Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Most Kids 6-12 Want an iPad

no kidding, I would call it irresponsible parenting to purchase a 6 year old a 500 dollar electronic device.
    Really?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    no kidding, I would call it irresponsible parenting to purchase a 6 year old a 500 dollar electronic device.
    Why? If the kid was responsible with it and took care of it, why not? The educational apps and books are great for young minds.

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    I agree with that statement however I purchased an iPod touch for a family member who is now 5.. He loves the apps as well, but with it his grade have improved and he loves to learn with it..

An iPad may be too much, but at the same time with apps like Pages their learning important skills (like how to type up documents) that will help them develop proper writing habits.

not all kids are irresponsible. i agree with you stealthbravo. there are great educational apps out there that would greatly benefit young minds.

Thanks

My son is almost 2 1/2 years old and he has had an iPad since he was 2. I bought him a 4th gen iPod Touch a few months ago so that he could use the camera and facetime with me during the day. Every day when he gets home, he runs to his room and plugs both his iPad and iPod into chargers. He also will grab alcohol screen wipes from my desk and clean the screens of both of them.

I usually buy him a couple new apps a week and he absolutely loves them. He always uses the read along books and educational games. Some of the preschool games that are out are really amazing. He loves complex puzzle and matching games. He is also damn good at Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja

Thanks
    Thanked 15,476 Times in 7,086 Posts

My 3 year old kicks butt in the new sonic game. He also loves the books too though, especially the Disney ones.

When I was 12, you know what I had?! I had a ******* bike and toy swords that I would hit my brother with! No wonder america is obese. All kids do is sit down and play with their cell phones and electronics!

Twitter: @tshoults

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    ^^ You have a really intelligent 1 year old.
    My sons almost a Year and a half. He has his own folders with his books and games. And all the videos on my ipad are for him. And he knows how to go into them open a video swipe the pages to see which one he wants, pick the movie. And then tap the screen when he wants to watch something else and hits done and then back to library, he navigates through it pretty damn good, clickin the home button and i had to get that INCARCER app to lock the home button so he cant just exit the app to go back into it. its quite funny to watch.

And my son says "apple, apple" lol thats what he calls the iPad.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-24-2010 at 05:10 PM.

No wonder now y kids this days r becoming obesity

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ash3s2012 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (11-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ash3s2012 View Post
    No wonder now y kids this days r becoming obesity
    My son runs around like a mofo. he carries the ipad with him, lol hes always on the go! I got the Otterbox Defender iPad Case on mine just in case he drops it (and has) but that case is a TANK. Plus i have accidental coverage through Squaretrade with it :P
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-24-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks

yup i got mine brand new on ebay for $54 bucks shipped retail on their site for 89.99 plus shipping. Thank you Ebay!

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    When I was 12, you know what I had?! I had a ******* bike and toy swords that I would hit my brother with! No wonder america is obese. All kids do is sit down and play with their cell phones and electronics!
    Same here up until I was 16 is when I started to buy my own stuff and started to get more technology on my hands. If I was a parent I would prefer for them to go outside and play some football and socialize just my opinion.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MXCO For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (11-24-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My kids don't have iPad or ipod, but me and my wife have iPhones since day one back in 2007. Kid are 3 and 6 and both know how to use our phones better than us and I'm thinking of getting them an iPad for x-mas.

I agree with previous statements that when I was 6 I had a toy made out of rope and wood from the back yard, but my kids are outdoor too and iPad will only help them get smarter on their indoor play time. Thanks to tv and my iPhone, my 3 y/o knows all the letters and numbers and can even type the password to get into the laptop

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dq13 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (11-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    My kids don't have iPad or ipod, but me and my wife have iPhones since day one back in 2007. Kid are 3 and 6 and both know how to use our phones better than us and I'm thinking of getting them an iPad for x-mas.

I agree with previous statements that when I was 6 I had a toy made out of rope and wood from the back yard, but my kids are outdoor too and iPad will only help them get smarter on their indoor play time. Thanks to tv and my iPhone, my 3 y/o knows all the letters and numbers and can even type the password to get into the laptop
    hahaha awesome!

Good point about the learning aspect. But most 12YO's will just being using it to play games. Parents these days are such puch-overs (not talking about you).

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

The educational stuff is great for 2-6 years

I agree with previous statements that when I was 6 I had a toy made out of rope and wood from the back yard, but my kids are outdoor too and iPad will only help them get smarter on their indoor play time.
    I get your point but don't you think that kids will start spending their time mostly at home *because* of such electronic devices? you have to admit there is always a risk this can happen - if you watch over their playing time it should be ok though =)

my niece who is 9 got one for her birthday she loves it over the ipod touch and every one of her siblings in her age group has one to in her family

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

My 7 year-old brother fell in love the the iPad my mom brought home from work, as did my 11 year-old brother. I was pretty amazed myself If I had the extra cash to drop, and if AT&T actually had service where I live, I might've considered buying a 16 + 3G during some of the black friday sales. But, neither is true So no iPad for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast