+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rejects Android-centric App for the App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Danish firm Mediaprovider has announced that its new app - a digital magazine presentation of all things Android - has been rejected for inclusion in the App Store by the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Rejects Android-centric App for the App Store

Danish firm Mediaprovider has announced that its new app - a digital magazine presentation of all things Android - has been rejected for inclusion in the App Store by the people at Apple. It's a peculiar development, especially since Apple hasn't enforced a blanket policy effectively banishing all competing brands, operating systems, and smartphone makers from acknowledgment in the App Store. For example, "Androidworld Reader" - an Android news application - has been available since April of this year.

Incredibly, however, Brian Dixen of Mediaprovider says his rejected app - Android Magasinet - was shot down primarily because it focuses exclusively on Android content. In the past, Dixen hasn't encountered any barricade to the App Store, especially with his other approved creations - like iPhone Magasinet, which similarly deals with news and content exclusively about the iPhone. Understandably, Dixen appears to feel that Apple is being overtly hypocritical yet again in deciding which apps make the cut and which don't.

"It's funny really because I don't think we would sell many magazines on Android through Apple App Store, but the question is where this is going," says Dixen, who didn't reveal the specifics of his Apple rejection letter, but evaluates the decision to be one made in light of the app's exclusive focus on one of Apple's biggest competitors.

Media Watch

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sure McDonalds wound't let KFC or ANYONE for that matter advertise KFC material in a McDonalds store so why is this any different.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

well DUH!

Thanks

Burn.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    I'm sure McDonalds wound't let KFC or ANYONE for that matter advertise KFC material in a McDonalds store so why is this any different.
    What he said.
    I don't get it why Brian Dixen is whining?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

That example was irrelevant on every level, mcdonalds also doesn't let customers make burgers and such at home an attempt to sell said burgers at their restaurants either. In my understanding, the decision on apples part is not suppressing advertisement, it's rejecting any alternative idea. . . The situation in and of itself may not be considered severe, but if one looks at what can be extrapolated, one will see that it opens the door for apple to . . . For example- accept apps that promote republican Candidates But reject democrats perhaps because republicans are more friendly to big business while dems are traditionally more economically friendly to the "common man" in the middle class. If you see things from this perspective, their "ruling" on the above mentioned app carries a much more grave implication

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

He actually thought he could get the app into the store...lol! Moron...

Thanks

This would be like Amazon not allowing 'how to use an iPad' book to be used on a Kindle.
    A search of the Amazon 'Kindle Store' find 962 titles relating to 'iPad'.

Lighten up, Apple.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to quidam_brujah For This Useful Post:

MaxRabbit (11-30-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

really apple, really? its a just an app about android, and if you were that confident about your OS and not consider android as a threat you would allow it in the appstore

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess that streak of not being rejected by Apple affected his common sense

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGrandFinale2001 For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (11-29-2010)

UiK
    Thanks

Let's remember Apple don't care about what their customers want.

Thanks

This is a competition, so this shouldn't be a surprise. Who's gonna read about a droid on there idevice? Thats like Toyota putting Honda material in there cars.

Thanks

The AppStore is a private business....what the hell does he expect?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 843 Posts

I think it's kinda odd that Apple didn't approve this either. Right now, I'm replying from the MMI app which is almost exclusively related to jailbreaking.....! Apples weird...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2006yamahaR6 View Post
    That example was irrelevant on every level, mcdonalds also doesn't let customers make burgers and such at home an attempt to sell said burgers at their restaurants either. In my understanding, the decision on apples part is not suppressing advertisement, it's rejecting any alternative idea. . . The situation in and of itself may not be considered severe, but if one looks at what can be extrapolated, one will see that it opens the door for apple to . . . For example- accept apps that promote republican Candidates But reject democrats perhaps because republicans are more friendly to big business while dems are traditionally more economically friendly to the "common man" in the middle class. If you see things from this perspective, their "ruling" on the above mentioned app carries a much more grave implication
    Actually they're doing the exact opposite on their "Featured" page. Every two or three weeks they put up like three apps supporting the Democratic party and they never, ever have had a Republican based app featured. I see your point though, just saying the logic behind your D v. R getting supported by Apple is apparently completely off from reality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I think it's kinda odd that Apple didn't approve this either. Right now, I'm replying from the MMI app which is almost exclusively related to jailbreaking.....! Apples weird...
    I was thinking that as well. People are saying, "common sense, common sense" but, are we retarded for trying to get the modmyi app through to the App store. Even though Apple doesn't like us jailbreaking their devices.

Seems a little monopolistic to be honest.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

Banned
    Thanks

Things like this are EXACTLY why Apple should NOT be the sole source of apps for iOS devices.

Thanks

lol why would he even try...

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    This would be like Amazon not allowing 'how to use an iPad' book to be used on a Kindle.
    A search of the Amazon 'Kindle Store' find 962 titles relating to 'iPad'.

Lighten up, Apple.
    This sounds more relevant, but iw old say if he wants to waste his time trying to get someone with an apple device to buy a subscription to an android mag then let him be
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

I get your point, but ever since Apple publicly released a set of rules for inclusion in the app store, they are expected to give a reason for rejection that is in those rules. It's no different than whining that google voice got kicked a while back. BUT don't get me wrong I'm NOT defending Android (I kind of hate it) I'm just saying that if a rule applies to one, it ought to apply to ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Really good point! never thought of that, and it is really weird that Apple allowed a forum that has a crapload of stuff about JB on it.
    Last edited by coolguy742; 11-29-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost