+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix iOS 4.2ís Disappearing Music Bug

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by thevmax Agreed! : Reply to Cory: I just checked my iTunes Version. It is 10.1.0.56 ... God only knows what it will be tomorrow! You's is build
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Agreed! :
    Reply to Cory:
    I just checked my iTunes Version. It is 10.1.0.56 ...
    God only knows what it will be tomorrow!
    You's is build 56? I just downloaded this about 9 hours ago directly from apple's website... This many updates to iTunes in the background... not what I like to see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fix iOS 4.2ís Disappearing Music Bug-screen-shot-2010-11-24-1.06.35-am.png  

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

i was on 4.1 on my iphone 4 I noticed my iphone 4 on 4.1 ate my battery faster so i went back to 4.0.1 much better. big improvement. i think 4.1 is stable but 4.0.1 is good enough on my iphone without any problems.

The 20th Member
    Thanks

late on the news again but yea apple is starting to really with beta testing their devices and firmwares
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple is fast becoming the new Microsoft with them constantly releasing Software with blatant bugs.
    I mean did they even install this firmware on a device before releasing it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually had this same bug occur when I updated to 4.1 with my iPhone 4...with the same fix resolving.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bug happened to me...though I didn't notice it till I was already at work. Now I have to sit through my day with no background music until I can get home to fix it...very frustrating.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I haven't updated my ip4 since I jailbroke and unlocked it so I am still running 4.0.1 and with out any issues. In my opinion they haven't had any new updates since then worth me updating my fw. And truly what can they give me that I can't get via cydia or other fellow jailbreakers anyway.....

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acm0810 View Post
    Is anyone experiencing the iPhone slowing down after 4.2 ??
    Yyyyep! Phone seems to lag slighty now. Opening and closing apps seems to be very juttery now. Not happy about. At all.

Like mentioned above, these updates should be tested first. Apple seem to be getting very sloppy, man...

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

i have not had this problem... the problem i have is that the photos app and camera app do not work... they both open.. and then close. im restoring now to se if it helps at all

nope... nothing... still didnt help
    Last edited by EddieLeonard; 11-24-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This happens to my wife's iPhone 3Gs running 4.1, so I don't think it's a 4.2 bug, but something that's just happening more frequently with 4.2 perhaps...

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.2.1 & had the same problem when I entered the iPod & I had no music showing, I did what was said in the first post & all good...still no excuse.
    =Is the quality of your life, the outcome of your own thoughts?=

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been dealing with this randomly since around OS 3.1 (unless this is a different database bug where the iPhone says there's no media, but there is).

My fix is even easier since it requires no resyncing. Just plug in the phone, do a get info on a song, then hit ok. That's it. Open up iPod on the phone and it'll do a fresh read from the database. No need to change anything while doing the get info, and no need to resync from iTunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't know, I guess he means the lack of white iPhone 4 and antennae-gate. My iPod touch 4 and 2 are fine. The 4 still is, anyway.
    Lack of white iPhone 4 is for sure a curiosity and wide-open for speculation, but a failure? Antenna-gate, on the other hand, was a Jobs melt-down. No need to rehash.

Apple prods are heads and shoulders above. The schnizz is when they occasionally screw the pooch, as all do, they're so defiant and damn arrogant...wtf! Drinking their own coolaid, me thinks.

Thanks

Wouldn't it be funny if Apple released the White iPhone due to consumer's clamoring for it and it didn't work correctly? Buggy, the white came off, other issues.
    Senior

Thanks

Apple did this intentionally so that we can jailbreak and they can patch

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    i was on 4.1 on my iphone 4 I noticed my iphone 4 on 4.1 ate my battery faster so i went back to 4.0.1 much better. big improvement. i think 4.1 is stable but 4.0.1 is good enough on my iphone without any problems.
    If you really want to save battery, you need to put less work on the processor, so delete the icons in your multitask bar unless you really need them. I decided to look, and all my apps (56) were running and it was draining my battery. So I deleted them all and now it works like a regular phone battery.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by showofdeth View Post
    Yyyyep! Phone seems to lag slighty now. Opening and closing apps seems to be very juttery now. Not happy about. At all.

Like mentioned above, these updates should be tested first. Apple seem to be getting very sloppy, man...
    Just delete the items in your multitask bar unless you really need them. I did it and it doesn't lag anymore.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12