+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w 1.2 Out - Unlocks "Stuck" iPhone 3G/3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So let me get this straight.. I'm using iphone 3G iOs 4.1 with baseband 05.14.02. Does this mean that i have to upgrade to 06.15 in order to unlock my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default confuse
    So let me get this straight.. I'm using iphone 3G iOs 4.1 with baseband 05.14.02. Does this mean that i have to upgrade to 06.15 in order to unlock my iphone?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,081 Times in 6,936 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nacatus51 View Post
    So let me get this straight.. I'm using iphone 3G iOs 4.1 with baseband 05.14.02. Does this mean that i have to upgrade to 06.15 in order to unlock my iphone?
    For now, yes, this is the only way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

nacatus51 (11-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    For now, yes, this is the only way.
    Ok.. one more thing... i have to upgrade to 4.2.1? coz when i click on Yes to upgrade my baseband and select my firmware, it says "wrong firmware bundle".

Oh i'm using the latest pwnagetool btw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    finally it works with me .. i want to thank everyone answers my questions and replays me ...
    and i am ready to help any one with what ever i can

the steps are very easy and simple

1- download ultrasn0w
    2- download the firware 4.2.1
    3- open itune and restore the 4.2.1 firmware u downloaded
    4- open ultrasn0w and hit browse and choose the same firmware 4.2.1 u restored in the step 3.
    5-hit next next choose the install cydia and install ipad baseband remove what ever else.. follow the steps that ultrasn0w provide like dfu mode...
    6- wait ... it will take some times like 5 up to 10 minutes or maybe more depends on ur internet speed
    7- open ur device and open cydia then go to manage and sources then hit edit and add and type repo666.ultrasn0w.com then after add the source go back to sources and open the repo u will find ultrasn0w there install it or u can also use search to find it
    8- enjoy the unlocked iphone .

Greets NaWaR
    Big Thanks to modmyi.com Dev-Team Saurik and everyone giving help to ppl

OMG sorry dudes i ment to say :

1- download redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5

4- open redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5

5-hit next next choose the install cydia and install ipad baseband remove what ever else.. follow the steps that redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5 provide like dfu mode...
    Last edited by nawarekko; 11-30-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nawarekko For This Useful Post:

nacatus51 (12-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nacatus51 View Post
    Ok.. one more thing... i have to upgrade to 4.2.1? coz when i click on Yes to upgrade my baseband and select my firmware, it says "wrong firmware bundle".

Oh i'm using the latest pwnagetool btw.
    After you select the iphone 3g ipsw and then say yes to the update baseband you need to point pwnage to the ipad 3.2.2 firmware.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple could truly screw everyone if they decide not to update the stock baseband on these (3G/3GS) phones past 6.15. In order to perma-void everyone's warranty they could just stick to 5.XX forever. This would also essentially make the phone unsellable because you would never be able to restore back to stock.

Very risky business
    I upgraded my 3Gs to 4.1 (was on 4.02 and old bb but could not jailbreak) and the new bb. Had I known that the new ultras0w requires to update to 6.15 I would have stayed on 4.02 and waited for an upgrade to 4.1 that preserves the old bb, like with my iPhone 4.

This is "very risky business" indeed!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone help Pls!!!

I've read thru all posts here all day n still cant find any solutions(eyes all groggy)I 've a 3Gs with old bootrom JB with blackrain on 3.1 ,BB 5.11.xxxx
    Today i updated cydia thru iFile n WinSCP since i cant do it thru d cydia app coz it need firmware 4.0 n im on 3.1.
    After d install all was ok until i tried to respring it , it got stuck on d apple logo rebooting screen.I tried connect to itune , now it dose'nt show my iphone.But i could WinSCP to my phone still , but dare not do anything on it
    What should i do ??
    pls help if anyone got any solution

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Moved
    Last edited by muttenhed; 11-30-2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: moving

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have baseband 05.13.04 on a 3G firmware 4.1. What do I need to do to unlock? I see all this stuff for higher basebands, but I don't see anything for people like me who were careful to preserve their baseband for this update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjr3211 View Post
    I am courious dose mms work when you upgrade to 4.2.1 and update your baseband to 6.15.
    i cant get my mms to work either, i need help too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottspaz View Post
    I have baseband 05.13.04 on a 3G firmware 4.1. What do I need to do to unlock? I see all this stuff for higher basebands, but I don't see anything for people like me who were careful to preserve their baseband for this update.
    Install ultrasn0w

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

1 of my friend got iphone4 with ios 4.1 with baseband 1.59 and unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.1.1. yesterday he updated ultrasn0w to 1.2 and now he got no service. will uninstalling 1.2 and reinstalling 1.1.1 solve his prob? cheers

Thanks

Has he tried rebooting the phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can Somone help?

It just stays on waiting for reboot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I haven't had any successful attempt. Anyone can check whether i'm doing it right or not?

1) I press option+click on restore and chose 4.2.1 firmware
    2) Jail break using Pwnage tool 4.1.3
    3) I click NO to update baseband
    4) Build 4.2.1 custom firmware
    5) I tick on everything that i am suppose to except that i can't tick on "upgrade baseband".
    6) DFU mode.. etc etc.. done..
    7) Open itunes 10.1 and press option+click restore and chose my custom firmware.
    8) open pwnage tool again and this time click on YES onto update baseband.
    9) select custom firware... it says "wrong firmware bundle". same thing happen when i click on the firmware that i have downloaded.

are my steps correct? any video tutorial for pwnagetool?

or...i'm suppose to install ipad firmware instead of iphone 3G firmware? am i correct?
    Last edited by nacatus51; 12-01-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

guys.. could any1 help me out please....

i just unlocked an iphone 3g with 4.1 by upgrading baseband to 6.15. and the owner asked me to erase all the contents and so i did it from general and reset option. now the phone is stuck at apple logo. i tried to restore stock 4.1 but it returned error (14). what can i do now?? cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nyrajputz View Post
    i have a iPhone 3G with 4.1 fw. Limerain jb. is this the safest way to unlock my phone?
    Yes you can, i did this with my iPhone 3GS and then unlocked it with redsn0w iPad BB but do think about it before you do it there is no going back, after i did it i do kinda wish i waited now.

Quote Originally Posted by nawarekko View Post
    Awesome .. now i am stuck on this window . as shown in the screen fetching ipad baseband .. for more than one hour now

help
    i know the apple server where the iPad BB s the one you need to unlock was getting slammed, so just give it a little bit! it should work, if not it means that apple removed it already, i know musclenerd was on about apple taking it down!

Quote Originally Posted by NYC718 View Post
    Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS which is already jailbroken on iOS 4.1 bb 05.15.04 and was wondering if I would be able to use redsn0w 0.9.6 b5 to just update my baseband only or do I have to restore it and re-jailbreak?
    Yes you can when you start redsn0w have it update the BB to the iPad BB

Quote Originally Posted by locobans View Post
    Can anyone here confirm if they are going to try to unlock baseband 05.14.xx or this is it as far as unlocking?
    by the sounds of it they wont be coming out with a unlock for it, but then again i could be wrong.
    Last edited by hoodies; 12-01-2010 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [Follow me@twitter]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here's what I did on my iPhone 3G 4.1 baseband 5.14.02:

1) Used redsnow to jailbreak and update to iPad baseband 06.15
    2) Installed ultrasnow to unlock

Worked perfectly, I had a signal and everything, but made the stupid mistake to update using iTunes to 4.2

Now I get "Connect to iTunes" logo screen and can't restore as the baseband it's not correct anymore.

What can i do? Is it officially bricked?

Can anyone help me with a custom IPSW 4.1 3G as I don't have a Mac pleaaseeeeeee ((

Thanks

Try kicking out of recovery with tiny umbrella. If that doesnt work then restore back to 4.1. When you get 1015 error kick out of recovery with tiny umbrella.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used again redsnow with the update baseband option checked using firmware 4.2 ... and it worked!

The strange thing is that I am still on 4.1

Any idea how can I update to 4.2?