Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did Best Buy Sell This Guy a Fake iPad?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,383 Posts

^ I agree. It's totally internal. That many other complaints about the same issue from the same store. It can't be a coincidence that several customers are scamming the same store with fake ipads cuz that's stupidity!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

BennyPR (12-02-2010), Poseidon79 (12-02-2010)

"I want my money AND a free iPad for my frustration!" - LOL! Idk why I laughed so hard but I did. It was hilarious

I also agree he should be refunded but a free ipad? no way. That isnt how business is run.

I work at the best buy in dallas and theres no way we would have put a dummy one in there. we dont even have dummy ipads, the one on display is real. All open box items are taken care of through customer service which get scanne, tagged and checked from a GS agent to make sure the returns are legit. Someone before him could not have taken the real one and returned the dummy one like so. Also employees dont have access to ipad lockup without having to call for manager keys.
    this is a total scam on his part
    hi :0

I felt sorry for the guy all the way up until the last sentence:

"he want's a FREE iPad for his aggravation".

That's Best Buy's decision to give you a free iPad out of humility, NOT your decision as a consumer to demand a free iPad. What kind of society do we live in now, where consumers get to demand whatever the hell they want? I have seen this behavior first hand, and I am really taken aback that it's entering main stream media.

This needs to stop. You are not entitled to anything you *****. Take the return, and an apology, and your 15 seconds of media fame, and leave happy that you got your iPad.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to royalnewjersey For This Useful Post:

BSmith (12-02-2010), CaryDude (12-02-2010), dhamien (12-02-2010)

Are you guys kidding me? Have you ever dealt with customer service at a big-box realter? AT&T made a mistake on the upgradeability of my phone line, and made me wait in the Apple store for a few hours while I tried to buy my iPhone. They ended up paying for all of the price of my new phone.

If this guy's story is true, and they can prove it, his television exposure will be enough to get him at least a free iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by candypaint View Post
    Smells like a scam.
    If a BestBuy representative left a message that confirmed this has happened to a other people at the same store, then I think BestBuy is at fault.

When dealing with BestBuy customer service or Geek Squad, make sure you keep detailed notes on the conversation and save any messages left on your answering machine.

I saved messages left by BestBuy on my answering machine to my iPhone 3GS using the standard voice recorder app. Since the messages where left on my answering machine this was legal. Thank god I did this because it saved my @ss when BestBuy would not cover my warranty. BestBuy customer service are a bunch of liars and cheats.

Thank you iPhone!!!
    Last edited by reddawg; 12-02-2010 at 11:59 AM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

it's sad how people do this...... but most likely an employee as it happened to many people.. Even if you don't have a dummy in store you can get them off ebay or some place and just swap and reseal it cuz i know retail stores have resealers and do reseal items often and don't label them repackaged.

This is definitely a common problem. Just like laptops walk off UPS trucks never to be seen again.

Best Buy needs to refund him and MAYBE give him 10% off or something. Him demanding that ****? He's crazy. He needs to have that fake one shoved up his *** for thinking like that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BSmith For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (12-02-2010)

I think its funny people dont think the guy should get a free iPad. While it seems like the guy is grasping for anything, think if it was you in his position out nearly $1000 because of an error that occurred at the place you purchased and they dont seem to care or want to help. If he did nothing wrong then he deserves to be compensated in some way other than just getting to return it.

What's Jailbreak? colorado_junkie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by royalnewjersey View Post
    This needs to stop. You are not entitled to anything you *****. Take the return, and an apology, and your 15 seconds of media fame, and leave happy that you got your iPad.
    I concur!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If the guy makes enough waves, chances are Best Buy will just give him the real deal to avoid even more potentially bad publicity.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I agree it was replaced with a dummie, it was either an employee or just a person we will never find....it could have been more than one person who did this because best buy said this happened to more than 5 people so yah! NEVR buy an opened item, thats what I DO

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a group scamming Best Buy buy replacing the iPads with dummies and then claiming refund or some workers in Best Buy are replacing iPad with dummy iPad's.

The guy doesn't deserve an free $800 iPad. His fault for buying an opened iPad box, had to be open if it was swapped with a dummy.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

Buffolus (12-02-2010), CaryDude (12-02-2010)

Refund and free iPad? Going to best buy now... please be fake, please be fake....

I would like to see what the fake ipad looks like...how did he determine it was fake?

Funny line: "Refund the fake ipad but get a free one" So they can give you another fake, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    There's a group scamming Best Buy buy replacing the iPads with dummies and then claiming refund or some workers in Best Buy are replacing iPad with dummy iPad's.

The guy doesn't deserve an free $800 iPad. His fault for buying an opened iPad box, had to be open if it was swapped with a dummy.
    Where did you get this fact? Do you have a link?
    Last edited by JSkywalker217; 12-02-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bartle Doo

Quote Originally Posted by kadernal View Post
    I think its funny people dont think the guy should get a free iPad. While it seems like the guy is grasping for anything, think if it was you in his position out nearly $1000 because of an error that occurred at the place you purchased and they dont seem to care or want to help. If he did nothing wrong then he deserves to be compensated in some way other than just getting to return it.
    And this is exactly whats wrong with our country. People thinking they deserve something for nothing! How does Best Buy know that this guy didn't swipe the iPad himself. Sure he probably didn't but it's not Best Buys fault for covering their ***. Let them investigate and if he's in the right give him a refund or replace it with a working iPad. Why should this be Best Buy fault. If anything the guy who originally stole the item should be fired, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    And this is exactly whats wrong with our country. People thinking they deserve something for nothing! How does Best Buy know that this guy didn't swipe the iPad himself. Sure he probably didn't but it's not Best Buys fault for covering their ***. Let them investigate and if he's in the right give him a refund or replace it with a working iPad. Why should this be Best Buy fault. If anything the guy who originally stole the item should be fired, but that's about it.
    Actually it is. They should barcode their products with the reciepts once it has been purchased so it matches the ipad's serial number.

Ive came across issues with Best Buy before and they are shady. I usually dont buy major things from them, just iphone cases.
    Last edited by JSkywalker217; 12-02-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    Bartle Doo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wow I will call the police make a report the news just like he did and I will give them 1 week of respond no respond I will call my lawyer and I will take this to court... I will be all over the internet because I now some one else will have the same problem..... $$$$$$

This does not surprise me at all about Best Buy. I find it highly suspect though, that if the guy had his receipt and it could be matched to the item he left the store with, there should be little question that Best Buy screwed up, meaning, one of their employees is a thief.

Good luck on getting your money back from them though, even when it is their fault. I can cite numerous occasions when they've seriously messed up a purchase and refuse to refund the customer their money. Buyer beware! I have not shopped at Best Buy for several years, and I will never do so again.

As for this guy though, he deserves his money back, regardless if the device is fake or not. As long as the receipt matches the barcode on the item, there should be no problem, unless BB can prove it's a scam. Otherwise, it's a security hole in their receipt/product tracking.

But a new iPad for his "aggravation"? Puh-leeze. His "aggravation" should be a lesson learned never to shop there again, but he doesn't deserve a free iPad. Take your money back, go somewhere else, and remember your whoopin'.
    Last edited by Taranis17; 12-02-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast