+ Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Now Available : Not Ready For Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Anyone know the best place to watch for an unlock? I gave my father-in-law an iPhone 3GS thinking I could unlock it now, but like an idiot I updated the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone know the best place to watch for an unlock?

I gave my father-in-law an iPhone 3GS thinking I could unlock it now, but like an idiot I updated the firmware when I updated the OS to 4.1.

I've been kind of out of the loop lately. Not sure who all the players are now.

GeoHotz is out? Does that mean the unlock will come out by the dev team?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BornSlacker View Post

I gave my father-in-law an iPhone 3GS thinking I could unlock it now, but like an idiot I updated the firmware when I updated the OS to 4.1.

Thanks.
    Best place to look is right here on MMI
    comex is the guy to look for and planetbeing and musclenerd
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Thanks.
    Dev team blog. Or caniunlock.com as advertised constantly by chpwn

Thanks
    why don't i have the new Iphone ringtones??? 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, now where the f!@$ are my songs. Songs do not show in ipod. I have to re-sync.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just read today that there will possibly never be an unlock 4 iPhone 4 users stuck on 4.1 via caniunlock.com
    Last edited by smuthers66; 11-22-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Wrong reference

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks.
    Following comex and the rest of the dev team on twitter is really all you need for up-to-date news.

Thanks

Some one answer me this, please:

Can I update my jailbroken ipad 3.2 to 4.2.1 through itunes, safely, and then, when a REAL jailbreak becomes available, rejailbreak? Is there a reason or possibility that we will need to be on 3.2 before upgrading to a jailbroken 4.2?

If a cydia ready and updated 4.2 jailbreak comes out, can I take a 4.2 ipad and jailbreak it? OR should I stay at 3.2 until something comes out for mac.

Also, is it safe to go to 4.2 from a jailbroken 3.2 or should I restore to normal 3.2 and THEN 4.2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
    Im reading this post, and i'm saying to myself "Wow, ModMyi has really fallen off with the artciles. This is an article saying absolutely nothing. It will be recycled for every FW release from now until infinity". And then I see the peoples comments. To quote the windows phone commercial, "Seriously?"

For one, the articles on modmyi are old, stale, recycles from other sites. This is SAD. Ive been on this site for 3 years, What is going on? At least recycle the CURRENT ads. Thats been a complaint for the mid- to high level modders on this site. Seriously, stop letting us down.

Now for the rest of you, AN UNLOCK IS NOT OWED TO US! These people do this for free. To help us out who are technically fascinated by this stuff, to those who just want a phone to be cool. These things take time. Apple, a multi billion dollar company has a whole team of employees that they pay GREAT salaries to prevent jailbreaks and unlocks. A handful of people who live normal lives with kids and girlfriends are probably right now coding their asses off to give you the most out of your device, FOR FREE. NOTHING IS OWED TO YOU, and you people are so ungrateful you cant even take the couple of seconds to read the warnings and instructions that come with the software that took these people DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS to create.

And people wonder why GeoHotz left the scene...

I agree with the top part of your rant, and see your point on the bottom. And although this is always beaten like a dead horse, as long as you and others keep posting things like "NOTHING IS OWED TO YOU;" you will have people like me educating you on the conflicting point of view.

When a business is started (cydia) and said business starts charging for it's services (apps); support for such things is required. It is expected from companies large and small, so why are you fascinated? This isn't like in the old days, when most of the apps and tweaks where free, and the common hacker lifestyle of creating codes and passing them on to be tweaked and evolved was accepted. Once the jailbreak scene became a "business" (if you will), it took on the responsibilities associated with becoming a "business." Sure the people demanding things need to be kept in check to a certain degree, or else the developers with sensitive feelings like Geohotz go off and cry in a corner. But if they leave others will fill the spots, BECAUSE JAILBREAKING IS A PROFITABLE BUSINESS.

