+ Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warning: ultrasn0w May Break GPS on Baseband 6.15.00

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hahah wirklich ich könnte schwören das du es bist also ich heiße benhard

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I can confirm that 4.2.1 3g 06.15.00 has gps problems. When using maps the current location is 3 blocks off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to k1653d For This Useful Post:

lucky999 (12-04-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Havnt tried new stuff I'm on 4.0.1 with 5.13 or something something baseband Nothing really new to update is it ??

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I'm guessing Apple knows what's going on and in 4.3 they will include a baseband update to 6.16.00 to break ipads baseband hack

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyYen View Post
    Im sure the going be a baseband downgrade soon or maybe later as other baseband in the past and there a app called fizzyband maybe that might get a update to sort us unlocked people out? im sure our iphone 3g/3gs running BB 06.15.00 the hackers and modders must know something we dont? as they have been good people they wouldnt do this just to f___k us up surely?

We should never give up hope just enjoy the lovely work which you didnt have to pay for and go on you merry way ha ha
    There will be no downgrade except for the very small percentage of 3G phones with 5.08 boot loader. 98% of people will be stuck with this baseband, most likely forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    This has to go down as the most !@#$@# up thing the dev team has ever done.
    They warned people. All they did was come up with an option to unlock iPhones stuck at an unlockable base band. People didn't have to do it. I think to have a iPHONE that can make PHONE calls is more important then having gps. If you used this method to unlock your iPhone and you are mad because gps doesn't work, tuff **** the dev team said there was risk so live with it or get a new iPhone and use it on a supported carrier.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

4.1 with unlock and gps ftw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i have a iphone4 version 4.1 and am looking or a unlock can i degrade and unlock or anyWord hen a unlock for 4.1 ill be coming ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    I totally disagree. People should take calculated risks and play their percentages. This is why the economy is messed up now. The Dev Team always tell people the risks of jail-breaking. As of now, this upgrade is just too risky. The risks shown in their release blog was astonishing. That alone was enough for me to what it out, especially since 4.2 isn't much of an improvement over 4.1.
    calculated RISKS are still risks.....period. PS. the economies growth came from risk as well. all pos AND neg in life come from risks in regards to the unknown & change.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    They warned people. All they did was come up with an option to unlock iPhones stuck at an unlockable base band. People didn't have to do it. I think to have a iPHONE that can make PHONE calls is more important then having gps. If you used this method to unlock your iPhone and you are mad because gps doesn't work, tuff **** the dev team said there was risk so live with it or get a new iPhone and use it on a supported carrier.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally disagree. People should take calculated risks and play their percentages. This is why the economy is messed up now. The Dev Team always tell people the risks of jail-breaking. As of now, this upgrade is just too risky. The risks shown in their release blog was astonishing. That alone was enough for me to what it out, especially since 4.2 isn't much of an improvement over 4.1.
    So really what is the risk? Going without GPS for a while until they find a fix? Doesn't seem like that huge a loss to me. If people didn't take risks we wouldn't have half of the things we have today. The fact that people had issues in the first place has opened the devs eyes to the problem existing at all.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

iCass (12-02-2010), MikeMiamiFL (12-05-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    So really what is the risk? Going without GPS for a while until they find a fix? Doesn't seem like that huge a loss to me. If people didn't take risks we wouldn't have half of the things we have today. The fact that people had issues in the first place has opened the devs eyes to the problem existing at all.
    exactly, i agree...no one said do it. we (rather those who did) CHOSE to do it. wasnt really a risk. more like a weighing of priorities..GPS? or PHONE CALLS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    What saunupe1911 was saying is that people should take smart risks, and informed ones. For people that don't use GPS or don't really need it, no great loss. For people that *do* rely on it.... problem.

The risk was the same for everyone: small chance of brick, small chance of unknown hardware misfeatures, good chance of no problems. But the impact and implications aren't the same for everyone, and the people who are most severely affected by this problem possibly should have considered and weighed the risks more carefully before jumping in.

Idjits who blindly rush out and update to the latest FW from Apple every time, and immediately beg for a JB and can't understand why they weren't warned not to upgrade (they were warned) are the ones who tend to get burned. They do little or no cost/benefit analysis, and sometimes they get lucky and sometimes not.

People who generally understand the risks, and dive in acknowledging and accepting them (I imagine, people like you) are the kind of risk-takers that benefit the world. The ones who don't understand but dive in anyway are cannon fodder. Their major benefit is becoming fertilizer

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

colorado_junkie (12-02-2010), Jakroval (12-02-2010)

Thanks

Echo the previous posts gps is no big deal since many people been without an unlock iPhone since summer 2010!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This problem is specifically for "unlocking" and not "jailbreaking" correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@raduga,

Very intelligent post, especially the last paragraph.

@cougamvp1
    Correct. The problem exist for those who upgrade their BB to 6.15 in order to turn their iphone into a phone again rather than ipod touch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This wasn't a jailbreak, it was an unlock. There is a difference. And what Firmware (4.1 or 4.2 that you chose not to upgrade to) you have is not the same thing as your Baseband. I didn't upgrade my to 4.2.1 Firmware (I stayed at 4.1), but I did flash my Baseband to 06.15.00 in order to unlock my iPhone 3Gs to work on my carrier of choice. I was aware of the risks when I did it and read everything I could read about it thoroughly before going ahead with the Baseband upgrade, and am not sorry I did. My GPS also puts my location off by a few blocks, but if that is the price I pay in order to have an iPhone that works in every other way, I am good with that. Greatful, even. The Dev-Team does a great job delivering us with the ability to use our iPhones how we want, but even developing geniuses are imperfect humans and they can't predict all of these problems all of the time. They provide us with the options and we make the choice. Those of us who educate ourselves of all the facts and weigh the risks and benefits before making the choice don't often regret our choices.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iCass For This Useful Post:

walktovanish (12-02-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Good thing they're looking into this bug before messing with the iPhone 4 unlock
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We should be gratefull too and btw cuz of apples imperfection they could find holes to make jb's and unlocks and that even for free and they are doing their best to look into the bugs and make fixes
    Last edited by VIRUSCELL; 12-02-2010 at 04:40 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ive updated to the ipad baseband on 6 different iphones now and every single one is working fine.. maybe im very lucky? or maybe people are doing it wrong.. but i cant see how its extremely simple

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeThomson For This Useful Post:

VIRUSCELL (12-02-2010)