+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More Fallout from Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak "Misquote"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo No worries, someone isnt first anymore True there can never be a "first post" because the post is first, you could be second though, and be
    iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    No worries, someone isnt first anymore
    True there can never be a "first post" because the post is first, you could be second though, and be the sh*t though
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome !!!! and That's how it should be

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Woz says what he means. He's NOT a stupid person by any means as we all know. It's his opinion however he HAS been waiting in line with the rest of the early adopters every time when Apple releases a new product.

If I was Steve I would take him seriously and pay attention to Android NOW to find what makes it "better" in Woz's opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    iOS is on 4 devices, not 3.
    C'mon, ATV doesn't really run iOS. It runs iOS as much as the iPhone ran OS X in 2007. Maybe the core OS is the same, like the iPhone's is to OS X, but it's not really the same thing, at least until it starts running an app store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think he wasnt really misquoted, but he was just kind of stating that it would be a more widespread platfrom (bcause of multiple devices)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elfboyz View Post
    i think he wasnt really misquoted, but he was just kind of stating that it would be a more widespread platfrom (bcause of multiple devices)
    Yeah, that's what he says in the "misquote".
    He also says that Android isn't as good as iOS right now, but he says it's openness will lead to it being better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Rule number 1 of life: Don't f*** with the Woz.
    He's gonna use his superpowers and everyone from this Dutch Newspaper might "accidently" dissapear
    that wouldn't surprise me at all haha

Thanks

Apple should do two things. Start a free iPhone developer membership were you can publish apps but they get a significantly larger % of the sales if it is a paid app. Also a Theme store. Summer board was around for a long time then winterboard why not fallboard (by apple). Also if not a theme store why not at least a wallpaper store. THis would help digital artist out so much

Thanks

Yeah they could use some Android features like being able to tweak stuff such as keyboards. It'd be cool to see some big names making keyboards. Right now in Cydia, the keyboard section is just filled with I think over sixty foreign keyboards and two keyboards to help you type faster. They both suck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Yeah they could use some Android features like being able to tweak stuff such as keyboards. It'd be cool to see some big names making keyboards. Right now in Cydia, the keyboard section is just filled with I think over sixty foreign keyboards and two keyboards to help you type faster. They both suck.
    Agreed, and 90% of the keyboards are outdated and only work with iOS2.x devices since the more recent ones patched it. It would be amazing if Apple really did open a "Theme Store" and Logitech or other big companies design keyboard skins for the iOS platform.
    VinhSon Nguyen
    Motion Graphics Designer

If I helped you in any way, please don't hesitate to click the "Thanks" button!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone 4 is the best all round phone on the market and Apple haven't released a true major update since well never as the UI hasn't changed at all and just small features have been added.

Android will over take iOS around the world. I like how I can customize Android more. iOS is pretty boring, same apps, same UI but it has fun games and about 95% of App Store apps are crap, same with Android Market.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone cjgonzales1900's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I dont think it was a misquote at all
    Android is by far more popular, it is on many, many devices, so if i was Woz, I would have said the same thing, iOS may be around but not the leader in the future.
    "Answering 1 Question at a Time."

iPhone 4: 32GB iOS 4.1 JB
    MacBook Pro 13.3": 2.26ghz/4GB/160GB SL 10.6.5
    iMac 21.5": 3.06ghz/4GB/500GB SL 10.6.5

Thanks

I think it's funny how this sounds EXACTLY like Mac and Windows and Apple still won't do anything differently. That isn't a comment on which one is better, either. I'm just saying about the only adding two major features a year

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Technically speaking android has already beaten iPhone. There are more Android handsets out there than there are iPhones.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Banned
    Thanks

He's right, Google Android will be (if NOT already) superior to Apple OS.
    but probably due to it being "open source" and people are not restricted on Android they way they are on iOS.

Master Themer (aka gaBzii) jokerg7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,067 Posts

Honestly it wasn't very smart of him to say. So it's just down to damage control. He makes a good point though. Android has plenty of options whereas Apple has one. If they rolled out a couple of different looking phones they'd fill a bigger consumer demand and dominate fully. And I'm saying just have 3 different phones. That's all they really need. Current iPhone model. One with a keyboard and a flip phone and there set for life...until something new comes out lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

he seems like such a cheery guy!

Also, this article is very interesting
    Last edited by jiniej; 11-21-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "foreign corporations > swedish law"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ha ha, yeah cool, I remember reading this story a few days ago on another site. Thanks for clarifying it a bit ModMyi staff writers. Looking forward to reading about the tethered 4.2.1 jailbreak released today as reported by other sites on THIS SITE in 2 or 3 days!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NessLookAlike For This Useful Post:

Tyronal (11-22-2010)

Thanks

If Windows slip through the cracks, then Android will slip through the cracks.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    If Windows slip through the cracks, then Android will slip through the cracks.
    Is Windows slipping through the cracks? And do you mean quantity or quality. Because every Linux OS I've tried is better than XP. Which is saying something considering one is Gentoo and I've never tried a major one like Red Hat or Ubuntu. I've never tried Mac though. Or are you saying Windows Phone Seven?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

Tyronal (11-22-2010)