+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Id Software’s Rage Comes to iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Id Software has released Rage , an on-rails first-person shooter for iOS. The game is visually stunning, and is a great demonstration of just how good an iOS game can
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Id Software’s Rage Comes to iOS

Id Software has released Rage, an on-rails first-person shooter for iOS. The game is visually stunning, and is a great demonstration of just how good an iOS game can look. Video games have really come a long way since the iPhone was first introduced three years ago, and game developers like Id continue to push the iOS hardware to its visual limits.

Id Software’s Doom Resurrection was released back in ’09 and it was quite a visual treat back then. Now that Rage is available in the App Store, the bar has been raised once again. Rage is available in two flavors, a standard version ($.99) and Rage HD ($1.99) with higher resolution textures and graphics. Rage HD is definitely the one to check out, but the game requires at least a third generation iOS device or an iPad.

Rage is a rather short game, as it only has three levels. If you’ve played Doom Resurrection then you’ll feel right at home playing Rage. The game play is limited, as it is on-rails, but it works quite well on the iPhone. There’s the usual assortment of guns and ammo to pick up along the way and cash to collect also. Mutants come at you from every angle and some even throw bricks at you.

The game is more of an iPhone preview of Id’s forthcoming console version of Rage, which looks to be another genre defining game by John Carmack. This version of Rage introduces players to a whole new post-apocalyptic wasteland full of new challenges and a wide array of mutants to kill. It should be fun when it comes out in September of next year. For now though, we’ll just have to enjoy the iPhone version in all of its mutant blasting glory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddPvsX1q-Y&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - RAGE Tenement[/ame]

Source: Cult of Mac
    Last edited by Wiley John Wright; 11-21-2010 at 11:29 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wiley John Wright For This Useful Post:

creasy (11-22-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Extremely late to the party on this one!

The game is pretty sick though, especially for only two dollars.

Thanks

Graphics are awesome! Rail game is ok, add some more levels. Def worth $1.99

Thanks

Heard it was decent. Not really willing to spend 1.99$ on it just yet though. Maybe play a friends first or something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    Heard it was decent. Not really willing to spend 1.99$ on it just yet though. Maybe play a friends first or something.
    It's a damn $1.99, not $199.00. I don't understand why people are such sticklers about the price of things on iTunes and Cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    It's a damn $1.99, not $199.00. I don't understand why people are such sticklers about the price of things on iTunes and Cydia.
    College isn't free. And going to school full time while trying to work as much as possible as well isn't easy. So ever dollar counts. Literally.

Thanks

College isn't free. And going to school full time while trying to work as much as possible as well isn't easy. So ever dollar counts. Literally.
    He is right, if you are attending college without any help from parents, well then you've got to save up every possible dollar.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Man this is old news now lol... Modmyi what's going on? Step your game up :P
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    He is right, if you are attending college without any help from parents, well then you've got to save up every possible dollar.
    Pretty much on my own dude. Managed to buy myself a nice little honda. Paying that off right now, had an iphone 3GS that i bought before i moved out but just transferred it to my own plan now. Apartment. Food. Utilities. 3 jobs and 17 hours of courses. And looking into going into the marines. Meh i'm only slightly busy.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Mortopher is right!!! Its a WHOLE $2. Buy coffee at the grocery store. Make it at home, and skip the Starbucks for a day. BUY the game for Christ's sake.

Not a coffee drinker?? Pack a lunch! I'm a college grad, so i can understand the tightness of funds. One night off from the bars, and you could purchase about 20 of these games. If you want it, buy it. Let's not act as though it's a $5-$10 app/game that you may not be pleased with after purchase. IT'S 2 DOLLARS!!!!

Give these develepors the break they're looking for. Just like the break you are all trying to achieve going to school. It's all about working on what you enjoy, and making a profit off of it.

Almost all of us spend /at least/ $2 every day on things that we don't /really/ need.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 11-22-2010 at 01:18 AM.
    StealthBravo is my Hero!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    Graphics are awesome! Rail game is ok, add some more levels. Def worth $1.99
    You are so focking right cause these days all the new games want to charge for levels. When the levels should be inclusive. Or just put every thing an charge more.

Thanks

I don't do bars. Do eat at the house. And Starbucks never really caught on with me. Sure it's just two dollars but that could go towards others things and eventually it adds up. I think the only game I have on my Phone that I've paid for is angry birds. Everything else was a FAAD promotion and I have a pretty hefty library of apps. It's not hard to do. Just have to wait.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    No. It is 2 dollars. There is no grand picture here. It's two measly dollars. If your budget is that tight, then you should sell the iPhone and go buy an iPod and a standard Nokia with a minimal cost phone plan.

People need to realize that iPhones, HTC EVOs, Droid Xs, etc. are purely items of luxury. These are not necessities in the slightest bit whatsoever. They are pricey toys, nothing more, nothing less.

i'm not trying to criticize you or anything, I am just tired of hearing being so stingy when it comes 1 and 2 dollar items.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

h2a (11-22-2010), JA.3 (11-22-2010), Jahooba (11-22-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

No. It is 2 dollars. There is no grand picture here. It's two measly dollars. If your budget is that tight, then you should sell the iPhone and go buy an iPod and a standard Nokia with a minimal cost phone plan.

People need to realize that iPhones, HTC EVOs, Droid Xs, etc. are purely items of luxury. These are not necessities in the slightest bit whatsoever. They are pricey toys, nothing more, nothing less.

i'm not trying to criticize you or anything, I am just tired of hearing being so stingy when it comes 1 and 2 dollar items.

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy ****, doom has been out this whole time. How did I over look that?
    [SIGPIC]

Thanks

Word!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ShredNasty For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (11-22-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

I hate those games that are on rails.
    If you could walk through it yourself it would be a great game but as you dont have a choice when you move it SUCKS!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Put that two dollars in a saving box and after day by day like that u will have good amount of money after few months which you can use later on for good things

Don't know y u pplz are arguing if someone doesn't want to buy than it's not a big deal doesn't matter it's a doller or two

iPhone? More like MyPhone VampireV's Avatar
    Thanks

putting this out there, could be the best game I've played on the iphone so far
    Follow me on twitter @inappmatt check out my YouTube stupidity Youtube.com/Inappropriatematt (NSFW)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're in that tight of a budget you shouldn't have an iPhone in the first place. And unless you can tell me you NEVER EVER eat out, then you're a hypocrite because you more than likely spend more on a cup of coffee.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

eg6motion (11-22-2010)