Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 Kits Bring Teen $130K & Threats

I wonder how many people will buy the kit just to say they have a White iPhone and but a cover of another color over it.

The company probably did a short run of white equipment and this guy has gotten his hands on some rejects or end of run.

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    BlackG35: You ordered from this site and had those issues? I was considering using this site.. Should I not?
    Yeah ordered from his site, both slightly defective. I even ordered one kit from iResq which was also slightly damaged.

It seems like all these kits are rejects that are finding there way via black market to people who are willing to pay. I think thats why all these kits are so expensive.

The best white kit I bought actually came from cnn.cn. It was the most expensive, I think almost $400 with shipping, but it was the best quality kit I seen so far.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyone know what the wallpaper is in that advertised photo :-)?

Quote Originally Posted by madczech View Post
    What do you wanna say with that??

I'm saying that he's an adult with a job, not a kid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheet0 View Post
    Because if someone buys it after the official white ones are released and doesn't know it isn't an official Apple quality they could assume Apple makes piss poor products. This based on the lack of quality mentioned in the above posts.
    That's the reason, huh? The single, solitary reason? Hmmm, I'm just guessing, but wouldn't the fact that for each one of these kits sold, apple potentially loses revenue, be a more logical reason? If someone buys this kit they're not going to buy a white iPhone from apple, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming.llama View Post
    I'm saying that he's an adult with a job, not a kid.
    "Adults with Jobs" and "Kids with Jobs" and "Kids" are not all mutually exclusive categories.
    There's something of a transition involved, and not everyone succeeds with that transition.

"Adults with Jobs" can become "Adults without Jobs" pretty easily too.
    Unless your name is Steve; some of them had Jobs from birth and will probably be stuck with them for life.

I can't believe all the attorneys we have in here that are fluent in not only Chinese law but are knowledgeable in the contents of Apple's contract with Foxconn.

Personally, I think someone is taking them out of the "To Be Destroyed" bin, figuring no harm, no foul, they are going to the trash anyways. Might even be someone higher up as I though Apple required them to be pretty secure with this kind of stuff, which would be why Apple is really throwing a fit. They might be able to get him to kill himself too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BSmith For This Useful Post:

raduga (11-19-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Pretty damn exspensive for the whole white kit if you ask me, $279.00 for the whole thing, $169.00 for front + home button and $135.00 for just the back panel.
    That's your problem, not his. People with the cash are buyin.

and F apple.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Some serious stuff
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

ya i wouldnt want to get an email like that. I might hit the spam button haha

Wish there was a cheaper way!

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    I can't believe all the attorneys we have in here that are fluent in not only Chinese law but are knowledgeable in the contents of Apple's contract with Foxconn.

Personally, I think someone is taking them out of the "To Be Destroyed" bin, figuring no harm, no foul, they are going to the trash anyways. Might even be someone higher up as I though Apple required them to be pretty secure with this kind of stuff, which would be why Apple is really throwing a fit. They might be able to get him to kill himself too.

all apple is gonna do is release the white 4's in the spring so everybody thats been waitin will get one. everybody who's anybody with apple products know they upgrade the iphone's every summer (iphone 5?!?!).. when smart people like this kid have pretty much proved apple is lying with the whole "supply" thing that has supposedly been keeping them from releasin the white 4's it messes up their whole strategy.. speaking of the iphone 5.. a 3D screen maybe?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devin_deville View Post
    all apple is gonna do is release the white 4's in the spring so everybody thats been waitin will get one. everybody who's anybody with apple products know they upgrade the iphone's every summer (iphone 5?!?!).. when smart people like this kid have pretty much proved apple is lying with the whole "supply" thing that has supposedly been keeping them from releasin the white 4's it messes up their whole strategy.. speaking of the iphone 5.. a 3D screen maybe?
    You obviously don't read too much. The whole white iphone thing has nothing to do with supply fool. The manufacturing process is throwing up inconsistent results, meaning different shades of white being produced. So all the prototype batches had to be trashed. Someone has obviously stolen them, which makes anyone in possession of these kits, in possession of stolen goods. Understand now? The guys a fool if he thought these weren't going to bring some heat on himself. So stealing is ok? Selling stolen goods is ok? Buying stolen goods is ok? Oh, it's ok as long as it's Apple right? BTW, modding your phone with these kits voids your warranty.

Selling stolen prototypes undermines the whole quality control Apple are so anal about. If Apple sold differing shades of white iphones, all you guys would be b1tching from here til sunday. As the saying goes, never let fools and idiots see a job half done.
    Last edited by Tyronal; 11-22-2010 at 04:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenextkiller View Post
    Anyone know that homescreen wallpaper
    I searched and searched and finally found it!

Thanks

well looks like apple got to him
    his site is now down
    Web hosting, domain name registration and web services by 1&1 Internet

I recently purchased their product and it was good quality
    iPhone 4 16 g
    iPad 16g 3G

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345