Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w 1.2 Out - Unlocks "Stuck" iPhone 3G/3GS

now i am really confused !!
    i can't understand !!
    OMG /// ... dude i have iphone 3g on ios 3.1.2 but bb 05.14
    so what to do now step by step ?

do i have to update the fmware to 4.2.1 ?
    or i can simply restore to 4.1 and jailbreak then unlock ?

2nd question ?: how do i unlock it ? i tried the new ultrasn0w and it seems it's not working ! i dunno why ! i mean i tried it on my 3g ios 3.2.1 !
    so can u please clear the ideas for me ? thanks

and can you please also add the links to direct download to the snowbreeze and ultrasn0w!? and what ever tool we may need ? thanks
    Last edited by nawarekko; 11-29-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nawarekko View Post
    i can't understand !!

2nd question ?: how do i unlock it ? i tried the new ultrasn0w and it seems it's not working ! i dunno why ! i mean i tried it on my 3g ios 3.2.1 !

and can you please also add the links to direct download to the snowbreeze and ultrasn0w!? and what ever tool we may need ? thanks
    Follow this guide: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Fallguy (11-29-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by firedog341 View Post

No, redsnow only works on what FW is currently on your phone. In order to go to 4.2.1, you have to have 4.2.1 on your phone already. You need a custom FW to update to 4.2.1 and preserve your BB. Windows, snowbreeze = 4.1 & OSX, pwnage = 4.2.1 for now. There might be a pwnage for windows release to go up to 4.2.1
    So I can only preserve my BB 5.13.04 if I use pwnage to go to 4.2.1? Snowbreeze will not allow me to go to 4.2.1 with 5.13.04?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nawarekko View Post
    i can't understand !!

Your BB 5.14 is not currently unlockable. You or someone probably update the FW to stock 4.1 and then tried to downgrade it because the BB couldn't be unlocked. Trouble is, BB doesn't downgrade.

So, you have 2 choices. Upgrade to stock 4.1 because your BB is already stock and then follow the Dev team instructions for Redsnow using the 6.15 BB upgrade. Or upgrade to stock 4.2.1 and then follow Dev team instructions for Redsnow using the 6.15 BB upgrade.

Either way, the only "current" unlock for your BB is the 6.15 upgrade no matter what FW you run.

Quote Originally Posted by pritesh23 View Post
    So I can only preserve my BB 5.13.04 if I use pwnage to go to 4.2.1? Snowbreeze will not allow me to go to 4.2.1 with 5.13.04?
    You got it. Current release of Snowbreeze is for 4.1. Current Pwnage for OSX is 4.2.1. Both for Windows might be released in the future for 4.2.1
    Last edited by firedog341; 11-29-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 Running 6.1.2 on TMo
    iPad WiFi 64GB
    MacBook Pro

6. The Following User Says Thank You to firedog341 For This Useful Post:

pritesh23 (11-29-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple could truly screw everyone if they decide not to update the stock baseband on these (3G/3GS) phones past 6.15. In order to perma-void everyone's warranty they could just stick to 5.XX forever. This would also essentially make the phone unsellable because you would never be able to restore back to stock.

Very risky business

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (11-30-2010)

This is off topic. But i have an iphone 4 firmware 4.1. It is jailbroken with limera1n and unlocked with ultrasn0w on baseband 1.59.00. My facetime doesn't work and i have tried everything i can think to get it back. Any suggestions? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

I know im not the only one confused about the BB. where does 6.xx come from?

Im on a 3G, did an official upgrade to 4.2.1 and im still on 5.14 BB, then a day later did a restore to scratch on official 4.2.1 and Im still on 5.14 BB
    yesterday ran redsnow jailbreak and all is good,
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

Ive sucessfully unlocked my phone... Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbeats View Post
    I know im not the only one confused about the BB. where does 6.xx come from?

Im on a 3G, did an official upgrade to 4.2.1 and im still on 5.14 BB, then a day later did a restore to scratch on official 4.2.1 and Im still on 5.14 BB
    yesterday ran redsnow jailbreak and all is good,
    It came from the iPad 3G baseband from 3.2.2 firmware.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Flatbeats (11-29-2010)

3gs old bootroom jb with limerain on 4.1. Used the new redsnow to update BB only to unlock. BB was successfully updated to 06.15.00. Installed ultrasnow and no service.

I would recommend waiting for a few days to get the kinks out.

I hope they release an unlock for the iPhone 4 soon.

Awesome .. now i am stuck on this window . as shown in the screen fetching ipad baseband .. for more than one hour now

help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -eeeeeeeeeeerrorr.jpg  

Thanks

Stop the process and try again. The downloading of the ipad baseband may have stalled.

I have a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3g running 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01.
    I would like to upgrade to 4.2/4.2.1 and keep my jailbreak, unlock and baseband. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple could truly screw everyone if they decide not to update the stock baseband on these (3G/3GS) phones past 6.15. In order to perma-void everyone's warranty they could just stick to 5.XX forever. This would also essentially make the phone unsellable because you would never be able to restore back to stock.

Very risky business
    I bet their close to not updating it anymore anyways. I would only do this unlock if you have to. If you can stay on a lower firmware with older ultrasn0w, do it.

Hello,

Thanks for the information... I'm wondering if these guys are actually going to keep trying to work in order to unlock BB 05.14.... I'm willing to wait if that's the case

Thanks,

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adrockn View Post
    I have a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3g running 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01.
    I would like to upgrade to 4.2/4.2.1 and keep my jailbreak, unlock and baseband. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
    go to the dev team blog, explains it all there
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always been grateful I never needed to unlock
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to EskimoRuler For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (11-30-2010)

Ok I need help. I downloaded redsn0w but it wants me to browse for my firmware. when i hit browse my firmware does not come up in itunes. Where can I get that. I have 3gs 5.14.02. I have downloaded the ipad firmware to my computer just dont know how to get it on my phone. I had already jb with limera1n and have the latest ultrasn0w on my phone.
    Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by babes View Post
    Ok I need help. I downloaded redsn0w but it wants me to browse for my firmware. when i hit browse my firmware does not come up in itunes. Where can I get that. I have 3gs 5.14.02. I have downloaded the ipad firmware to my computer just dont know how to get it on my phone. I had already jb with limera1n and have the latest ultrasn0w on my phone.
    Thank you so much
    1. Firmware links (latest versions): NO LINKS EDIT
    2. You don't need the ipad firmware if you're on Windows using redsn0w. Redsn0w will download the ipad baseband from Apple.

For Win 7 users: Right-click redsn0w, select compatibility> xp for sp2/sp3 and run as administrator checkbox. If you don't do this, redsn0w will hang on updating ram disk. Fix it, reboot phone, start over.

If you have the latest ultrasn0w, are you already unlocked?
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 11-29-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast