Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple "Smoked the Competition" in Quality, Reliability

They missed because the phone went missing not entirely apples fault lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-30-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    They missed because the phone went missing not entirely apples fault lol
    This made me laugh. That is how Apple rolls now.

Banned
    Thanks

I bet this survey was done by Apple.
    Where is the "lack of features" as the iPhone will come first in that too.
    Where is the "lack of support"
    Where is the "lack of connectivity"

There are 3 things that come to mind that the iPhone will also come first at.

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Ya having to wrap my phone in a case just to call is really great piece of quality right there, and with Apple saying "your holding it wrong" for an excuse for their flaw is a great form of reliability right there. Please just crawl back into your rock.
    Riiight. okay so what phone can mutltitask without draining the battery or the cpu's bandwith. what phone can receive two different types of notifications also without draining the battery. what phone syncs seamlesly with a mac and a pc without almost no issues. what phone has the most pleasent and easy to use looking interface. uhhhmmm yeah, id say paying an extra 20-30 bucks for a case is worth getting a phone that actually works under all levels.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
    Riiight. okay so what phone can mutltitask without draining the battery or the cpu's bandwith. what phone can receive two different types of notifications also without draining the battery. what phone syncs seamlesly with a mac and a pc without almost no issues. what phone has the most pleasent and easy to use looking interface. uhhhmmm yeah, id say paying an extra 20-30 bucks for a case is worth getting a phone that actually works under all levels.
    Multitasking on any phone drains your battery.
    The EVO.
    The iPhone's stock GUI is sad. I theme it through Winterboard.
    The battery is the iPhone's second biggest flaw.
    iTunes on a P.C. runs poorly.
    You keep on living up to Apple's standards though. They wouldn't be where they are without people like you.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't know if anybody brought this up..............

But can someone explain to me how "ease of use" has anything to do with "quality and reliability" of a product?

If hypothetically I bought a phone that could get run over by a tractor without so much as a dent or scratch and had glass that was scratch-proof even against a power drill, but it took a week to learn how to master the operating system and navigation............I would say that the phone is not easy to use, but it IS reliable and has quality.

So WTF does "ease of use" have to do with any measure of quality and reliability?

This phone is not reliable. It is not reliable because the NETWORK is not reliable (as pointed out in the service provider portion of this survey). AT&T has the least happy customers in terms of network reliability. This phone is not reliable because the iOS updates are continuously more buggy than the previous version with minimal added features. This phone is not reliable because the second you drop it...GAME OVER. This phone is not reliable because you basically have to use a case to prevent a significant signal drop/loss while holding it in a natural position. This phone is not reliable because the company that manufactures it is not reliable and refuses to acknowledge its mistakes and defective hardware installed on the phone and refused to properly correct the defect.

The quality is there. It is crafted very nicely and there are obviously several features that enhance the quality of this phone. But quality and reliability do not always go hand in hand. The iPhone 4 is a perfect example. Good quality....sh!tty reliability!
    Last edited by RICO_; 11-30-2010 at 09:32 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-30-2010), samurai_vara (12-01-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I don't know if anybody brought this up..............

But can someone explain to me how "ease of use" has anything to do with "quality and reliability" of a product?

If hypothetically I bought a phone that could get run over by a tractor without so much as a dent or scratch and had glass that was scratch-proof even against a power drill, but it took a week to learn how to master the operating system and navigation............I would say that the phone is not easy to use, but it IS reliable and has quality.

So WTF does "ease of use" have to do with any measure of quality and reliability?
    Consumers want a device that they know how to use straight out of the box. When something is easy it make it reliable. Not to many problems when stock icons always work.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Ya having to wrap my phone in a case just to call is really great piece of quality right there, and with Apple saying "your holding it wrong" for an excuse for their flaw is a great form of reliability right there. Please just crawl back into your rock.
    Wow, you must be a pissed off iPhone 4 user or not. Anyways, mine is great. Better than other phone I have used. I would tell you to go crawl back into your own rock but then you would be pissed off by that rock too.

RIM is worse than Microsoft. Every time they try to make something as good as an apple product, they fail miserably;
    microsoft kin

Microsoft tablet... Never even released

Blackberry app store

Blackberry playbook(trust me... It will fail)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suade8880 View Post
    Wow, you must be a pissed off iPhone 4 user or not. Anyways, mine is great. Better than other phone I have used. I would tell you to go crawl back into your own rock but then you would be pissed off by that rock too.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Consumers want a device that they know how to use straight out of the box. When something is easy it make it reliable. Not to many problems when stock icons always work.
    I'm sorry but that makes absolutely ZERO sense to me. If something were difficult to use and master, but worked every single time you used it....it would also be reliable. It may not be easy to use....but it works every time....therefore it is reliable.

Simplicity and reliability don't have to go hand-in-hand.

If BMW made a car that was revolutionary in its engine and body design and virtually indestructible and could go far longer in between maintenance intervals, but had 1000 creature features and an owners manual the size of a dictionary.......I would say that it is not easy to use....but sure is reliable.

