+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G iPads in UK for 200?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3G iPads in UK for 200?

Orange and T-Mobile will subsidize Wi-Fi + 3G iPads for customers who order 18 month and 24 month service plans. Although there's no pricing information from either company or their parent Everything Everywhere, reports claim that the iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB will be available for 200, which about $320 US.

The UK advertising site MarketingWeek was out first with the news that Everything Everywhere, the British wireless behemoth formed out of the merger of Orange UK and T-Mobile UK was planning to sell iPads at reduced prices for the Christmas holiday. Orange later acknowledged the plan in a press release, but there is as yet no official confirmation from T-Mobile, and no information about pricing.

MarketingWeek's sources say that the subsidized iPad Wi+Fi + 3G 16GB is going to be available for around 200 for customers that are willing to sign an 18 to 24 month contract. This is a steep discount from the price for the same model iPad at the Apple Store in the UK, which costs 529 (approximately $844 US). The plans cost $14.99 for 250 MB a month and $25 for 2 GB a month.

The subsidy model for mobile devices is becoming increasingly popular in the UK. O2 recently introduced a deal giving customers PlayStation 3s with PlayStation Move free if they buy a 35 per month 24 month contract. Customers who get a 25 per month 24 month contract can buy an Xbox 360 with a 250GB hard drive, Kinect for Xbox 360 with Kinect Adventures and a choice of either Dance Central, Kinect Sports or a 12 month Xbox Live membership for 189.99: a 200 subsidy.

Source: Fortune
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 11-22-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Thanks

Noing Apple, the price will be much higher than would it would just using exchange rate. Like a Apple TV costs $99 in the US and $119 in Canada when our dollars are on parody
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Well just do the math and see theREAL price for 'subsidised' iDevices. Ppl are sometimes so naive!

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

I am stunned when I see comments like that it will cost 200... or when at&t customers comments saying that ip4 was only $199 and the (i.e.) vapor 4 case was half of the phone price... and at the same time comparing it to the apple store prices... People are very naive...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirogster View Post
    Well just do the math and see theREAL price for 'subsidised' iDevices. Ppl are sometimes so naive!
    I suppose you think the iPad will actually cost the customer 650? If it wasn't subsidised, then you'd be paying 529 for an iPad with no 3G plan, so then add on a 25 a month (or even less if you can get one) and after 6 months - a year you'll have spent a couple of hundred more.
    I think you're the naive one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Orange currently sell iPad sim only contracts at 15 a month for 3gb download. If we take that figure and times by 24 months and add 200 for base model iPad total 560 which is 61 more than from apple without contract. I think couldbe great deal

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

200 for the iPad and 10 a month wouldn't be a bad idea. You could probably sell the iPad for a profit and then use the sim in the iPad 2 when it's launched.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (11-23-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirogster View Post
    It all really depends. If youbuy it at this price, but don;t end up usng the data srvice, it;s a waste of money. If you do heavily use data, you are actually saving money in the end...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings