Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix Battery Drain with redsn0w 0.9.6b6 and SAM

to threader I had the same problems you need to use previous version of redsnow then simply choose the options multitasking enabled and battery percentage, just choose one of these options re-jailbreak and the iphone
    will hacktivate your device. after the phone has rebooted you will
    see you still have all your programs from cydia and itunes still on your device and it will sync your device, hope this helps bacause it helped me when I was in the same position oh also open SAM and it will say factory unlocked , so no wildcard message. I just turn off data and set mail to fetch also location services off when I'm not using these and battery is acting like it should good luck

Quote Originally Posted by bakstabaz View Post
    to threader I had the same problems you need to use previous version of redsnow then simply choose the options multitasking enabled and battery percentage, just choose one of these options re-jailbreak and the iphone
    will hacktivate your device. after the phone has rebooted you will
    see you still have all your programs from cydia and itunes still on your device and it will sync your device, hope this helps bacause it helped me when I was in the same position oh also open SAM and it will say factory unlocked , so no wildcard message. I just turn off data and set mail to fetch also location services off when I'm not using these and battery is acting like it should good luck
    what i did after is simply run latest redsn0w again with none of the option checked, iphone hacktivated again..but the battery problem is severe, man. charging like every 3 hours. I hope there will be a fix on SAM later on. or maybe a more thorough instruction just in case the fault is on me.

yeah that also works but in my case the problem simply was the SAM program i pushed on de activate iphone it simply didn't respond no respring or what so ever Itunes simply displayed the message no valid sim card detected
    but i works for others strange I even tried setting it to my carrier
    country and SIM number nothing.

Here's my situation

i have 3gs with ios 4.1 jailbreaked with limera1n unlocked with ultrasn0w and baseband is ipad 6.15 my battery is going crazy i have to recharge my cell after every 2 hours and its getting over heat ... i tried SAM but itune say invalid SIM so i revert the process and im back to the situation were i was ...

kindly clear me if i have to uninstall ultrasn0w before i install SAM and de-activate my phone with redsn0w new version or only i have to de-activate with redsn0w and go as instructed..

im bit confused.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question iphone 4
    I have a new iphone 4 32gb on 4.1 /2.10 that I received as a gift from my brother. I am trying to activate it through itunes but they are asking for my brothers social and zip, but I cant do that because he cant have his 3gs be turned off.Can I jailbreak and run sam to get past the activation issues Im having?? And then use it with another AT&t account?

Okay I have a Question now.

1) I got an iPhone 3G[S] NEW BootROM on 4.1 - Jailbroken (sn0wbreeze) and Unlocked (ultrasn0w).
    2) PushDoctor installed and YouTube & Push notifications work fine.
    3) I don't experience a battery drain or connection loss.
    4) Also when I installed SAM & SAMPrefs, it shows the Activation State as : "FactoryActivated".
    5) I've Hacktivated through sn0wbreeze though.
    6) My Carrier has launched iPhone 3G[S] Officially in my country only for Postpaid customers. But I didn't buy my iPhone through them and I'm using their Prepaid SIM.
    7) So my Question is, Should I use SAM and SAMPrefs and Will installing it improve my battery & overall Performance any further than it is now?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

#3 & #7) Are you experincing battery drain now? If no, don't fix what's not broken.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Apocalyptron (12-04-2010)

Yeah, this SAM thing is only for those who have "upgraded" to 4.2 and are using the tethered jailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerri blank View Post
    Yeah, this SAM thing is only for those who have "upgraded" to 4.2 and are using the tethered jailbreak.
    It is actually for the people who updated their baseband to 6.15.00 and hacktivated.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

jerri blank (12-04-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    It is actually for the people who updated their baseband to 6.15.00 and hacktivated.
    Uh-oh - that's good to know. Does that mean that downgrading to 4.l won't help me with the battery issue, since I'm stuck with 6.15.00 regardless?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jerri blank View Post
    Hactivation .vs. Activation. Nothing to do with tethered/untethered.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Ya, you will probably still see the issues on 4.1 if you hacktivate

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm already unlocked, but it was by greenpo1son and not redsn0w. Will this still work for me or do I have to restore and unlock using redsn0w? I'm on firmware 4.1, does it even apply to me? Everyone is so confusing.
    Last edited by EMCEExGeek; 12-04-2010 at 09:26 AM.

is there going to be a untethered jailbreak for the iphone 4 4.2.1? i know it says i'm a newbe but i never post anything thing, i just read a lot.

I assume they're working on one. Meanwhile I just downgraded to 4.1 to get rid of the hassle of booting tethered.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times in 2,645 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KARLOZcr View Post
    - I have a 3GS... oldboot
    - I installed 4.2.1, then with redsnow I installed BB 06.15
    - I downgraded it to 4.1
    - I used an original AT&T card to activated it
    - I installed Ultrasn0w to unlocked it.

This new Cydia feature is
    applicable to my iDevice ?
    No, you are not affected since you used ur atnt to activate

Option #2: my custom stockify program - works on any phone 3.0+
    With SAM and SAMPrefs installed; install openssh and secure shell into your phone. Run "stockify" and it will revert your lockdownd to a stock lockdownd
    Reboot your phone
    What the heck is 'Stockify' can't seem to find it anywhere... Can some one enlighten me?

Thanks

i dont understant if were suppose to use
    an att sim?(unregisterd)
    my tmobile sim?
    or what setting to put into SAM,the official att setting with my tmobile sim?
    tmobile settings with att sim?.....i dont know....
    All information contained in my post came to me in a dream. I don't even own an iphone.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button

21. The Following User Says Thank You to westc0ast For This Useful Post:

psibreaker (12-04-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Think it comes with SAM, its a command line I think
    How do I go about using it? The instruction on the authors site aren't really detailed.

See my post elsewhere in this thread for a link to better instructions.

Now that I finally got this working, the difference is like night and day. It took a while, but it's worth it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast