+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Radio Shack Launches Week Long iPhone Discount Program Today

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Can you trade in jailbroken devices? Do they check for that?
...
  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Can you trade in jailbroken devices? Do they check for that?

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak? bcastro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Doing the deal!
    My cousin did this last night. He traded his 3GS and out the door his cost was $24(admin fee). I think it is a great price! I will be doing this today with my 3G and my wifes 3GS. this deal is completely worth it to me. Now I just need the untethered jailbreak to come out for iPhone4
    iFan

  3. #23
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts

    if you guys sold your 3GSs for 375 and 450 then I guess I got mine for a bargain price on eBay. white 16GB 3GS in flawless condition with the white incase slider case, white mophie juice pack air, of course original box and stuff and it came with 3.0 on it and I have all the SHSHs backed up for every firmware since. How much do you think its worth NOW? hahaha. I bought it for 275 with free shipping 6 months ago.

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Just called my local radioshack.
    You will pay an 18.00 upgrade fee on top of the sales tax
    on 249.00 so a 32G will run 292.00 out the door.
    I'm sure ATT would wave the ugrade fee for me over at their place so the RS discount is really only 32.00

    on the fence....KS

    Heres another hitch!
    No more unlimited data!
    the upgrade automatically puts you on a tiered plan.
    big users will pay big on their data bill so beware and do your homework before buying!!!!!
    18.00 upgrade fee as well.
    Last edited by sharrack; 12-05-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I did this last night at 8:30 and they close at 9 and I got the last one in stock so I got lucky

    and also the 50 dollars off was yesterday only

    I traded in my 3GS got 125 dollar gift card then bougt an iPhone 4 for 150 used the gift card so I had to pay 25 in cash plus tax but since your actually paying 150 you pay tax on the 150 so it came around 70 bucks
    and if you have the unlimited plan and just upgrading ur phone you get to keep the unlimited phone
    there also not too caring about the condition of the phone as long as it works and the screen isn't broken
    mine was in pretty bad shape so I was better of selling it to radioshack

  6. #26
    iPhoneaholic reanimationxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 62 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sharrack View Post
    Heres another hitch!
    No more unlimited data!
    the upgrade automatically puts you on a tiered plan.
    big users will pay big on their data bill so beware and do your homework before buying!!!!!
    18.00 upgrade fee as well.
    No. Anyone with an unlimited plan already will be grandfathered in. This is per AT&T. Even though you sign a new contract you are allowed to keep the old plan.. but if they CHANGE it for you, you may lose your eligibility as you cannot "go back". Call ATT and have them on the phone while RS activates you if you must, but you are able to be grandfathered no matter where you buy.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

  7. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Radioshacks deal will end your
    unlimited data plan!!!
    heavy users beware!!!!

    I called my local Att store and upgrading there keeps your data plan intact.
    They can also waive the 18.00
    upgrade fee!
    For heavy GB users... att store is still the way to go!
    do your homework!!

    just got back from radioshack and they would Not save my unlimited data plan.
    There was no option for ad they were working kn my account.

    Guess I'll go back to RS tomorrow and grill them!!
    Last edited by sharrack; 12-05-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  8. #28
    Livin the iPhone Life tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts

    You can sell your old iphone on ebay for a lot more.

  9. #29
    iPhoneaholic Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    La
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Was looking at going do this tomorrow. I have a couple other items around the house that no longer get used that would basically get me $165 on a gift card so the phone would practically be free from my understanding. But I have to keep my unlimited data. So im guessing i have to go to the ATT down the road to get them to activate it and waive my activation fee? Or just pay them the activation fee. To me an iphone 4 for just the activation fee isnt bad at all.

  10. #30
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There is a lot of misinformation in the comments of this thread.

    FIRST: Someone said the $50 discount was only good yesterday... not true. I got the $50 discount today and it's good through the end of the promotion... 12/11 I think is what the article said?

    SECOND: Someone said the price after their $50 discount and $125 phone credit was $70 after tax... Again... not true. I traded in my 3GS and got a $125 credit plus the $50 discount. My total price after tax was $31.45. Tax is 5% in my state and YES it was tax on the price of $149.

    THIRD: Several people have said that by doing this you are also changing your data plan... This does not appear to be true, either. I didn't know about that when I was in there this morning but I did ask the guy if anything on my plan would change (I get a discount through work, etc...) He said my plan would stay exactly the same, I was only extended it for 2 more years. He gave me a bunch of paper work that I didn't read. Before posting this reply, I read every line of the paper work and also did some research on the internet. Nowhere can I find anything that says my data plan is no longer unlimited. If they are going to change your plan, 1) they have to TELL YOU and 2) they have to ask you what plan you want to change to.

    FOURTH: Not necessarily misinformation because I guess it depends on what your upgrade eligibility status is, but they waived my activation fee as well...

    I hope this info helps some of you who are still iffy...

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to linxsay For This Useful Post:

    Ichwohneinloche (12-05-2010)

  12. #31
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    You can sell your old iphone on ebay for a lot more.
    True, I would only trade if I needed the new phone right away.

  13. #32
    iPhoneaholic Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    La
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by linxsay View Post
    There is a lot of misinformation in the comments of this thread.

    FIRST: Someone said the $50 discount was only good yesterday... not true. I got the $50 discount today and it's good through the end of the promotion... 12/11 I think is what the article said?

    SECOND: Someone said the price after their $50 discount and $125 phone credit was $70 after tax... Again... not true. I traded in my 3GS and got a $125 credit plus the $50 discount. My total price after tax was $31.45. Tax is 5% in my state and YES it was tax on the price of $149.

    THIRD: Several people have said that by doing this you are also changing your data plan... This does not appear to be true, either. I didn't know about that when I was in there this morning but I did ask the guy if anything on my plan would change (I get a discount through work, etc...) He said my plan would stay exactly the same, I was only extended it for 2 more years. He gave me a bunch of paper work that I didn't read. Before posting this reply, I read every line of the paper work and also did some research on the internet. Nowhere can I find anything that says my data plan is no longer unlimited. If they are going to change your plan, 1) they have to TELL YOU and 2) they have to ask you what plan you want to change to.

    FOURTH: Not necessarily misinformation because I guess it depends on what your upgrade eligibility status is, but they waived my activation fee as well...

    I hope this info helps some of you who are still iffy...
    Thank you very much. This makes me A LOT more comfortable about getting it. I have the 3GS 16 gb in amazing condition but really want the Iphone 4 now. But I was NOT going to do it if they took my unlimited data away.

  14. #33
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Your data plan shouldnt change with an upgrade

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    Ichwohneinloche (12-05-2010)

  16. #34
    iPhoneaholic Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    La
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Your data plan shouldnt change with an upgrade
    Alright good. Thank you Stealth.

  17. #35
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Thank you very much. This makes me A LOT more comfortable about getting it. I have the 3GS 16 gb in amazing condition but really want the Iphone 4 now. But I was NOT going to do it if they took my unlimited data away.
    No problem... I was gonna hold off on the iPhone 4 and save my upgrade for the next iPhone but for $25... you can't beat that!!!

  18. #36
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Yea, its a great deal

  19. #37
    iPhoneaholic Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    La
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by linxsay View Post
    No problem... I was gonna hold off on the iPhone 4 and save my upgrade for the next iPhone but for $25... you can't beat that!!!
    Totally agree. Plus I have some other electronics laying around the house that i've been meaning to get rid of. Which from my understanding i can turn them in with my iphone and get an even bigger credit and nock more off the cost of it.

  20. #38
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts

    Why the hell are all of you so excited and bragging about getting your iPhone 4 this cheap when you're ripping yourself off? Sell your 3GS for $300, buy the iPhone 4 with upgrade at $149, then pocket the other $150 or spend it on your significant other or for F's sake you can light it on fire if you want and still get more enjoyment than if you were to trade it in like a goon and essentially let radio shack steal from you.

  21. #39
    iPhoneaholic Ichwohneinloche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    La
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    Why the hell are all of you so excited and bragging about getting your iPhone 4 this cheap when you're ripping yourself off? Sell your 3GS for $300, buy the iPhone 4 with upgrade at $149, then pocket the other $150 or spend it on your significant other or for F's sake you can light it on fire if you want and still get more enjoyment than if you were to trade it in like a goon and essentially let radio shack steal from you.
    Around here anything other than a 4 isn't moving. People don't want a used one when they can just go get a new one for $100 and not have to worry about it being stolen or something. Yeah I know i'm not getting full value for my stuff, but it is the easiest thing to do at the moment.

    And I don't think iphones burn well. Unless you get it hot enough to make the battery explode.

  22. #40
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    they do not do upgrades on this for customers that are eligible for PARTIAL upgrade credit. You have to be completely out of the woods and ready to re-sign into another contract.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts