Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Launching 4G LTE, Pulling 'Accidental' iPhone Ad

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Verizon Launching 4G LTE, Pulling 'Accidental' iPhone Ad

Verizon has announced the scheduled launch of its 4G LTE wireless network and it will take place this Sunday, December 5th. After the official word was announced, many Verizon customers (current and prospective) turned to the web to learn whether or not 4G service will be available in their area. Launch markets for Verizon 4G LTE will cover "38 defined territories," like major cities including New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Los Angeles. 60 major airports across the US will also be covered in the initial roll out.

As reported by the Wall Street Journal today, Verizon will offer a "$50 monthly 4G plan for five gigabytes of data," a deal that bests the carrier's current 3G plan and Sprint Nextel Corp.'s 4G plan by $10. Verizon will also offer an $80 monthly plan, which comes with a 10-gigabyte cap. "Verizon Wireless is able to offer the five-gigabyte plan at a lower rate than its 3G plan because it costs less to deliver that wireless traffic on 4G," Chief Technology Officer Tony Melone said.

Strangely, just as Verizon's chiefs were busy announcing the dawn of 4G on their network, the advertising folks at Verizon were busy covering up what's being called an "honest blunder." An ad for Verizon featuring the Droid X accidentally displays an iPhone interface. Naturally, the conspiracy theorists among us will interpret this to mean all sorts of things. For now, Verizon says it was a simple error.

Wall Street Journal

Heres to hoping it wasnt a simple error

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (12-01-2010)

Of note: The $50/$80 data plans are for the 4G DATA CARDS they'll be launching along with the LTE network. Unless they got a super secret 4G phone ready, their first 4G phone offerings much come until later in 2011.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

mosesh (12-01-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

How many times have you seen a BestBuy, Radio Shack, or WalMart ad showing a computer or cell phone screen simulated? At least a few trillion times. We'e seen at&t use a WIndows Mobile 6 on a old Blackjack 1 (which at the time wasn't officially out), and Radio Shack had a iPod Touch with jailbroken apps on its screen, as well as seeing Apple show the Compass app on the 3G's screen w.r.t. iOS 4.2.1.

That is why I think it's a error on the ad agency's part. Move along, nothing to see here...
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

damn 50 bucks or 80 for data plans. Man they r trying to take as much money away from us as they can. **** im really hoping to move to Verizon if they get the iphone but now im only going to be able to get a plan with like only 200 minutes
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-01-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: edit

Is this actually 4G or what verizon an T-mobile are calling 4G even though 4G doesn't exist yet.
    And second, $40 for 5GB? Thats really expensive. I get 6GB for $30
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Why would they even have a cropped picture(assuming they have them for quick editing) of the iPhone OS if they don't plan to sell it?
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Christian Bale For This Useful Post:

JonnyBoy123 (12-01-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

$50 Bucks for 5 GB of data? SUCK IT VERIZON! i say 1 more time, SUCK IT VERIZON! I dont have AT&T right now but i plan to when i get back to the states, and using my 3GS until the iPhone 5 comes out (or whatever the next gen iPhone will be called) and using their Data plan and No texting plan, i will just use HEYWIRE to text anyone worldwide for free! VERIZON IS TRYING TO RAPE YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    Why would they even have a cropped picture(assuming they have them for quick editing) of the iPhone OS if they don't plan to sell it?
    They hire an advertising company, they don't do it themselves. They're probably the same one that made the Pepsi (something) app ad. If not, they're probably just an advertising company that makes app ads all the time for both platforms.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

LTE is a 4th Generation wireless technology which will be the new standard for GSM Providers. It's just kinda funny that a CMDA Network is launching a LTE which is a GSM network before the 2 BIG GSM Providers in the states are.

HSDPA+ is good but it's not a true 4th Generation wireless technology , but It didn't stop T-Mobile from labeling it as 4G.

Attention: THE DATA PLANS AREN'T FOR PHONES, THE SKY ISN'T FALLING

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Attention: THE DATA PLANS AREN'T FOR PHONES, THE SKY ISN'T FALLING
    I Hope people didn't believe that those rates were for phones.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluemoldycheeze88 For This Useful Post:

JonnyBoy123 (12-01-2010)

Thanks

then what are the rates for then?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is for the new droid The Iphone is not coming into first quarter of next year...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    is for the new droid The Iphone is not coming into first quarter of next year...
    umm what? If your answering my post just above yours then your answer does not make sense as the other posters said this price is not for mobile phones............

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    umm what? If your answering my post just above yours then your answer does not make sense as the other posters said this price is not for mobile phones............
    I'll give you a hint. The first part of the hint is "I already answered that question..."

The second part is "...in this thread".

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Ya your right. Great job you win a prize....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (12-01-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    then what are the rates for then?
    Those are for their new data cards.

iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I am sure you can get a LTE phone overseas... There is a swedish cell company that has been on LTE for 5 years now...

As far as apple goes...(knowing Apple) whats going to happened is... they will roll out the same iPhone 4 but CDMA version in the begining of the year.. and then when June/July rolls around they will roll out the iPhone 4G BAAAAM! in your face to empty your pockets all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    They hire an advertising company, they don't do it themselves. They're probably the same one that made the Pepsi (something) app ad. If not, they're probably just an advertising company that makes app ads all the time for both platforms.
    There is no way something like that just gets by. I can't believe that for a minute. Even if Verizon hired some advertising agency to do the ad. I'm sure it has to get some kind of approval from Verizon before it gets launched. Oooooo it must mean something. Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast