+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Angry Birds Getting a Christmas Update

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I like Angry Birds but didn't buy the Halloween version because it was a separate update instead of within the app. I will probably buy the Christmas one though.
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I like Angry Birds but didn't buy the Halloween version because it was a separate update instead of within the app. I will probably buy the Christmas one though.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 9,535 Times in 5,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Oh yeah, the Halloween was worth the monies, and now $.99 pennies, a must have toothy.

Thanks

^ thanks I will buy it and take your word! lol I am a sucker!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-28-2010)

Thanks

^cool, you'll love it, I'm sure.

Thanks

I can't wait for the Christmas update though I am really excited about it! It should be so cute! lol
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 11-28-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: edit

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    ^ thanks I will buy it and take your word! lol I am a sucker!
    Buy the Halloween version and then you get the Christmas version for free.

As far as moderating posts that are disrespectful of the Writers. I am all for it. Things have gotten way out of control on here with people flaming the Staff. It didn't used to be this way.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (11-28-2010), thetoothfairy (11-28-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Then step up and give it a go, we are always looking for good writers. Don't be part of the problem, what can "You" do to make a difference. Be part of the solution.
    So in all seriousness is that all it takes? Expressing interest? I am sure there is talent out there that doesn't know where to get started.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    So in all seriousness is that all it takes? Expressing interest? I am sure there is talent out there that doesn't know where to get started.
    Yup, all you do is go to the bottom of any page, you'll see a "contact us" link, email Kyle. Easy as pie, you can make some money too if your any good.

Thanks

Sziklassy you going to give it a try?

Thanks

I normally don't read the comments, but seriously? So many people complained about one article? I personally think this fits (Sort of), since ModMyi does basically talk about Apple, it's products and many other products in general.

On Topic: Cool, another update for Christmas! I wonder if you are still allowed to play the Halloween one when the Christmas update comes out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

i believe this community is for everything apple including apps that go with the ios devices
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    Let's talk about JB and unlock here.....
    Wow read the title of the Thread, if you don't like the topic then find the correct thread to voice this in

The Halloween edition 3rd to last LVL if I'm thinking right was a pain

Happy to see a Christmas Special Edition

hopefully they won't use this same edition next Christmas

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Birds easily earned my 99 cents x2. I achieved three stars on every level in both versions. This game is the perfect time killer, and brings out my old gamer ocd fun factor from years ago. I've even helped a few friends get past levels they are stuck in. So yes, I'm looking forward to the "Holiday" addition.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was put off buying the Halloween version as it's my least favorite holiday and I already own the original angry birds but i love Christmas so may now have to buy it!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I dont care what any of you say.... angry birds rock!!! I play it everyday(well use to play it until i beat the whole game and won all the golden eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Angry Birds easily earned my 99 cents x2. I achieved three stars on every level in both versions. This game is the perfect time killer, and brings out my old gamer ocd fun factor from years ago. I've even helped a few friends get past levels they are stuck in. So yes, I'm looking forward to the "Holiday" addition.
    exactly!
    Last edited by athleticswimmer; 11-29-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

You see, when you load the main page of this website, you are provided with headlines. You can then choose to click on a headline if that subject interests you. We're so sorry you were coerced into clicking on an article about Angry Birds. They must have mislabeled the headline. That's 30 seconds of message board trolling that you'll never get back. Better step it up and live life like there's no tomorrow to make up for precious lost time.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDirtyDiddler For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (11-29-2010), soulthoughts (11-29-2010)

Thanks

^ I agree

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    You see, when you load the main page of this website, you are provided with headlines. You can then choose to click on a headline if that subject interests you. We're so sorry you were coerced into clicking on an article about Angry Birds. They must have mislabeled the headline. That's 30 seconds of message board trolling that you'll never get back. Better step it up and live life like there's no tomorrow to make up for precious lost time.
    I don't think the issue falls on Angry Birds, or the content of this article itself. The issue is that at the time of this article being posted, it had been a couple of hours since a rather sizeable development in the jailbreaking community had occurred and not one mention had been made. While I do agree that MMI encompasses all things iOS, since the very beginning there's been a focus on the MODDING part of things. It's what a lot of people come here for.

An official article/statment didn't come until 7 hours later, by Kyle himself in the middle of the night. At this point, the jailbreak/unlock was being discussed on just about all the threads people with no central spot to focus our discussion.

I understand writers need time to write a thorough report on any particular said of news, but just ignoring the news and forcing the community to talk about it in other threads (causing derails) only hurts the cohesion this site has.

Does it really hurt for a mod (of which plenty here were aware of the recent news) to make a quick BREAKING: STUFF HAPPENING THAT MAY BE OF INTEREST TO YOU post to put it out there while the writing crew continues on schedule and submits a second full article?

Heck, as a mod, I used to do this all the time. I broke the "Jailbreaking is now legal" news from work over my phone like half an hour after it happened, then Messany took over with a more content-filled article a couple of hours later.

As far as Angry Birds, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said. My brother actually IM'ed me 4 days ago to let me know how much he HATES MY GUTS for suggesting he should play Angry Birds as he now does nothing but play the game.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 11-29-2010 at 12:14 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Please, stay on topic and keep it impersonal. I have removed and/or edited many post already.

Wouldn't have to if u just gave us JB news not this. I coulda found this out on joystiq... What's next? U guys gonna tell me nicki Minaj pink Friday album is on iTunes? Smh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,xcuse me,could u tell me sth about jailbreak.I bought iphone 4 a couple of days ago and rumors said that jailbreak is bad for iphone.So it's a hard choice...