Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Jailbreak Status Update

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    I do not think anyone is going to create a step-by-step guide in your post.
    Classic!

Again, anyone more familiar with SHSH blobs know if saved 4.01 blobs should work for the 4.2.1 untethered jb (when it's released of course)?
    Last edited by farfromovin; 11-22-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Go go go! I'm out of a phone right now cause I'm a ******' retard.

Thanks

I'm totally over jailbreaking for now. I've been in the scene since the 2G days, but I'm tired of it. Some problems due to me, some Apple and some the devs. From 3Gs to i4 was a pain. Compatibility issues with Cydia apps. Then 4.0.1 to 4.1. Just a time consuming update. Then rock acquisition. Epic asspains. Then i4 replacement for prox switch. Epic asspains round 2. Then bad jailbreak, needing restore. Annoying. Now, 4.2 + new Cydia? I can already see what's up. 5.0 will be out before the devs catch up with app compatibility. I'm tired of cat and mouse, tired of worrying so I can have SB Settings and winterboard. Im tired of constantly having to f*ck with my goddamn phone. I just want it to work maintenance free. I'm goin stock for a while, maybe permanent.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Newbie question here... I have my SHSH blobs saved via Cydia and TinyUmbrella, so no problem... well, kinda. How do I use those SHSH blobs, when and where??? I have a factory unlocked iphone 4, so I guess I don't update via iTunes? How do I update to 4.2.1 then?

I probably wont upgrade if it is gonna be a tethered jailbreak. I don't wanna have to use a computer to boot my phone... Plus I need the jailbreak so unless untethered is available I guess I'm stuck on 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    I'm totally over jailbreaking for now. I've been in the scene since the 2G days, but I'm tired of it. Some problems due to me, some Apple and some the devs. From 3Gs to i4 was a pain. Compatibility issues with Cydia apps. Then 4.0.1 to 4.1. Just a time consuming update. Then rock acquisition. Epic asspains. Then i4 replacement for prox switch. Epic asspains round 2. Then bad jailbreak, needing restore. Annoying. Now, 4.2 + new Cydia? I can already see what's up. 5.0 will be out before the devs catch up with app compatibility. I'm tired of cat and mouse, tired of worrying so I can have SB Settings and winterboard. Im tired of constantly having to f*ck with my goddamn phone. I just want it to work maintenance free. I'm goin stock for a while, maybe permanent.
    I feel ya! Your rant here is the sole reason I don't apply all the slick arse themes to my iphone. They look great, but you have to constantly mess with them, and then you end up deleting the wrong files, wrecking things, restoring, essentially turning your Apple product into a MS product judging by how much maintenance you have to perform fixing it. That's Apple's beauty, it just works. I love the JB scene for it's progressiveness, but when purchased JB apps have conflicts with each other, or just bugs, safe mode gets annoying. The things that keep me jumping through the JB hoops are:
    intelliscreen
    mywi- seldom used on road trips, emergencies, etc...
    my3g- facetime and HD youtube is nice on 3g and I use it often.

So, I just try not to tweak the phone too much. There is a nice balance between functionality and dependability, you just gotta find it. And of course, it means us JB'ers are a couple-few weeks behind on the updates...

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Great to hear!!
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

so hey when will the unlock for the iphone 4 2.10.04 baseband be released .. i have 4.1 jaibroken but i use tmobile nd i need the unlock .. been waiting since halloween ive had no phone ..my iphone 4 hss been an itouch

In a couple of weeks.

were there any bug fixes with 4.2? my i4 still has some issues with jawbone icon headset. not nearly as bad as it used to be in 4.01, but still annoying sometimes.

and the phone still crashes every few weeks lol

why I jailbreak:
    /bin/bash

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You can jailbreak with jailbreakme 2.0 at 4.0.1

You can unlock at 4.1 if you preserve your baseband below 4.1, the baseband itself at 4.1 cannot be unlocked.
    Ever or just until further notice ?

Quote Originally Posted by farfromovin View Post
    I feel ya! Your rant here is the sole reason I don't apply all the slick arse themes to my iphone. They look great, but you have to constantly mess with them, and then you end up deleting the wrong files, wrecking things, restoring, essentially turning your Apple product into a MS product judging by how much maintenance you have to perform fixing it. That's Apple's beauty, it just works. I love the JB scene for it's progressiveness, but when purchased JB apps have conflicts with each other, or just bugs, safe mode gets annoying. The things that keep me jumping through the JB hoops are:
    intelliscreen
    mywi- seldom used on road trips, emergencies, etc...
    my3g- facetime and HD youtube is nice on 3g and I use it often.

So, I just try not to tweak the phone too much. There is a nice balance between functionality and dependability, you just gotta find it. And of course, it means us JB'ers are a couple-few weeks behind on the updates...
    yall are a bunch of babies. All you do is benfit from somebody elses scripts and exploits and you just b!tch about it like there is no tomorrow. Oh it was so soooo hard for you to use somebody elses hard work how dare you. Leave the community. it's @$$HOLES like yall that made geo almost not come out with a jailbreak for iphone 4.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to off10hot For This Useful Post:

djslash (11-23-2010), IcerMize (11-23-2010), mortopher (11-27-2010)

^^ I wish I could "like" that comment, completely true. Don't ask how long ask how we can help.. you bums.

3G on 4.1 with 05.13.04 SHSH blobs. Will ultrasn0w still work and can i jailbreak and preserve baseband? I know it will be untethered correct?

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get it. Why do people waste there time asking for answers in the forums when the site has an awesome guides section. For god sakes I'm so tired of people not just in the forums here but people in my circle of friends asking how to perform even the simplest tasks. Wether it's a problem on there laptop(pc/Mac) or on there smartphone. The web is so overrun with guides to help u step by step so anything from hackintosh guides to wiping your arse properly. Instead of always asking how, or when. Why don't some of u use the smartphone in your hand, choose your search engine and do some reading. U just might surprise yourselves and have an "ah ha" moment. All anyone seems to care about is the destination and not the journey. Not saying this is the type if place u shouldn't ask for help in. Just look around I'm sure the question your about to ask has been answered already. Don't set yourself up to be ridiculed in post such as this one.

Sigh..... I guess I'm saying I'm tired of lazy douchbags who ask the same questions time and time again. Don't they know that anything below an iphone3s is better served to stay on 3.1.3 and use the many tweaks in Cydia to get the features of the newer firmware. I don't get it at all. I got to go shoot someone on black ops. Lol. Damn what a long post. Sorry for the rant you guys.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to realtimedeath For This Useful Post:

djslash (11-23-2010)

It's just a phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have to say i want to update but not so much for the features but rather ive been having an odd boot problem. phone will start booting then get the spining wheel of deat halfway through. Then it will reboot itself and then finally boot up to the lockscreen. takes a while for this compared to the 5 second boots before.

Quote Originally Posted by Deroelsikario View Post
    just until further notice ?
    That.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahaka View Post
    can 3gs unlockable for 4.1 yet ??
    If you were at 4.0, or 4.0.x you could have prejailbroken the 4.1 firmware with pwnagetool and not updated your baseband. As of now that the 4.2 firmware is out the dev team should have an unlock for the 4.1 baseband soon

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast