+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's New In Cydia: Notifier+, Parallax, iDiscrete JB...

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Notifier+ Requires iOS 3.2 or higher Notifier+ is the debut release of the application "Notifier", supporting our beloved iOS 4.x. Notifier+ allows the user to create and schedule reminders for
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default What's New In Cydia: Notifier+, Parallax, iDiscrete JB...

Notifier+
    Requires iOS 3.2 or higher

Notifier+ is the debut release of the application "Notifier", supporting our beloved iOS 4.x. Notifier+ allows the user to create and schedule reminders for all sorts of actions built into iOS. Support is available for Calls, Voicemail, Messages, Email, IM's, Calendar Events and Invitations.

Notifier+ even lets you set your own custom sounds to these reminders by simply adding your desired audio files in a specified folder.

Available in Cydia at a special introductory price of $1.99.

Parallax
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxFhPuUvjAQ[/ame]

Parallax is a tweak that allows you to use scrolling wallpapers. The effect can simulate something like the Android devices do. It is recommended that iPhone 3G users avoid using this tweak, as it simply does not handle the processing that well.

Available in Cydia for $1.49

iDiscrete JB

"iDiscrete operates on a simple principle: "To securely store your private content (videos, images, et al.) on the iPhone, and do so in a 100% discreet way." iDiscrete employs its patented Touch Sequence Protection™ to do away with passcodes and passwords. This works by bringing up a nondescript "Loading" screen upon entry to the application, which registers touch input in 8 separate locations. The user has predefined their desired Touch Sequence, which can be as simple or as complicated as they wish. The Loading screen will only grant access to iDiscrete if the correct Touch Sequence is entered. Otherwise, when the Touch Sequence Timeout expires without receiving the correct sequence, the app will boot to a generic-looking text entry interface.

You may have heard of iDiscrete in the App Store, but don't confuse it with this version. iDiscrete JB is the TRUE version of the app, the way they originally intended it, without Apple's silly restrictions!

This app is available in Cydia for $2.49.

No Badges
    Simply hides all homescreen icon badges. It's Free in Cydia.

My3G Update
    I would detail the changes, but they aren't listed.

PowerAlerter
    With this tweak, you will get alerts (visual, haptic and audio) if the charge of your iOS device will drop under a certain percentage. Available in Cydia for $1.50
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 11-16-2010 at 07:46 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-16-2010), lucfaustin (11-17-2010), reaves205 (11-16-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Parallax is sweet

UiK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What's new in iOS 4.2 damnit!

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

might try idescrete, sounds cool, ive just never really needed an app like that
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sh33436 View Post
    Parallax is sweet
    yea i've been using it for a few weeks it's pretty tight!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'll do this in order:

1) Notifier: might come in handy, may pick it up if I get the urge to try a new toy.

2) Parallax: could be cool, but finding a wallpaper, with enough quality to actually be amazing, would be challenging for the resolution on the i4.

3) iDiscrete: no real need for this myself, but I picked it up last week because I want to hide some of those text pics we all get from the kids' eyes, lol. Seems pretty cool so far.

4) No Badges: definitely picking this up, I HATE those icons!

5) My3G: I hate that they release updates without notes.

6) PowerAlerter: Do people really need this?
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

parallex is just sweet!! my friend has an android and told me "look how cool the screen moves" and now I can do the same!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I assume Notifier+ is different than Open Notifier that I've been seeing on Twitter which integrates in to every application including ESPN, Facebook, pretty much unlimited icons on the top. I'm waiting for that one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalDriver View Post
    ...Parallax: could be cool, but finding a wallpaper, with enough quality to actually be amazing, would be challenging for the resolution on the i4...
    I have found that digital blasphemy has some pretty cool wallpapers. I plan on using them once sbrotator4 becomes compatible with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I assume Notifier+ is different than Open Notifier that I've been seeing on Twitter which integrates in to every application including ESPN, Facebook, pretty much unlimited icons on the top. I'm waiting for that one!
    Yeah, they're different. I'm holding out on that one as well.
    Last edited by jlowry; 11-16-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks

No Badges makes me laugh considering you can do the same thing with a few switches in Settings. Parallax is the same exact thing as Simple Background but costs money. I'm not knocking you, nickhesson.

Thanks
    Is Open Notifier going the support reitna? I have a notifier app on my phone now but those choppy block envelopes and exclamation bubbles look so out of place up there.
    YNWA

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

notifier+ not showing emails,calls,etc just silentMode Icon !!!!
    notifier (without +) Working fine
    iphone 3gs 32G Simfree ios 4.1 !

Thanks

am i the only 1 that noticed in the pic that there was app sync for 4.2 on the pic of that iphone wat happened 2 mmi being against piracy?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to plcrules For This Useful Post:

phoneboi (11-20-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    am i the only 1 that noticed in the pic that there was app sync for 4.2 on the pic of that iphone wat happened 2 mmi being against piracy?
    WOW! Such astute observation skills.
    NOT!

Did you notice that there is no check-mark next to it? Did you know that it's not installed if there's no check next to it? Did you know that MMI has no control over what displays at the top of the changes list?

There's a difference between having a repo installed and USING the repo. How would you find out that someone is pirating your software/theme/tweak if you don't have those repos installed?
    It's where you are.

Thanks

NOT!

Did you notice that there is no check-mark next to it? Did you know that it's not installed if there's no check next to it? Did you know that MMI has no control over what displays at the top of the changes list?

There's a difference between having a repo installed and USING the repo. How would you find out that someone is pirating your software/theme/tweak if you don't have those repos installed?
    Dude I think he was joking around. You don't have to "go all crazy gorilla on his butt" about it. I do find it funny that the repo is installed though. Especially considering ******* for 4.1 would be installed if they WERE (not saying they are, before you go off) using the app. It is actually a pretty useful tool for grabbing those occasional banned gems from the App Store.

Thanks

Forget notifier+, I want OpenNotifier already
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

19. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (11-17-2010)

Thanks

NOT!

ever think theres no check next 2 it cuz maybe he's not running 4.2?? having the repo kinda implies something and just really saying its there but just since u went a lil crazy bout it ill argue back

Thanks

Doesnt boss paper do the same thing as Parallax? Or is Boss Paper not supported any more?
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    ever think theres no check next 2 it cuz maybe he's not running 4.2?? having the repo kinda implies something and just really saying its there but just since u went a lil crazy bout it ill argue back
    Updates to installed apps have checks next to them.

Everything below that is just other updates and changes/new software that you do not have installed.

I didn't go crazy, you accused someone of pirating because you saw something you didn't like. I have loads of repos installed, and yet not one pirated app. You would assume i was pirating if you saw my list of repos, until i took you through my phone to prove otherwise. You jumped to conclusions.
    It's where you are.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Altho parallax was out last week it's still good to see that it's getting noticed the app is simply sick I made a big picture it would have the same effect as iOS 3 with page0, page1, etc