+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rejects Android-centric App for the App Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
With moves like this, Apple loses all credibility as a publisher. It's exactly for this reason that iBooks will NEVER replace Amazon as leader in the ebook market. Nobody is
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

With moves like this, Apple loses all credibility as a publisher. It's exactly for this reason that iBooks will NEVER replace Amazon as leader in the ebook market. Nobody is going to accept to use a publisher that does not objectively examine the content of potential publications, but rather subjectively evaluates them with regards to its stakes in markets completely unrelated to publishing.

It would be like Amazon refusing to sell ebooks that discuss e-readers other than the Kindle; they'd lose credibility overnight. Thankfully, Amazon has the sense to see that when you run a publishing business, you should keep that side of your business entirely separate from the rest.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The McDonald's/KFC is not a good analogy for app store because they sell 300K apps from *many* different vendors.. more like grocery store, or walmart who chooses not to allow the sale of brand x. Bad business

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

im sure he didnt get rejected just because it was android love to hear apples response

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If you keep the masses ignorant you can lead them around like sheep.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

There have been some good points made. But honestly, I think Apple sees Android as a bigger threat then jailbreaking. At least with jailbreaking you're still using Apple products.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Would it not have been smarter on Apple's part to have avoided this negative press by simply delaying the release of the app to the app store and privately converse with the developer and ask them if they allow one to two ads in their app they would allow the app to the store? The old saying is true, if you can't beat them, join them.

I hate to say it but denying an app strictly because it competes with a product of yours is poor business. Competition is very healthy in business.

Thanks

This is silly. I think the analogy about mcdonalds & kfc is spot on. An ap that features news solely about a competing platform has no business in the app store. Why would you want to read about the greatness of android FROM your iPhone or iPad? Really people. What sense does that make?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    This is silly. I think the analogy about mcdonalds & kfc is spot on. An ap that features news solely about a competing platform has no business in the app store. Why would you want to read about the greatness of android FROM your iPhone or iPad? Really people. What sense does that make?
    No, the kfc and mcdonalds analogy is not spot on.

The Appstore is more like a "grocery" store like a previous poster said to me. What if a grocery store banned a food item because the owner simply didn't like it? And it was a large seller that had the power to make the food's company crumble. (Yes, this does happen. Remember Rubbermaid?)

Those who would read about android updates on their iPhone, well I would be one of those people. I like to read what is the latest and greatest, if Android had a new release that was pretty cool, I would want to read about it.
    However, not just people like me. But, cross-platform developers would too most likely.

There are uses to the app. People just fail to realize it because they sit in the stubborn "iPhone is awesome, android is ***" thought.
    Community manager of TheRaged, Inc.

Go ahead and follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zachthecat

Green Apple
    Thanks
    sissies!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12