4 for anyone that had it before doesn't mean we'll be able to keep it on future upgrades. AT&T would not allow us to grandfather the $20 unlimited (plus 200 text) from the original iPhone to the 3G.

But for anyone having trouble grandfathering the $30 plan at RS, just sell your iPhone and buy from AT&T.

yes..... att told me later that day that they would preserve my unlimited plan and waive the 18.00 fee if phone was bought from their store.

Got mine today. Total price was $29 and change with a body glove case and including taxes. At&t is waiving my activation fee as well and I was able to keep my unlimited data.

This really isnt as much of a deal as it sounds. Yeah its 50$ off the iphone but your paying your state tax on the FULL price of the phone. I just bought one and my sales tax was 49.50!! (ca btw).

So in actuality had i bought it from att i would have payed somewhere in the 210-215$ range. But i payed 195 at radioshack. So savings around 20$, i guess its better then nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123