Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Now Available : Not Ready For Jailbreak

Default iOS 4.2 Now Available : Not Ready For Jailbreak

Just as Paul had said early this morning, iOS 4.2 has now been greenlit to go live and is available for download to the public. Many iPad users will be excited for this, of course that is unless you require/love/need/want a jailbreak.

If your hoping to jump on the iOS 4.2 firmware, do not expect a jailbreak to be ready just yet. This may take a few weeks to a month, or even a day. What's important right now, is to stay on iOS 4.1 and make sure your SHSH Blobs are saved. This will ensure you can always preform a jailbreak on your device at this firmware version. If you do not want to lose your jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE to iOS 4.2 yet. Pleas wait until official tools have been updated/released.

While the new features look great, be patient, and in time you will be able to upgrade. But for now, play safe, and stay away from that update.

Of course, we will let you know when a new tool surfaces to be used with iOS 4.2.

For those waiting for an unlock on iOS 4.1, this is good news, as you can bet there will be one shortly, now that iOS 4.2 is available.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-22-2010), ChaiMuengChuaySoh (11-22-2010), kimvy (11-22-2010), MaRS15 (11-25-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

man i hate when they say unlock will come out shortly. takes forever

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trigun989 For This Useful Post:

florevil (11-22-2010)

Thanks
    I iz installing!!!!
    DiTO

all i want is for winterboard to have per-page wallpapers and iconoclasm to have per-page layouts. i hope this update will allow that

iPhone? More like MyPhone 5h4d0w's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for the JB! Can anyone put up a full Changelog?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5h4d0w For This Useful Post:

tomybomby (11-22-2010)

Unlock for 2.10.04? Now please.

Thanks

And the Flood of questions are about to begin.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-22-2010), Poseidon79 (11-22-2010), The Maestro (11-22-2010)

ok so i jb my 3g using redsn0w. is it safe to update or do i need to wait for that too?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

i know. Luckily my iPad only needs a JB. But my iphone 3gs is comfy on 4.1 Jailbroken and ulocked. I will wait for the JB for both devices, i cant go a day without a jailbreak on my ipad or my iphone.

iOS 4.2.1 has already been jailbroken, its just not an untethered jailbreak - AS REPORTED ON GIZMODO YESTERDAY. I'll be looking forward to your comments about yesterday's development in 36-48 hours! See you then, ModMyi Staff Writers!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NessLookAlike For This Useful Post:

leathelisor (11-22-2010), Nick Hesson (11-22-2010), wirehedd (11-22-2010)

updated to 4.2.1 on ipad , jail broke with new redsn0w ,,, but cydia wont open,,, anyone know why?

ibnziceman.......... read what he said if you want jailbreak on 4.2 wait it's not safe do people not read..........

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    iOS 4.2.1 has already been jailbroken, its just not an untethered jailbreak - AS REPORTED ON GIZMODO YESTERDAY. I'll be looking forward to your comments about yesterday's development in 36-48 hours! See you then, ModMyi Staff Writers!
    That jailbreak that was released (redsn0w 0.9.6b3) is not a jailbreak for the masses for 4.2.1. Cydia does not open on it so it should not be used by anyone that doesn't know how to fix that or use command line to use cydia. Once one of the jailbreaks come out that support 4.2.1 and install a updated cydia then this article is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ibednego View Post
    updated to 4.2.1 on ipad , jail broke with new redsn0w ,,, but cydia wont open,,, anyone know why?
    It breaks Cydia right now for some reason iirc, but the whole point of the tethered jailbreak as released yesterday is just so that developers for Cydia have a chance to make sure their apps are compatible with the new firmware ASAP before the whole scene updates to 4.2.1 and gets a working Cydia.

And its also for very impatient people.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NessLookAlike For This Useful Post:

ibednego (11-22-2010)

you can downgrade back to 3.2.2 or 4.1 from 4.2 or 4.2.1 with itunes 10.1 very easily. If you update, you go back to 3.2.2 anytime you want. Its not that big of a deal

......epic

Airplay is actually pretty cool. Streaming from iPhone 3Gs to AppleTV 2nd Gen is pretty hot. Remember, with the iOS4.2.1 release, 2nd Gen AppleTV also gets updated as this update unifies all iOS devices.

I originally heard that we would be able to customize our text message sound as it seems everyone in the world is using the same sound and it gets annoying in crowded places, however I have not seen where or how this can be done, it still looks like the same old sound selector in the message notification settings.

AirPrint looks like it needs an AirPrint printer, so the sad rumors are true. Just because your printer is shared on your network, doesn't make it an AirPrint printer.
    MacMini Server 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 15" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo l iPhone 3G S⃣ 32 GB Black l  TV Gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by ibednego View Post
    I updated to 4.2.1 on ipad , jail broke with new redsn0w ,,, but cydia wont open,,, anyone know why?
    LMAO, do you people read anything before you jailbreak your device?
    Last edited by mtwiford; 11-22-2010 at 01:20 PM.

......epic

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-22-2010), i.Annie (11-22-2010), Poseidon79 (11-22-2010), Snozberries (11-22-2010)

LOL i love this

So are you saying if i update to 4.2 i cant jailbreak???? Will i lose all my cydia apps? What do you mean i have to wait theres not an unlock yet? God i hate the dev team they work so hard and for free but they are slow as snails when it comes to this stuff..... I am going to go find a bridge!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-22-2010), mr117 (11-22-2010)

Updated ip4 but My iPad is on 4.2 GM number 1 and iTunes says it the current version!

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    Updated ip4 but My iPad is on 4.2 GM number 1 and iTunes says it the current version!
    Just download it manually and install it.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast