Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Drops Today

Quote Originally Posted by athleticswimmer View Post
    hope so soon....cuz im not gonna update unless there is.
    Got to wait cause we don't know if it will upgrade the baseband for unlockers?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,538 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple TV is expected to be updated to 4.1 today which will fully enable AirPlay for video streaming which is what I'm really waiting for!
    Isnt Apple TV already on 4.1. Or do you mean LowTide will be updating to 4.1?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Ummm lol... whatever update is coming today will enable video streaming b/c right now all you can do is audio streaming.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...monday_launch/

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

so am i reading this right 6 PM now???

Thanks
    Thanked 15,538 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Ummm lol... whatever update is coming today will enable video streaming b/c right now all you can do is audio streaming.

Apple TV 4.1 Set for Monday Launch | News | The Mac Observer
    lol, in any case that will be a welcome addition.

Quote Originally Posted by m/ibnzicemanm/ View Post
    don't criticize me for being clueless but is there anything that would make it worthwhile for me to upgrade my 3g to iOS 4.2?
    yes your Iphone 3g should load things up faster, with less lagg

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dominicsky For This Useful Post:

\m/ibnziceman\m/ (11-22-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    so am i reading this right 6 PM now???
    Source?

Thanks

Nevermind. I read 6 PM GMT. I was thinking 10 AM east coast time for some reason. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by m/ibnzicemanm/ View Post
    exactly. i don't know why i can get all of iOS4's functionality to work on my 3G but apple can't.
    EXACTLY!! if we can enable everything with a simple plist edit, why cant apple!

Thanks

Sorry my clocks all screwed up, i am in italy right now and i was thinking it was past 10 over there. Sweet should be about 30 more minutes.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 11-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.

I am guessing there are reason why apple does not make certain features available to the older models. One is probably because the cpu can't handle those features to run smoothly. Then the complaint would be "Now my 3G runs SLOW". It's a no win situation in the complaint department. Can't make everyone happy.
    The other reason would be is because they want you to buy the current model. After all it's a business, you also have to take that into consideration. You can complain about it until the cows come home. Live with it or move on. Nothing you can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    but its def past 10 AM Pacific time so whats up apple, wheres our update?
    Only 9:32 PST. I know, I'm in the time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLingerLonger View Post
    I am guessing there are reason why apple does not make certain features available to the older models. One is probably because the cpu can't handle those features to run smoothly. Then the complaint would be "Now my 3G runs SLOW". It's a no win situation in the complaint department. Can't make everyone happy.
    The other reason would be is because they want you to buy the current model. After all it's a business, you also have to take that into consideration. You can complain about it until the cows come home. Live with it or move on. Nothing you can do about it.
    i see your point but when my 3g is gonna be slow either way i would rather it be slow and have functionality than be slow with no functionality. it is all business but its not very good business to screw over your customers. that could convince some people to start looking at droids or some other smart phone

Quote Originally Posted by caleb9707 View Post
    EXACTLY!! if we can enable everything with a simple plist edit, why cant apple!
    Of course Apple can. But they wont. They just want you to upgrade to a new iphone. Im sure that soon there will be no more support or updates for the 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by Vish
    Was hoping there would be something with proximity sensor fixes. As i'm still having issues with mine.
    I'm having proximity sensor issues as well. Friday I muted a call with my supervisor while I was in a data center. That still doesn't top the time I dialed 911 with my face while on another call.

As soon as this update drops, I'm flashing and going to the Apple store with a clean/unjailbroken phone and seeing if they'll replace it...6 months is too long to deal with this crap.

Doug

Hell yeah!!! There were already apps that did this but the GPS tracking wasn;t in real time!!! It was in intervals. Thank god this is free now I'll never be afraid to lose my iphone!! w00t now lets wait for the jailbreak and i'll update!
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    Of course Apple can. But they wont. They just want you to upgrade to a new iphone. Im sure that soon there will be no more support or updates for the 3G.
    this is what I'm afraid of. my phone will end up being as useless as an original iphone soon

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Apple does everything 10am PST which translates to 1pm for use on the right coast.

.........and que the demands for the jb/unlock. This thread is about to be flooded with nubcakes who locked their phone 2 months ago :
    O Ya Duh, guess I should read the whole OP before posting. My bad! Thanks

Thanks
    updatinggg..
    edit.
    Last edited by Peligro0; 11-22-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast