+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple "Smoked the Competition" in Quality, Reliability

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by suade8880 The price you pay for quality and reliability. Exactly, premium products, apple Is not a brand trying to make things cheap, they are a top quality
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suade8880 View Post
    The price you pay for quality and reliability.
    Exactly, premium products, apple
    Is not a brand trying to make things cheap, they are a top quality brand
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Actually more and more business are switching to the iphone.... Probably about 2/3rds of the accounts i dealt with last year got iphones.
    Ironically this probably has to do more with the highly closed environment that Apple runs their junk under than anything else. For businesses THAT is where it's at. That and custom app development.

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    It always changes guys... The last decade belonged to Microsoft, it's looking like this decade will belong to Apple...who's next? Microsoft reemergence?..Google? Nokia (hahaha) Only time will tell! Just enjoy the great sh@t we r enjoying, and will continue to enjoy. In my younger days I had allegiance to only Microsoft...hated Apple...seems like the two have switched rolls.
    This decade belongs to Apple? Based on what? Growth? If so, then I can give you that. If sales (which is what matters), they are trailing by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Apple made a mistake. All phones lose bars when you hold them wrong. Apple messed up and showed less bars than there actually were. This made EVERYONE think their phones had this "problem," not just the <1% who actually had a defective phone.
    This fellow already drank about a gallon of the koolaid...

Yes, you are right. They did make a mistake. They built it wrong. What did they do right? They convinced you that instead you are holding it wrong.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 12-01-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (12-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Ironically this probably has to do more with the highly closed environment that Apple runs their junk under than anything else. For businesses THAT is where it's at. That and custom app development.

This decade belongs to Apple? Based on what? Growth? If so, then I can give you that. If sales (which is what matters), they are trailing by a long shot.

Yes, you are right. They did make a mistake. They built it wrong. What did they do right? They convinced you that instead you are holding it wrong.
    Ah yes, another rube who bought the fake Steve Jobs "You're holding it wong" email hook line and sinker.

Talk about Kool-Aid drinkers.

And for the record the alleged email from "Steve" read:

"Don't hold it that way."

"OMGBBQWTF!!!

PC World is biased towards Apple111!1!1!"

Chew on that irony for a while....

Thanks

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. If you want a top quality TV you pay a little extra for the Sony or LG. If you want to save money buy an Emerson. If you want a top quality car buy a BMW or Mercedes. Or save money and buy a lower end domestic.

A $500 bargain laptop has $500 worth of quality. A $1000 MBA comes with an extra $500 of ease of use, reliability, and support. Apple has made it's niche providing products that for the most part just work, and you pay for it.

A free Nokia phone next to a $300 iPhone... well you get the picture. You get what you pay for.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpyder View Post
    As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. If you want a top quality TV you pay a little extra for the Sony or LG. If you want to save money buy an Emerson. If you want a top quality car buy a BMW or Mercedes. Or save money and buy a lower end domestic.

A $500 bargain laptop has $500 worth of quality. A $1000 MBA comes with an extra $500 of ease of use, reliability, and support. Apple has made it's niche providing products that for the most part just work, and you pay for it.

A free Nokia phone next to a $300 iPhone... well you get the picture. You get what you pay for.
    A $500 bargain laptop is far superior under the hood compared to MBA. A $1000 laptop blows the $2500 MBP out of the water. You are not getting what you pay for. Granted, mine doesn't have an Apple logo on it and sadly a growing number of people are justifying it this way.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

rocky5 (12-01-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    A $500 bargain laptop is far superior under the hood compared to MBA. A $1000 laptop blows the $2500 MBP out of the water. You are not getting what you pay for. Granted, mine doesn't have an Apple logo on it and sadly a growing number of people are justifying it this way.
    Who cares?!? If someone wants to pay $2500 for a MBP because they prefer Apple over Windows, that's their biz. If people actually thought or cared that Apple's products have had or have "issues" then Apple wouldn't be dominating the smartphone industry and wouldn't be doing so well with sells or becoming as popular as they are. Obviously people like them and their products including yourself (otherwise I'm not sure why your on this Apple forum, and don't say it's because you like to read the news, cause you can do that without replying and berating Apple).

It's so lame when people hate on something just because they've had issues, if that was case with everyone else then I think close to the whole world would hate on Windows and all the issues they've had and still have! If you want to bash on Apple why not go on to an Android forum or a Windows forum..? This is an Apple forum for people who enjoy Apple and want to talk about their products...not hate on them. Are you trying to get people to leave Apple by saying stuff like that? I really think you guys have nothing better to do and it's sad.

There's no reason to say all that stuff on here, a lot of us like Apple, that's why we're here talking about them. You can go ahead and reply and say what you will, I really don't care lol, I'm just tired of reading people putting down Apple...on an Apple forum...from people who own Apple products.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 12-01-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Multitasking on any phone drains your battery.
    The EVO.
    The iPhone's stock GUI is sad. I theme it through Winterboard.
    The battery is the iPhone's second biggest flaw.
    iTunes on a P.C. runs poorly.
    You keep on living up to Apple's standards though. They wouldn't be where they are without people like you.
    okay first off my friend has two android phones and both of them drain the batteries wayy to quickly, and he always has to quit all apps running just to use his phone as a phone even. he has an evo and a droid x. my guess is your uninformed. Do you even know how the multitasking on the iphone works?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Just a heads up. Please keep it a clean discussion. Insulting other members is against the rules.

Debate is fine but keep it clean and clear of insults.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-01-2010 at 02:56 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (12-01-2010), steve-z17 (12-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Who cares?!? If someone wants to pay $2500 for a MBP because they prefer Apple over Windows, that's their biz. If people actually thought or cared that Apple's products have had or have "issues" then Apple wouldn't be dominating the smartphone industry and wouldn't be doing so well with sells or becoming as popular as they are. Obviously people like them and their products including yourself (otherwise I'm not sure why your on this Apple forum, and don't say it's because you like to read the news, cause you can do that without replying and berating Apple).

It's so lame when people hate on something just because they've had issues, if that was case with everyone else then I think close to the whole world would hate on Windows and all the issues they've had and still have! If you want to bash on Apple why not go on to an Android forum or a Windows forum..? This is an Apple forum for people who enjoy Apple and want to talk about their products...not hate on them. Are you trying to get people to leave Apple by saying stuff like that? I really think you guys have nothing better to do and it's sad.

There's no reason to say all that stuff on here, a lot of us like Apple, that's why we're here talking about them. You can go ahead and reply and say what you will, I really don't care lol, I'm just tired of reading people putting down Apple...on an Apple forum...from people who own Apple products.
    I think you are reading too much into my posts. I am by no means berating Apple. Facts are facts. It just so happens that I expect a quality product with anything I purchase, but it hasn't been the case with the majority of Apple products I have had. I run Windows, Ubuntu, and OSX on a PC that has never given me issues. You are correct...this is an "Apple" forum on which I will discuss my Apple opinions whether they happen to fit into your Magical Apple Wonder World or not.

Quote Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
    okay first off my friend has two android phones and both of them drain the batteries wayy to quickly, and he always has to quit all apps running just to use his phone as a phone even. he has an evo and a droid x. my guess is your uninformed. Do you even know how the multitasking on the iphone works?
    You do not have to quit all apps to use the phone. Open some apps on his Evo and then launch the phone app. It does not tell you to exit and kill all apps before making a phone call.

iOS multitasking calls for either a running state or a suspended state depending on the app that is calling on the function itself. So if you are running Pandora and press the Home button it drops into the running state. Launch a game and then press the Home button and it drops into the suspended state. It will pause. Depending on your available memory of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

I asked to please keep it clean. This also means starting by calling names and calling someone that will start something.

(Deleted post)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skizo View Post
    I don't like to dis Apple computers. I've never owned one and likely never will. Given that, I don't have much input. (I do, however, enjoy my iPhones). People who own Apples/Macs seem to enjoy them, so to me that says a lot about the product.

All that being said, those people are paying copious amounts more in total cost for their machines than its hardware/PC equivalent. Why shouldn't they be receiving vastly superior customer service and "high-quality hardware"? After all, they are paying for it.

What I don't like about these surveys is they take (seemingly) no account for the enormously growing population of people who build their own systems. There is absolutely no good advice with respect to which tech brands should you buy to build a system. And it isn't as if the survey was done with readers from People Magazine, where they would have little or no knowledge of computers and their inner workings, it's PCWorld for Pete's sake.
    Could you give us an analysis, item by item, Gb by Gb Ghz by Ghz of a PC compared with a Mac, feature by feature including added free software? Copious amounts? REALLY?? I can't wait for the evaluation.

We do this all the time in our office with the exact same specs and exact same features taking into account software you have to buy for a PC to match what comes free with a Mac and the difference is less than $200. Crappy PC builds bought at a 7/11 don't count btw.

Now I'm totally convinced you're completely delusional. Why are you REALLY here? Troll much today???

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I asked to please keep it clean. This also means starting by calling names and calling someone that will start something.

(Deleted post)

Well you will let the trolls take over your posts and this site, won't you???
    Last edited by Tyronal; 12-01-2010 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    Could you give us an analysis, item by item, Gb by Gb Ghz by Ghz of a PC compared with a Mac, feature by feature including added free software? Copious amounts? REALLY?? I can't wait for the evaluation.

We do this all the time in our office with the exact same specs and exact same features taking into account software you have to buy for a PC to match what comes free with a Mac and the difference is less than $200. Crappy PC builds bought at a 7/11 don't count btw.

Now I'm totally convinced you're completely delusional. Why are you REALLY here? Troll much today???

Well you will let the trolls take over your posts and this site, won't you???
    I paid $1200 for a 17" HP DV7, i7 quadcore, 8GB RAM, a 1GB descrete Nvidia GPU, 500GB Sata Drive, HDMI, TV tuner, including a 3 year no questions asked(including battery) warranty when right next to it sat the MacbookPro that didn't even have the i5 in it for $2499. Then on top of that you would have had to purchase a warranty. How does this make me delusional. All I am saying is that you do not get what you are paying for when it comes to Apple. I am not hating on them. My phone is cool (if I don't hold it the wrong way) and I was impressed by the speed of the iPad that I just bought for my wife last week. You people take this way too seriously.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

I didn't say that "you are holding it wrong" I said the REAL problem is only there in <1% of phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    This made EVERYONE think their phones had this "problem," not just the <1% who actually had a defective phone.

I paid $1200 for a 17" HP DV7, i7 quadcore, 8GB RAM, a 1GB descrete Nvidia GPU, 500GB Sata Drive, HDMI, TV tuner, including a 3 year no questions asked(including battery) warranty when right next to it sat the MacbookPro that didn't even have the i5 in it for $2499. Then on top of that you would have had to purchase a warranty.
    +1 for apple's fail
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 12-01-2010 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    ouch, RIM might not like the results of this
    hahahahahahahaha, love the signaure!
    On a more serious note... IN YOUR EFFING FACE BLACKBERRY LOVERS!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

apples product are maaaggicaal.....cant you see??? hahah jk, but they are kindof the best only because the retina display and facetime and because it can be jailbroken....if the iphone could not be jailbroken I would probably burn it and let it die in the fire. But even having retina disply im really looking forward on getting an android phone next year(like the epic) I dont have an iphone but most of my friends do. and half of those friends are switching to android too. I just took a look at the "MYTOUCH 4G" and it beats the iphone! bigger screen, video calling on "4G", and many other specs. the only thing android phones lack is an appstore thats it. cuz if it had an appstore as big as apple then hands down android is the winner. but also the iphone is just so easy use its hard to pick Android or IPhone? The iphone to me is getting old in UI, imean the android has widgets and face it live wallpapers that do cool things, it looks like its from the future with the cool ui and face it the androids ui to me is kindof cooler and more futuristic than the iphones, the iphones Ui is getting old with that simple screen and boring lockscreen....so to me I would rather have an android rather than a IPhone, you must be thinking im no an apple "person" but your completely wrong im a apple FREAK! and I still choose android over iphone hopefully apple can change their game alittle.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you are reading too much into my posts. I am by no means berating Apple. Facts are facts. It just so happens that I expect a quality product with anything I purchase, but it hasn't been the case with the majority of Apple products I have had. I run Windows, Ubuntu, and OSX on a PC that has never given me issues. You are correct...this is an "Apple" forum on which I will discuss my Apple opinions whether they happen to fit into your Magical Apple Wonder World or not.
    Lol, I don't have a "magical apple wonder world" that would be sweet if one existed! I believe in products that work just like you, I have Windows 7 running on my comp and a Nexus One because I like them. I've never had any major issues with any of my Apple products and that works for me! I've had more issues with Windows and Android then I care to mention including the battery draining quickly and losing bars by griping it on the sides.

The difference is I don't go onto Windows forums or Android forums saying how crappy I think their products are because I understand that that forum is for those products! If I have complaints about a product I go to the company. So I'm not looking too much into your posts, I just don't understand what the point of saying that kind of stuff on here is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

$479 at Best Buy, Dell Insprin.

1.3GHZ Processor, 800Mhz Bus, 2MB Cache, 3GB RAM, Intel GS45 Graphics, 320GB HD. 7.4lbs, thickness not listed.

Entry level Macbook Air

1.4Ghz Processor, 800Mhz Bus, 3MB Cache, 2GB RAM, NVidia GeForce 320M graphics, 64GB HD. 2.3lbs, .7 inch thick.

Other than a larger hardrive (the cheapest and easiest to upgrade) where's this "vastly superior" you speak of?

Is the Dell cheaper? Sure, but it's specs, it's parts, it's portability and the quality of the parts used are all inferior to the Air.

Not to mention with the Air you're paying an additional premium for the weight and size. A more fair comparison would be to a $999 Macbook

Which would deliver

2.4Ghz processor, 1055Mhz Bus, 3MB cache, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 320M Graphics, 250GB HD and weighing just 4.7lbs.

You're entirely entitled to your "opinion" but your facts could use a bit of work.
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 12-01-2010 at 08:34 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LOL at the idiotic anecdotal evidence morons in this thread. "Waaa my MBP motherboard fried" "Waa, Apple products are too expensive" Waaa, waaa, I can build a $50 laptop by torrenting promo codes for Newegg and faking barcodes for mail in rebates and have a much more powerfull laptop" "Millions and Millions of people have all drank the koolaid, my MotoHTCRIMOkia has a tonne more features like it even takes CDs and DVDs"

Oh shut up. This was done by PC Magazine not TUAW or MACnn, so throw that bias ******** out the window. Also throw the anecdotal nonsense out too, nobody cares nor does it mean anything. The fact is of 79,000 people surveyed (not an insignificant number) Apple smoked the competition in reliability and satisfaction. So the small percent of wankers in here complaining obviously dont represent the true picture.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yup no doubt iphone are way easy to use thats the reason all kids have it nowdays android for high tech pplz average person cant really understand it unless u play with it for few weeks

iphone + kids = scores

android + High tech pplz= double score

lolzz

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post

everybody knows that Mac stats suck compared to pcs. And custom builds beat them even more so. Take mine for example. I built it a year ago, I have a quad core 2.88 ghz processor overclocked to a stable 3.4 ghz, 8gb DDR2 ram, Nvidia 1gb DDR5 graphics card, 750w power supply, an Antec case that runs at 38 degrees, and a WD seagate 1tb harddrive. All this cost me just under $700. Add in Bose speakers, a 22" samsung monitor, and logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, I'm at $1000. Now show me any Mac that compares to that. Anything even remotely close. Don't worry... I'll wait. And before you start hurling insults, know that I wrote this all from my iPhone. Apple is great at making phones, great at overcharging for everything else, and great at making everyone believe that they are the greatest at everything. Are macs nice computers? Absolutely. Are macs worth paying double the amount of any other comparable computer? Nope.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 12-01-2010 at 09:59 AM.