+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did Best Buy Sell This Guy a Fake iPad?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Squeaky369 It's not a scam you dumb asses... It's very easy to open a product and then reseal it again with shrink-wrap. Especially at Best Buy; since
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky369 View Post
    It's not a scam you dumb asses...

It's very easy to open a product and then reseal it again with shrink-wrap. Especially at Best Buy; since they have all that stuff there to reseal.

I'd put my money on an employee opening the box(s) and putting the fakes in there. Not hard to do; and not the first time that Best Buy has had inside jobs on Apple products.
    So true, I have a friend that works at best buy and #1 reason people get fired is for stealing.

I don't think this is a scam but he won't get a free iPad maybe if hes lucky a refund or gift card for the amount he spent.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluemoldycheeze88 For This Useful Post:

Squeaky369 (12-03-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think Best Buy should inspect video tape of other stores nearby and see if this guy has showed up in these stores and left with an iPad or returned one. Might take a while to investigate through that much tape.....but it might help solve this.

Thanks

Countries get sterotypes through things like this. America's used to be"Everyone's fat!" Now it's switched over to: "All Americans do is sue each other!" Suppose it's better than shooting each other.

Don't get me wrong I've been to the states and it was a great experience. Just Americas stereotype to the rest of the world is Sue! Sue! Sue!
    Internet killed the video star.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol its funny how he had to take it to Geek Squad just to find out it was a dummy one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deviatorz For This Useful Post:

JonnyBoy123 (12-02-2010)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I would not be happy if this happened to me... however he will not get a free iPad out of this deal! The guy says at the end to make sure you open the box and make sure what you bought is there.... I can see it now! Tons of people by the doors opening their boxes to make sure what they bought is in them.... HA!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

when you consider the cost of gas and shipping and all other factors that play into how much of a hassle this is for him, i think an ipad may just be a step up from what he should get for compensation. his time is being wasted and that's the worst part about it. you can't get your time back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

I smell a scam. Either an employee at BB is doing this or this kid did this. If it was unopen then I say its an Apple issue.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    I smell a scam. Either an employee at BB is doing this or this kid did this. If it was unopen then I say its an Apple issue.
    A scam is odorless how then do u smell it lol

I wonder if it gas the home button and the writing on the back stating it's from apple and all that

Makes you want to buy it online at the Apple Store, I'd say stay away from eBay lol

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Dorchester, hmmmmm.
    Not just this, but other situations like this seem to always be in lower income areas.
    This reminds me of the nintendo scams when they were on cartidge. Buy the latest release and the cheapest used game available. go home steam off the labels and switch them. Go back to the store with the old catridge with the new label to get your money back.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    fake return.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Part of Apple's fault for wrapping there products in plain shrink wraps. Maybe apple should wrap there products in anti counterfeit wrappers to prevent this from happening. To think we spend so much money on Apple's product the least they can do is to ensure we get what we paid for. This is one of the main reason why I never shop at best buys.

Thanks

Sounds a little fishy fishy. If it was BB fault I would want more than just an iPad.

Thanks
    You can buy these fake one on Ebay all day long. Hmmm, first thing that comes to mind is buy a real one, replace it with a fake one, return to store and get money back....

OEM Fake Non-working Dummy Display Phone For Apple iPad - eBay (item 110618786653 end time Dec-30-10 20:33:33 PST)

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like apple already served a cease and desist

http://www.ipaddummy.net/

This guy sold dummy ipads for 50$

http://www.geekosystem.com/ipad-dummy/
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justin7942163 View Post
    Countries get sterotypes through things like this. America's used to be"Everyone's fat!" Now it's switched over to: "All Americans do is sue each other!" Suppose it's better than shooting each other.

Don't get me wrong I've been to the states and it was a great experience. Just Americas stereotype to the rest of the world is Sue! Sue! Sue!
    That's ok we in the US stereotype the rest of the world as ignorant and poor. So it's all good...lol

Joke^
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they sold him a floor model, I've been working at Vintage Stock for about a year and lets just say 6 copies of black ops went missing from the store the night before it was supposed to come out...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to coolguy742 For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (12-03-2010)

Thanks

The guy is so at it. Why would he try and return it to several stores? Surely you would insist the first store sorted it out. What a fraud.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used to work at Best Buy during 2 years. And THE CUSTOMER IS THE SCAMMER. The fact that he tried to return his iPad to other stores just proves it. A women did the same thing with me. She bought a $500 GPS and we even opened the box to verify everything. Then before buying it she asks me if there are any other stores near and I told her that yes there was another one about 30 minutes away. 2 hours later she comes back to the store trying to return an old scratched $200 model from the same brand.

Then I called the store manager and explained the situation and she got all defensive saying "ARE YOU IMPLYING IM TRYING TO SCAM YOU!?!?" lol dumb *****. It's the same story with this guy. He wants to save his *** so the best thing to do is pretend you are right and lie. The thing is how far are you willing to go?
    Last edited by Christian Bale; 12-03-2010 at 07:23 AM.
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

Thanks

This guy wants best buy to give him his money back, and he clearly says he ALSO wants a free iPad because of his aggravation. GTFO here! No way in the world would they give you a free iPad. He acts like they're trying to do this on purpose. Besides, who the eff buys an open boxed iPad, cheap ***. Haha I work at best buy now. We've had this happen before. But he should have tried taking it to several stores, before finally goin back to where he got it. I'd love to hear the outcome of this story. Modmyi, keep us posted on this. Please!!!
    Last edited by chris102192; 12-03-2010 at 07:27 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can someone show me where it said it was open box? like please.

everyone is so quick to assume this guy is a scammer because clearly he bought an open box and should have known it was a floor model inside.

its sad because there is a video to watch so its not even a reading comprehension thing. so I will lay out the facts.

1) the guy paid $830 in MA (full price not open box price) for an iPad to give to his son as a gift.
    2) man brings iPad to his son in florida.
    3)son attempts to use it and cant
    4)man goes to geek squad and tries to get it figured out, only the issue lies with the store in MA not the store in FL where he is.
    5) FL store denies return, says its a scam
    6) guy tries to return in 2 more stores in FLORIDA
    7) returns home and takes issue back to the store where the purchase occurred
    8) again he is told no return will be accepted.

If this guy is really a scammer he's got some serious balls. not only did he try to return it at 4 different stores, he then went on the news with his problem.

I dont see how this is his fault, because as far as I'm concerned best buy had 4 chances to give the guy a refund, its not as if he went into the store and they said he could have his money back and he's said no 'cus he's holding out for a free ipad.

I thought in the USA you were innocent until proven guilty, its sad to see so many people take the side of ******* best buy of all places.