+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Angry Birds Getting a Christmas Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Angry Birds Getting a Christmas Update

Anger Birds developer Rovio has announced that a Christmas update to the popular game will be free to those who bought the Halloween edition ($.99). Rovio revealed this on Twitter today in response to a question they received about updates coming to the app. Their Twitter avatar was also updated with the iconic red bird wearing a Santa hat. Angry Birds has been the number one top paid app for some time now and the Halloween edition is currently at number 13. The Christmas edition is sure to be a hit as well. As this will be an update rather than a new version of the app, it should be available sooner, rather than later in the App Store.

Angry Birds is currently $.99 in the App Store, but the Android version is free with AdMob supported advertising. Currently, there is no word on whether a free iAd supported version of the game will be made available in the future. If Rovio ever does release a free iOS version, not just a free trial, Angry Birds will be an even bigger success than it already is now.

Angry Birds is also launching a full line of Plush toys this December. Soon, youíll be able to set up your own living room fort and play Angry Birds for real. Please, just donít use real pigs.

Source: TUAW

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

Cowboy (11-28-2010)

Thanks

mod edit, quote removed.
    despite what you may think, there are people out there that want to hear about app updates and such.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 11-28-2010 at 08:31 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeO2 View Post
    Are you SERIOUS?!?! there is a JB AND an Unlock out, and you post news about Angry Birds?!?!?!
    So what if they're gonna have a stupid christmas edition?...
    not all of us need an unlock, and I am already jailbroken, so this are better news for me than a new unlock solution... if it does not fit you, then don't read it

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Calm down people, maybe they are a sponsor? Or a favorite game of ModMyi?*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m/ibnzicemanm/ View Post
    despite what you may think, there are people out there that want to hear about app updates and such.
    umm... i dont think anyone bitched about posting news regarding an app or angry birds for that matter. i believe the previous post are commenting that the news about a jb and unlock are a little more important than angry birds; considering this website is dedicated to such things. modmyi has gone downhill when it comes to posting news, and this post just backs that up.

i appreciate the update on angry birds, but come one writers; show some priority when it comes to headlines.

Green Apple
    Thanks

cmon modmyi writers. are you that incompetent that you, the writers of a JAILBREAK blog, can't even write a brief article about the JB & Unlock of an iDevice?

Thanks

Cool update for Angry Birds, and there are to many noobs leaving meaningless comments! I miss the old jb days!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickaroni22 For This Useful Post:

gbarielmoreno (11-28-2010)

Thanks

mod edit, quote removed

the jb came out a while ago, but i see your point that an unlock came out today and there is no article on it
    Last edited by blkcadi; 11-28-2010 at 08:32 PM.
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sure, I'm not saying that people don't care, but I think that since modmyi is BASED on jb's, a new jb and a new unlock, that people have WAITED for a few days/weeks now, is more important...

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    not all of us need an unlock, and I am already jailbroken, so this are better news for me than a new unlock solution... if it does not fit you, then don't read it
    same as \m/ibnziceman\m/
    Quote Originally Posted by Just'N View Post
    umm... i dont think anyone bitched about posting news regarding an app or angry birds for that matter. i believe the previous post are commenting that the news about a jb and unlock are a little more important than angry birds; considering this website is dedicated to such things. modmyi has gone downhill when it comes to posting news, and this post just backs that up.
    i appreciate the update on angry birds, but come one writers; show some priority when it comes to headlines.
    Agreed! Modmyi has been LAGGING in updating news...it used to be the first one(or so I thought) to update news....

Quote Originally Posted by leathelisor View Post
    cmon modmyi writers. are you that incompetent that you, the writers of a JAILBREAK blog, can't even write a brief article about the JB & Unlock of an iDevice?
    EXACTLY my point!

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Calm down people, maybe they are a sponsor? Or a favorite game of ModMyi?*
    that's not the point!

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    the jb came out a while ago, but i see your point that an unlock came out today and there is no article on it
    it's BIG news man, it's not just some random thing that popped out, for a forum/website that {used to be} is formed on JB's/Unlocks/Mods, this is the best news to be updated!
    Last edited by NeO2; 11-28-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ---------------------------------------------

I am an iDiot

Thanks

what the hell is going to be posted if there isn't any news then? this site is for posts about Apple and things related to Apple. sorry to inform you but app updates are Apple affiliated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeO2 View Post
    Are you SERIOUS?!?! there is a JB AND an Unlock out, and you post news about Angry Birds?!?!?!
    So what if they're gonna have a stupid christmas edition?...
    Quote Originally Posted by dabisnit View Post
    Hahaha you're right!!!

Let's talk about JB and unlock here.....

Quote Originally Posted by dev-team
    Ultra-recycle
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 11-28-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks
    Lets try this again

I don't think people care that modmyi is posting news about angry birds. I for one appreciate the update, and enjoy angry birds very much. Understand?

Now on on to the second point. The people that are posting upset comments, are frustrated that a website that is/was mainly for jailbreak/unlock/modifications, is posting news about an app store app BEFORE posting news about the new jailbreak/unlock that has been released. Understand?

I thought I made that clear in my first post, but obviously you did not comprehend what I was trying to communicate to you. Did I succeed this time around?

Now to address this comment:
    what the hell is going to be posted if there isn't any news then? this site is for posts about Apple and things related to Apple. sorry to inform you but app updates are Apple affiliated.
    I find it humorous that you keep saying "sorry to inform you," as if I am the one that is having trouble. Look, I am sorry to inform you but this website 'back in the day' was strictly for jailbreaking and modding. I have no problem that they report on more topics, it mkaes it a one stop shop (sorta speak). However, when news like this receives priority over news that this website was designed to report on; there is a problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know how else to dumb that down for you and "I'm sorry to inform you" I'm done trying. Take care.
    Last edited by Just'N; 11-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks

Lets try this again

I don't think people care that modmyi is posting news about angry birds. I for one appreciate the update, and enjoy angry birds very much. Understand?

Now on on to the second point. The people that are posting upset comments, are frustrated that a website that is/was mainly for jailbreak/unlock/modifications, is posting news about an app store app BEFORE posting news about the new jailbreak/unlock that has been released. Understand?

I thought I made that clear in my first post, but obviously you did not comprehend what I was trying to communicate to you. Did I succeed this time around?

Now to address this comment:

I find it humorous that you keep saying "sorry to inform you," as if I am the one that is having trouble. Look, I am sorry to inform you but this website 'back in the day' was strictly for jailbreaking and modding. I have no problem that they report on more topics, it mkaes it a one stop shop (sorta speak). However, when news like this receives priority over news that this website was designed to report on; there is a problem.

Unfortunately, I don't know how else to dumb that down for you and "I'm sorry to inform you" I'm done trying. Take care.
    i just love it when people talk to me like a baby. (taste the sarcasm?) Plus i only said "sorry to inform you" once. Actually read the posts.

I know modmyi was originally for jb/unlock news and such but guess what? Things change. Things will develop and grow over time. Get over it.

Second, people have to do research on their topics before posting articles about them (unless your Essany, then you can just post rumors). and if you pay attention to what this writer normally posts, he doesn't do information about jbs and unlocks for the most part.

I don't mean to have beef with you, but you don't have to treat people like they're stupid to try and win an argument over them.

Thanks

Cmon kids. Let's stay on topic.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,516 Times in 5,842 Posts

Please, stay on topic and keep it impersonal. I have removed and/or edited many post already.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is important to note that different writers tend to cover different topics. It wouldn't make sense for every single MMI writer to cover the current jailbreak topic. For all we know, there is an article being proofread as we speak. I don't think it's fair to criticize for that reason.

What I will critique is the piss poor mod editing that was done on some of the above posts. (I am sensing an edit of my own coming around the bend...) I saw one of the two original posts that was edited. Nothing vulgar or bad was said. Please do not edit something like that out. If you do, why not just make it so we can't reply at all? The fact that you edited out the original post and entered your own words in its place about why the original poster was wrong doesn't do a damn thing to help move the topic along. If anything, it hurts it. If you MUST throw your weight around, delete the text, make note you deleted the text, and leave it at that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    My apologies, obviously sarcasm and tone can be, and is, easily lost when reading text. I didn't mean to imply you were stupid, I was just trying to get my point across in another manner. I thought you were coming across rather sarcastic and condescending, and when people dish it out II have no problem giving it back.

{sarcasm off} It still seems like you're overlooking the part, that no one has a complaint about an angry birds post (from what I have read)... nor do I. Like I have said in both of my post, I appreciate the updates (and i enjoy my angry birds). Understand one thing though, when there is other news that has yet to be reported, and to most people, is more relevant and important; fans of modmyi get frustrated in the delay. I myself follow other sources, but obviously from the amount of upset post I see throughout the site others do not.

Also, I don't see how things have changed SO drastically that news regarding an angrybird update gets reported before a jailbreak/unlock. If you are going to debate that it's other writers responsibility, then those said writers need to step it up. Plain and simple.

This thread is just evidence of what everyone has been saying for quite some time- modmyi is no longer the leader in news regarding jailbreaks and unlocks. If I was running this site, I would appreciate this feedback; and turn this around.

Sorry for the OT everyone

Thanks
    Thanked 9,516 Times in 5,842 Posts

Then step up and give it a go, we are always looking for good writers. Don't be part of the problem, what can "You" do to make a difference. Be part of the solution.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (11-28-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

::topicShift::

I love angry birds! Totally glad the release is free for the Halloween edition owners. To anyone who didn't purchase the Halloween edition: it was well worth it.

Thanks

I hate Angry Birds. But I don't have a problem that they posted about it, just sayin'. Ah well, still probably gonna get yelled at with CAPS LOCK for voicing a non-mainstream opinion.