+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 Kits Bring Teen $130K & Threats

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
They may be legit parts, but they are stolen. Apple owns all original parts in China, if he is getting original parts and Apple is not the one who sells
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They may be legit parts, but they are stolen.
    Apple owns all original parts in China, if he is getting original parts and Apple is not the one who sells it = stolen parts. Can this kid prove that it is legally purchased? I highly doubt it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

go buy this kit...it will make your iphone bling...
    i have an iphone 3gs white, but my case it's plastic
    apple didn't release the white version of iphone 4 because of the light...it ruins your photos...it goes through the glass and your photos have a white circle or something...
    if someone that bought this kit comes here and says it doesn't do that, then you have the wrong back cover
    apple would have released this white version by now

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

And?

The kid is making money. If people are willing to pay what he asks, and he doesn't misrepresent the product, then he made good money. Very smart kid, props to him.

He should definitely go into business, knowing Mandarin will only help. He obviously knows how to think business already.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

Good luck Man, I have my word of support!
    iPhone 4 16 GB + iMac 24" 2.9GHz + MBP 13" 2,2GHZ = AAPL 4 EVAAAA!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    They may be legit parts, but they are stolen.
    Apple owns all original parts in China, if he is getting original parts and Apple is not the one who sells it = stolen parts. Can this kid prove that it is legally purchased? I highly doubt it.
    I agree.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Why does Apple care if people want to spend their money on an iPhone that isn't Apple quality, and can never be taken into an Apple store since the warranty is voided upon the opening of the device?

And HOW is this considered STEALING? I've heard of ludicrous accusations before, but this one takes the cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Thanks

They contradict themselves on the site they say one minute that they are OEM then non-OEM the next

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Gizmodo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ert6ic View Post
    p.s: the full kit properly cost him less than shipping he charged, LOL
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone xerray's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty damn exspensive for the whole white kit if you ask me, $279.00 for the whole thing, $169.00 for front + home button and $135.00 for just the back panel.
    It Takes One To Know One

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xerray View Post
    Pretty damn exspensive for the whole white kit if you ask me, $279.00 for the whole thing, $169.00 for front + home button and $135.00 for just the back panel.
    Everyday he's hustlin'..hustlin..hustl-hustlin'..hustlin'..........

Don't worry. I'm sure he'll be assassinated by Apple's ninjas in less than 48 hours.

Anybody retarded enough to actually pay for this kit and more specifically $135 for a back panel when a brand new Apple black replacement back panel costs $30 deserves to squander away their money on a COLOR CHANGE for their phone.
    Last edited by RICO_; 11-17-2010 at 07:59 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Way too expensive for this kit, and if these parts are actually Apple parts and were obtained illegally, I hope it costs this kid twice as much in legal fees than what he has made.

To all of you stupid-*** people that condone stealing and think just because it's "Apple" it's "OK" to rip them off, I hope someone steals your iPhone, car, or whatever else you value just so the hypocrite in you gets exposed as you cry about it to 9-1-1. Idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Thanks

I want just the white home button. Wonder if I can get one. Jazz mine up a little. That would even be more rare than the white one when they come out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staterunner180 View Post
    Why does Apple care if people want to spend their money on an iPhone that isn't Apple quality, and can never be taken into an Apple store since the warranty is voided upon the opening of the device?
    Because if someone buys it after the official white ones are released and doesn't know it isn't an official Apple quality they could assume Apple makes piss poor products. This based on the lack of quality mentioned in the above posts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone know that homescreen wallpaper
    Am firin ma lasah

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Good profit as my company can get kit for $128 each plus shipping to the uk
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Way too expensive for this kit, and if these parts are actually Apple parts and were obtained illegally, I hope it costs this kid twice as much in legal fees than what he has made.

To all of you stupid-*** people that condone stealing and think just because it's "Apple" it's "OK" to rip them off, I hope someone steals your iPhone, car, or whatever else you value just so the hypocrite in you gets exposed as you cry about it to 9-1-1. Idiots.
    If the seller he's buying parts from got them when they 'fell of the back of a truck' in Shenzhen, its theft, plain enough.
    _____

If the seller then turned around and told this kid what he wanted to hear: that the parts were legitimately produced by Foxconn (or someone else), purchased from the manufacturer at a nice [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanxi"].[/ame] discount, the poor kid might have no idea they were stolen property. Its arguable that he could have/should have figured it out by now, but unless he gets confirmation from Foxconn that the deal was fishy- he won't really know either way.
    _____

It's also possible that the parts are grey-market; that some manager-type guy from "iPod City" resold the parts to the merchant who shipped them to the US - without breaking Chinese law, but in breach of the agreement Foxconn has with Apple.

I can't tell for sure, but I suspect its the third option, maybe the second. If our American friend is selling parts that were transferred out of Foxconn *illegally*, then he's breaking the law too. (Unintentionally, but you can still get nailed).
    But if our American friend is selling parts that were transferred out of Foxconn under shady-but-commonplace circumstances- if its not something you could get imprisoned, fined or shot for doing in China, he's not a thief.

Apple can still crush him to bits with their force of law, and strong allegations he's fencing stolen property- not because they actually believe he's a thief or a fence, but because they want him to divulge his sources who may-or-may-not-be-thieves, but who definitely will be in serious trouble shortly.

Its tricky.
    If its a fraud, and he was in on the fraud from the beginning, he's a bad guy.

If its a fraud, and he was an "innocent victim" shame on him, but poor him

If its not a fraud, but standard corrupt business practice in the provinces, o well. Innocent enough, but failed to grasp that guanxi doesn't translate well into the American marketplace....

EDIT:
    If anyone else got the PM, first_dominator fails to grasp that spam doesn't translate well into MMi....
    Last edited by raduga; 11-17-2010 at 08:54 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to raduga For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (11-17-2010)

Master Themer (aka gaBzii) jokerg7's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    why isn't anyone mentioning the fact that you have to be completely out of your mind to pay $300+ to have your iPhone converted to white.
    Thank you! Finally someone with some brains!

AKA westonben
    Thanks

Possession of stolen goods is not theft. But it is a crime if he knew the goods were stolen and he could get prosecuted.

If he didn't know the goods were stolen, then the parts will still get seized and returned to the owner (presumably Foxconn).

If he continues to sell the goods now then it's getting more serious for him. If you buy one, then you are in possession of stolen goods too!

Either way, it looks like he's going to lose the stock he hasn't already sold.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

the tricky legal issue is that if he's selling the backs with the apple logo, he's gotta give royalties to apple and needs approval from apple. otherwise, he can legally do whatever he wants