If everything was free on cydia i would totally agree with you and i would flame these newbies as well; but please educate yourself on the point of view they have, or you just look like a jerk.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Following comex and the rest of the dev team on twitter is really all you need for up-to-date news.
    Cool. I've done that. I hope to hear from them soon. It kind of sucked giving my father-in-law a non-working gift.

C'mon dev team, my rep with the in-laws is in your hands! :-)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    [SARCASM ON] Who? What? Where am I? Who is JB, anyway? James Bond? OMG, I bricked it! [SARCASM OFF]
    "Beiber!" (you're skrewed!) haaa i can't believe i just did that!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bornslacker View Post
    cool. I've done that. I hope to hear from them soon. It kind of sucked giving my father-in-law a non-working gift.

C'mon dev team, my rep with the in-laws is in your hands! :-)
    lol :d
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibednego View Post
    updated to 4.2.1 on ipad , jail broke with new redsn0w ,,, but cydia wont open,,, anyone know why?

Cydia needs an update to work with 4.2.1
    iPhone 4 with 4.1 Out of the box

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!READ OUT---------------------------------------------

sometimes I think its just me or this forum.... I read on other forums and websites that the Jailbreak has already been done for 4.2.1..since it came for the DEV only.. and also that they manage to JB it cause there was nothin special about it..
    And now come MMI with that ther eis no JB for 4.2.1 ?

WHATT? I think MMi needs to check their writers.. sometimes this forum is VERY late with NEWS whyle other website like Engadget or other Forums are 1 day early with the news...
    -------------------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MMI is not the valuable resource that it once was, especially when it comes to valuable UP TP DATE information. Like you said even Engadget beats them with news, lol. It still has a very large community though, so it remains as something i check in on from time to time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just'N View Post
    I agree with the top part of your rant, and see your point on the bottom. And although this is always beaten like a dead horse, as long as you and others keep posting things like "NOTHING IS OWED TO YOU;" you will have people like me educating you on the conflicting point of view.

When a business is started (cydia) and said business starts charging for it's services (apps); support for such things is required. It is expected from companies large and small, so why are you fascinated? This isn't like in the old days, when most of the apps and tweaks where free, and the common hacker lifestyle of creating codes and passing them on to be tweaked and evolved was accepted. Once the jailbreak scene became a "business" (if you will), it took on the responsibilities associated with becoming a "business." Sure the people demanding things need to be kept in check to a certain degree, or else the developers with sensitive feelings like Geohotz go off and cry in a corner. But if they leave others will fill the spots, BECAUSE JAILBREAKING IS A PROFITABLE BUSINESS.

If everything was free on cydia i would totally agree with you and i would flame these newbies as well; but please educate yourself on the point of view they have, or you just look like a jerk.
    I see your point, but correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Cydia (the business) ride on the backs of the jailbreak community devs who do what they do, for free?

If that's the case, the people "demanding" their jailbreak are kind of ...well... turds for demanding something from people who are providing a free service and their time?

Plus, regardless of whether or not money is involved... being a turd to the people you need/want things from probably isn't smart.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornSlacker For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-22-2010), frankydabull (11-22-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get why Apple AirPrint is not working my Printer if I run the HP app I can print but if I run AirPrint from my iPad I can't find it it make no sence at all.

Thanks
    WTFFFF! plz inform me on this one: i just updated from ITUNES (Iphone 3gs) and i don't have my new Ringtones, and the new multitask cinematic doesn't work..just the old one...wth???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default mmmmmmm nice
    Ok anybody no if the bluetooth updates will allow as last to send files ? Anybody !!! or when is are the developers of Bluenova from cydia guna make an app that will actually work !!

Cheers from Brian

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ugh, I want the 4.2 and I also want a jailbreak

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you guys found any new text tones in the final 4.2.1?
    It is nice to assign a new text tone to a contact, but if you only have 6 of them and 5 you can not use it is pretty useless.