On the flip side if Apple's iOS and icons had repeated problems and were always crashing and pixels were going out on the screen and it was unresponsive.....does that still make it reliable just because the concept of the Apple iOS is easy to use and navigate through? If the stock icons always work, that would make the phone easy to use....but that doesn't necessarily make the entire phone itself "reliable". Just one aspect of it is reliable and easy to use. But it's not so reliable when it comes to all the other problems being reported about this phone with its hardware antenna design and the fact that the operating system itself has been giving numerous people problems time and time again.
    Last edited by RICO_; 11-30-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Apple made a mistake. All phones lose bars when you hold them wrong. Apple messed up and showed less bars than there actually were. This made EVERYONE think their phones had this "problem," not just the <1% who actually had a defective phone.
    When I hold my friend's iPhone 4... With no case... As tight as I can... lose no bars.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Apple made a mistake. All phones lose bars when you hold them wrong. Apple messed up and showed less bars than there actually were. This made EVERYONE think their phones had this "problem," not just the <1% who actually had a defective phone.
    When I hold my friend's iPhone 4... With no case... As tight as I can... lose no bars.
    Stick your thumb on that black strip in the lower left corner and HOLD IT THERE for about 20 seconds or so and see if it still doesn't do it. I've gotten every single iPhone 4 at 3 different Apple stores to replicate the antenna problem just by placing my thumb on that gap. I don't even have to squeeze the phone. All I have to do is put my thumb on the gap and wait.

If you could make a video of you doing that and show that the signal still does not drop then I will be satisfied that the problem does not affect all iPhone 4s. Until then I am certain that it is a hardware flaw that affects every unit that has the outer band exposed.
    Last edited by RICO_; 11-30-2010 at 10:02 PM.

I'm sorry but that makes absolutely ZERO sense to me. If something were difficult to use and master, but worked every single time you used it....it would also be reliable. It may not be easy to use....but it works every time....therefore it is reliable.

Simplicity and reliability don't have to go hand-in-hand.

If BMW made a car that was revolutionary in its engine and body design and virtually indestructible and could go far longer in between maintenance intervals, but had 1000 creature features and an owners manual the size of a dictionary.......I would say that it is not easy to use....but sure is reliable.

On the flip side if Apple's iOS and icons had repeated problems and were always crashing and pixels were going out on the screen and it was unresponsive.....does that still make it reliable just because the concept of the Apple iOS is easy to use and navigate through?
    But it wouldn't be easy to navigate and use if that happened....

As for the BMW example, it wouldn't be reliable... the chance that any one of those features would have JUST ONE PROBLEM increases exponentially with every added feature.

To make it easy to use it has to be reliable.

Stick your thumb on that black strip in the lower left corner and HOLD IT THERE for about 20 seconds or so and see if it still doesn't do it. I've gotten every single iPhone 4 at 3 different Apple stores to replicate the antenna problem just by placing my thumb on that gap. I don't even have to squeeze the phone. All I have to do is put my thumb on the gap and wait.
    I did that first for about a minute, then gripped it tightly.
    At the apple store, they give you someone else's "refurbished" phone, which was probably turned in by someone with the same problem- lol.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 11-30-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    To make it easy to use it has to be reliable.
    A tricycle is easy to use. But it wouldn't be very reliable if it had wooden wheels would it?

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4
    I did that first for about a minute, then gripped it tightly.

At the apple store, they give you someone else's "refurbished" phone, which was probably turned in by someone with the same problem- lol.
    I was replicating the problem on their display units.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

It always changes guys... The last decade belonged to Microsoft, it's looking like this decade will belong to Apple...who's next? Microsoft reemergence?..Google? Nokia (hahaha) Only time will tell! Just enjoy the great sh@t we r enjoying, and will continue to enjoy. In my younger days I had allegiance to only Microsoft...hated Apple...seems like the two have switched rolls.
    El Zurdo

Quote Originally Posted by matinm90 View Post
    What phone turns to an iPod with a simple touch, yep iPhone is the best quality. I have an iPhone 4 and am happy with it but for gods sake quit riding Apples d**k...

I don't like to dis Apple computers. I've never owned one and likely never will. Given that, I don't have much input. (I do, however, enjoy my iPhones). People who own Apples/Macs seem to enjoy them, so to me that says a lot about the product.

All that being said, those people are paying copious amounts more in total cost for their machines than its hardware/PC equivalent. Why shouldn't they be receiving vastly superior customer service and "high-quality hardware"? After all, they are paying for it.

What I don't like about these surveys is they take (seemingly) no account for the enormously growing population of people who build their own systems. There is absolutely no good advice with respect to which tech brands should you buy to build a system. And it isn't as if the survey was done with readers from People Magazine, where they would have little or no knowledge of computers and their inner workings, it's PCWorld for Pete's sake.

But Apple can even make flaws look good! 

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    It always changes guys... The last decade belonged to Microsoft, it's looking like this decade will belong to Apple...who's next? Microsoft reemergence?..Google? Nokia (hahaha) Only time will tell! Just enjoy the great sh@t we r enjoying, and will continue to enjoy. In my younger days I had allegiance to only Microsoft...hated Apple...seems like the two have switched rolls.
    It is still Microsoft's world. I always thought it was odd that Apple didn't have their computers out in the public's face until a year or so ago. They only have a handful of Apple stores so it is nice being able to walk into a local store and check their stuff out. They shouldn't have waited so long. Nokia? Sells the most phones globally. No one can touch them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast