+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Fallout from Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak "Misquote"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has turned the blogosphere upside down twice this past week. First, in a recently published interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, Wozniak was quoted saying that
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default More Fallout from Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak "Misquote"

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has turned the blogosphere upside down twice this past week. First, in a recently published interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, Wozniak was quoted saying that smartphones running Google's Android mobile operating system will likely have a better and brighter future than Apple's very own iPhone. It's a comment that got everyone in the tech space talking, including PC World, which published the following on Thursday:

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak thinks Android will eventually beat the iPhone as a mobile-phone platform in much the same way Windows computers squeezed Apple's market share in the PC market.
    As word of Woz's comments spread like wildfire, the Apple co-founder soon reached out to various media sources to set the record straight. According to Woz, he was "misquoted." And everyone ran with the "misquote." So what did Woz really say? More importantly, what did he mean? Assuming he isn't being misquoted again, Wozniak now says he would "never" make such a sweeping statement about Android being better than iOS.

Wozniak is clearly backpedaling from this "misquote", likely feeling the backlash from Apple-bashing. Wozniak now says that his comments about Android devices becoming more popular than the iPhone are simply based on what he's reading. His reiteration of those comments was not a statement of personal belief. Wozniak wants the world to know that he doesn't necessarily think that Android is superior to the iOS. Naturally, the latest round of comments from Woz leaves many Apple fans to believe that the Apple co-founder was simply misquoted by a publication looking to stir the pot. Others, however, feel Woz simply stated his beliefs too liberally and is now busy with damage control.

So was Woz really misquoted... or did he simply say too much? You be the judge.

PC World

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I dont think it was a misquote at all

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul09 "0 thanks" View Post
    first

trololol

i reckon he's backpedaling
    this is why you'll never be "thanked"....haha just a joke.
    Last edited by athleticswimmer; 11-21-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

No worries, someone isnt first anymore

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

staterunner180 (11-22-2010)

Thanks

Yeah, I remember reading this "misquote" a few days ago on another site. I didn't get the feeling that he was reading someone else's comments, I thought he was just being honest.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

perhaps he told 2 much.......
    face it...Android has many options open..but..not so Fancy as iOS......on the other hand..if iOS could just open up a lil bit more it cpuld deliver more and more power options..

For ecxample CHANGE THE UI...we are since 2004 with this UI....We pleaded for Notification panel..somehow Apple hire a man from WEBOS designer to design a Notification panel for iOS...what did we heard of it ? NOTHIN
    Palm loses webOS notifications architect to Apple -- Engadget

Those lillte things are the thing apple need to work on it... if not..We are going to lose the market..cause Android is coming with lot of options...buttt

Android may lose also very fast...the faster you come up..the fastest you go down....What I mean is that you see Android everywhere..tablet..phone.picture scroller..Toilet..what else/? they put the darn thing everywhere..and soon they are going to be going down ..cause they are pumping it to hard to go into the market and they are giving all options into the OS ...thats the bad thing about them..cause if you give your client all the options in one time..its gonna get boring..maybe that why Apple is pushing step by step and giving us all the things we need one by one ????

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think that he really thinks Android will be superior, specially because it is open source and there is way more devs making the OS better and creating custom ROMs and take full advantage of the device capabilities, unlike Apple just doing a little a the time, to make sure we, consumers, always get their new device every year

Thanks

Rule number 1 of life: Don't f*** with the Woz.
    He's gonna use his superpowers and everyone from this Dutch Newspaper might "accidently" dissapear
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

I can't judge. Misquote or honesty?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

In terms of market share of course Android will over take iOS. iOS is on 3 devices at the moment and only from one device manufacturer.
    Android however is on so many more range of devices and manufacturers. Pretty soon any smartphone that isn't an iPhone will be running Android.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    In terms of market share of course Android will over take iOS. iOS is on 3 devices at the moment and only from one device manufacturer.
    Android however is on so many more range of devices and manufacturers. Pretty soon any smartphone that isn't an iPhone will be running Android.
    iOS is on 4 devices, not 3.

Thanks

I just want to know which one he has ios or android?
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Android will eventually gain much of the market share simply because the OS can be installed on a wide range of devices from crap to awesome. Apple will settle into a role similar to the one it occupies in the PC realm - premium. Although... the iPhone 4 16GB phone is exactly the same price as Win7 and upper level Android devices ($199 with 2 year contract) and the plans are very close in price as well - around $135-155 for two lines.

I personally did quite a bit of research on the new Win7 phones and the latest Android phones - I have been impressed with the G2 and Nexus 2 - but I found all of the non-iOS phones lacking in various departments that I am not willing to compromise on. IMO the iPhone 4 is the best all-around phone on the market.

Thats being objective - not being a fanboy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (11-21-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I dont think it was a misquote at all
    I agree Woz is probably still pissed cause Steve ripped that guys *** for taking the iPhone 4 out to Woz at a mall somewhere and I'm sure Steve probably yelled at Woz for asking and not emailing Steve personally to beg to see the newest phone.

Sent from my iPhone using

Thanks

I don't know or care about the statement, but one thing that's clear is that you can run the Android OS on the iPhone but not the opposite. My money would be on the OS that worked with everything. Apple's biggest error with the iPhone (and iPad) is the closed system concept they've got going on. Open things up and more people will play with it, and then more will buy it and run it. They've sold many units over the past few years, but now they face stiff competition. Let's see if market forces create a new Apple paradigm or if they just start to hunker in the bunker.
    Senior

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

rocky5 (11-22-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    iOS is on 4 devices, not 3.
    Ah yes, forgot about Apple TV. It's not really in the same league as iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch tho. Those 3 can pretty much do the same things as each other minus some hardware specific things.

Thanks

Kinda random, but The social network Part2 feat. Apple would be a cool movie to watch ;P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

more like a remake or a sequel to pirates of silicon valley, its good movie, you should give it a watch

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Kinda random, but The social network Part2 feat. Apple would be a cool movie to watch ;P
    more like a remake or a sequel to pirates of silicon valley, its good movie, you should give it a watch
    Last edited by vruls; 11-21-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to vruls For This Useful Post:

Quaddy (11-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post

For ecxample CHANGE THE UI...we are since 2004 with this UI....
    WTF are you talking about, the first iPhone came out in 2007. And learn to speak English.
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd still take my iPhone over any android phone I've used or seen currently but hey maybe one day I'll be logging into the android forum and ranting about their products ..

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast