+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2.1 Does Baseband Checks; ultrasn0w Out By Sunday?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Anyone having problem with cydia after jailbreak iPhone 4 with the redsn0w on 4.2.1 ...!!! Mine doesn't work .. I had to restore my iPhone twice and now without a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone having problem with cydia after jailbreak iPhone 4 with the redsn0w on 4.2.1 ...!!!
    Mine doesn't work .. I had to restore my iPhone twice and now without a jailbreak ..TinyUmbrella doesn't kick it out of recovery .. So i manage to restore it with itune after deleting my etc/hosts file on my notepad and tried the jailbreak again .. It worked and downloaded cydia but when i tried to get my pkgbkup running it got stuck so i tried again .. No success restore it again and tried to this time to download Winterboard first and and SBSetting .. It got stuck after reboot on the apple sign .. So i had to restore it again from zero and now i do not have a jailbreak .. :-(
    Am i doing anything wrong .. I am supposed to know .. This is not my first rodeo with the iPhone jailbreak and unlock .. My iPhone 4 is factory unlocked with the newsest Baseband and the 4.2.1 FW any help will be very appreciated .. Unless i have to wait for the unthedered one ..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

You need to use redsn0w to boot the phone every time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i have the 3gs. so i am pretty much screwed right.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Just waiting for an untethered jailbreak for iPad and ip4. Keep the good work up guys
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    questin, i am pretty retarded when it comes to this, but can i use the new redsn0w to jailbreak and where do i get the ipsw file. if someone can explain i would really appreciate it thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheazy View Post
    questin, i am pretty retarded when it comes to this, but can i use the new redsn0w to jailbreak and where do i get the ipsw file. if someone can explain i would really appreciate it thanks
    You can follow this: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    man i'm so happy i gave up my iphone 4 for an unlock galaxy tab with full phone functions. it's like having an iphone and an ipad all in one, life is much more fun now no need to have more than one device.my galaxy tab does it all and more hahahahahaha.
    Well thats pretty good for you, ill stick with my iPhone and iPad because im not in the mood for putting a 7" tablet to my face and talking into it....
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

People have downgraded their basebands back down to the unlockable when Apple was still signing 4.1 so it is possible, someway

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    People have downgraded their basebands back down to the unlockable when Apple was still signing 4.1 so it is possible, someway
    Yup as long as Apple is signing 4.1 a iPhone 4 can downgrade baseband from 3.10.01 to 2.10.04 by restoring to 4.1. Doesnt help unlockers yet but it is always safer to stay on the lowest possible baseband when needing to unlock.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Well thats pretty good for you, ill stick with my iPhone and iPad because im not in the mood for putting a 7" tablet to my face and talking into it....
    did you ever hear of a little invention call bluetooth? you are bag of douche.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm not an unlocker, but I think it's so dirty. Someone needs to stop them.

Thanks

happy thanks giving to all. looking forward on unlocking 5.14.02

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    am also switching phone. goin to android saying bye to iphone 4 nd iOS apple's BS.
    I just did this myself. After using android for a week now I don't even know how I got sucked into iOS for three whole years!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I just did this myself. After using android for a week now I don't even know how I got sucked into iOS for three whole years!
    is the samsung captivate any good ive thought about android myself just to at least try it out

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    did you ever hear of a little invention call bluetooth? you are bag of douche.
    LOL that's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    is the samsung captivate any good ive thought about android myself just to at least try it out
    Everything I read says stay away from Samsung. I went with an HTC EVO, rooted it, put on a custom ROM, and couldn't be happier. Out of the box it was better than stock iOS, but with the mods I did it is that much better. Not a thing I miss on iOS to be completely honest.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-25-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (11-25-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    LOL that's what I was thinking.

Everything I read says stay away from Samsung. I went with an HTC EVO, rooted it, put on a custom ROM, and couldn't be happier. Out of the box it was better than stock iOS, but with the mods I did it is that much better. Not a thing I miss on iOS to be completely honest.
    damn thats the only good android running phone on att.. dont want to go from a phone that i love just bored with at times to a ****** android that has bad reviews lol

Thanks

I've left iPhone for good and gone back to BlackBerry (Android phones have horrible battery life (6-7 hours before they die) and I just couldn't handle that) so I have a BlackBerry 9780 now and I'm very happy. Tired of Apple and Steve Job's ********! They just lost another customer...not that they care. Oh and the Friday sales are hilarious at best...11 bucks off an iPod Touch? WOW...I'm so running to apple.com tomorrow...NOT!

They take off more money for their computers for the sale because they know the barely have any percentage at all of the computer industry, but when it comes to their devices that have put them on the map, they insult us with 11 bucks off?

Up yours Stevo! I'm done with Apple for good, things are just to complicated with this company.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont care about no unlock in that i use At&t. But i'd like to see a non-tethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who the hell cares about the jabber about android or blackberry phones??

This is ModMyI, not android or blackberry.

If you don't have an idevice, stop trolling here for the love of all things holy.

Thanks

It's ashame you have to "mod" your phone to make it work correctly lol. Enjoy your iTampons everyone!
    "Don't hold it like that!"

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dayvidpriddy For This Useful Post:

that_girl (11-25-2010)