Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 259

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: BTW - This New Cydia is FAST and Awesome

  1. #201
    It is a lot faster when loading...would be stoked if it had some sweet ui changes in the final release...

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post
    thanks bro! putting this repo is much faster and safer than ssh'ing the .deb file! so painless for sure! woohoo! for a faster Cydia! now i just want an updated Activator!
    Safer? I'm not sure about that.

  3. #203
    iPhone Underground A3gOwner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    1,172
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 117 Times in 110 Posts

    Don't try this on the 3.x.x it's for 4.x n it let's you know it. Everytime u try to install/remove a package it wants to remove cydia cause the firmware not >=4.0. I also just read ultrasn0w ready for all 3g n 3gs models on bb 5.15 or 4.2.1. It's not released yet but will be in near future. Can't wait.

  4. #204
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Don't try this on the 3.x.x it's for 4.x n it let's you know it. Everytime u try to install/remove a package it wants to remove cydia cause the firmware not >=4.0. I also just read ultrasn0w ready for all 3g n 3gs models on bb 5.15 or 4.2.1. It's not released yet but will be in near future. Can't wait.
    It's already out.


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  5. #205
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 22 Times in 18 Posts

    I just installed this new cydia on my friends ip4 4.1 and the scrolling through changes tab, installed packages and sources is now much slower and not responsive as before, and this was the very first thing I've noticed... I have two ip4s with 4.1 in front of me and my one with an old cydia scrolls much faster. So the only bonus having new cydia is that it's loading changes faster. What's up with that? Or is there something wrong with his ip4??

  6. #206
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    iFile didn't want to install, I just used Terminal to do the dirty work of installing Cydia, worked like a charm.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by mauC View Post
    Does anyone have the solution to this? It is quite frustrating that I downgraded cydia as you guys said but still have yet to come up with a solution. Some help please?
    I am having this exact same issue, scroll down installed packages and once i get to I it crashes, does anyone have a solution?

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    SSH into your phone, go to var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall (if you don't have the Cydia folder or AutoIntall folder create them, they're name is case sensitive). Drop the .deb file into AutoInstall, reboot phone.
    Thanks! Had that superuser issue with iFile, but this worked a charm. Love the new Cydia.

  9. #209
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    just grabbed a friends iphone and found out why cydia wont update for some people...i compared 4 phones to this theory and came up with this: if u have certain repos not allowed to be mentioned here, or sources that dont work and give error, it will not give u the update...upon deleted said sources the update will pop up automatically

  10. #210
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    47,417
    Thanks
    7,371
    Thanked 16,264 Times in 7,405 Posts

    Lol, i wonder if chpwn put that into new cydia on purpose to stick it to pirates.

  11. #211
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,698
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    Lol maybe lol

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by mauC View Post
    Does anyone have the solution to this? It is quite frustrating that I downgraded cydia as you guys said but still have yet to come up with a solution. Some help please?
    I am having the same issues. You slowly scroll a bit in Packages and it eventually crashes Cydia.

    I reinstalled cydia thru iphoneroot source and it did the same thing. It loads a bit faster but now crashes in Packages-what's the point?! Hahaha.

    Please-if anyone knows a solution, please let us know!!

    Thanks in advance.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Anyone else having the problem with Cydia wanting to remove itself?
    iPad3G iOS 3.2.2

    Yes, it worked fine for like a day, but now it seems to want to remove it self...anyways i ended up restoring and going back to old cydia on ios 3.2.2

  14. #214
    The secret here is that Cydia is doing things on SpringBoard startup.
    Since it was installed, after respring the device, it comes up and the whole thing locks up from 3 to 5 seconds and then comes back live again

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    SSH into your phone, go to var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall (if you don't have the Cydia folder or AutoIntall folder create them, they're name is case sensitive). Drop the .deb file into AutoInstall, reboot phone.
    Thanks alot!!! It worked and it was easy to do!!! and cydia is a lot faster now

  16. #216
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,288
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 150 Times in 128 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerrob85 View Post
    Thanks alot!!! It worked and it was easy to do!!! and cydia is a lot faster now
    Glad to hear it!

  17. #217
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Kaospassageraren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm Sweden
    Posts
    703
    Thanks
    723
    Thanked 527 Times in 280 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by java4iphone View Post
    installing deb files manually is a pain.
    you can update Cydia by adding the following repo: http://iphoneroot.com/repo/

    BTW: it requires iOS 4.x, might work on 3.2.2, but I don;t want to try. Just update iPad to 4.1.2 it is worth it anyway.
    That repo worked great!!im using iphone 4 4.1.. Its nice with a fast cydia
    My Twitter....powderfinger76

  18. #218
    iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    just grabbed a friends iphone and found out why cydia wont update for some people...i compared 4 phones to this theory and came up with this: if u have certain repos not allowed to be mentioned here, or sources that dont work and give error, it will not give u the update...upon deleted said sources the update will pop up automatically
    Nice thought but no.I had a few of these not-to-be-named sources.After being burned a few times I use these repos to try out the apps that I'm not completely sold on.But anyway,I upgraded Cydia and all my packages and sources and even some bad repos that I used to get error messages with corrected themselves and my Cydia is very quick and snappy.Just my experience(3GS/4.1)
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

  19. #219
    does it work on the ipad running 3.1.2(not sure if its that or 3.2.1)

  20. #220
    Is anyone having problems looking at screenshots? I try to swipe right and left to look at more shots, but it seems to get stuck and it's not very smooth.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •