+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's New In Cydia: Notifier+, Parallax, iDiscrete JB...

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I have wallpaper which is 3000x2000 :P on i4 and works fine with parallax
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

I have wallpaper which is 3000x2000 :P on i4 and works fine with parallax

Thanks

How do I ever even create a Cydia account in incase I ever want to buy something ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simple background does the same thing Parallax does and it's free. I've been using Panorama for a while now. It's cheaper and better. Though none of these support retina display. Too bad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately the new AUTO 3G update plagued me with too many safe mode restarts, along with failed call attempts & no data connection errors. Had to uninstall it....ergggg!!!!
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i asbsolutely cannot get iNotifier to work. When i click the app to open it just returns to the home screen

Banned
    Thanks

Parallox doesn't want to work in my 3rd gen iPod. It appears on settings and I'd enabled. But wallpaper doesn't move.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

regarding piracy we're all kind of guilty anyway. example: even if you paid for MyWi from Cydia you're still committing piracy by not paying for a tethering plan through AT&T so if someone pirates Cydia apps then it really just comes down to "no honor amongst thieves" and not so much software piracy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for the Parallax wallpaper try Digital Blasphemy 3D Wallpaper: Widescreen, Dual-Screen, Triple-Screen, iPhone4, iPad, Droid, XBox360, PS3, HDTV Backgrounds
    you have to be a member to get the dual or try-screen backgrounds but its worth it.

Thanks

Default Important note!!!!
    Okay guys before you all dive in head first mind doing some research, the background app that up rite now has already been done and implemented, its called simple backgrounds search it up on cydia its FREEEE FREEEE. not 1.99 does the same thing and no effect on the memory at all plus its ios 4 integrated that means it works with your ios doesn't use a separate app. so please check that out before you end up buying this, sorry for the developer i know he puts some kinks in and its always good to have a few options available but when its free you cant go wrong. Oh i believe it works with ipad too

10. The Following User Says Thank You to roshansri For This Useful Post:

Rescuer (11-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

So indiscreet jb does not protect an entire program? Can a program icon be dragged and dropped in it? If not what app can do that?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    regarding piracy we're all kind of guilty anyway. example: even if you paid for MyWi from Cydia you're still committing piracy by not paying for a tethering plan through AT&T so if someone pirates Cydia apps then it really just comes down to "no honor amongst thieves" and not so much software piracy.
    How is mywi piracy?
    Has the definition of piracy changed?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Maybe if AT&T would offer us the same benefits of a Blackberry data plan! BB users can tether to an AT&T hotspot, we cannot. Our phones will connect for free, but it will NOT utilize that connection for tethering.

IE: You find an AT&T hotspot, and try to connect with your laptop. You find that your AT&T account (WITH data tethering on the iPhone) does not log into the system, so you can either PAY for that wifi service that's supposed to be free, OR you can connect your phone to it and try tethering. You will very quickly discover that your Laptop is using the Edge or 3G, NOT the wifi connection on the phone.

BB users have "dialer software" provided to them, that will automatically verify and allow connection from the laptop, without additional fees.

Maybe, if AT&T wasn't trying to RAPE us because of that god-forsaken exclusivity contract, we wouldn't have to resort to fighting for unlimited data back, and JB'ing to get what we were PROMISED when switching to tethering plans.

These customers of AT&T get unlimited free access to ALL AT&T wifi locations (not just the free ones in McDonalds and such):
    AT&T U-verse subscribers
    AT&T Internet subscribers
    AT&T smartphone customers (except iPhone)
    AT&T Data Service customers (computer connect cards)

Yet, AT&T still pushes their wifi as a "data management" tool, which is "free to use without limits." They leave out the part that it only works on your phone.

FYI: There are other ways to enable tethering without MyWi.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

What a bollox...

Thanks

1. Not true
    2. With most carriers you don't need to pay for tethering
    Even if it was, that's one country, many countries have different laws. For example in the U.S., stuff like limewire is illegal but is legal in Canada

iPhone? More like MyPhone swifttricker's Avatar
    Thanks

doesn anyone know what res images would be used with parallox?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roshansri View Post
    Okay guys before you all dive in head first mind doing some research, the background app that up rite now has already been done and implemented, its called simple backgrounds search it up on cydia its FREEEE FREEEE. not 1.99 does the same thing and no effect on the memory at all plus its ios 4 integrated that means it works with your ios doesn't use a separate app. so please check that out before you end up buying this, sorry for the developer i know he puts some kinks in and its always good to have a few options available but when its free you cant go wrong. Oh i believe it works with ipad too
    thanks! i got it, and it works!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Unfortunately the new AUTO 3G update plagued me with too many safe mode restarts, along with failed call attempts & no data connection errors. Had to uninstall it....ergggg!!!!
    Auto 3G has been a mess since the beginning. I uninstalled it and there are still issues related to it going on.

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roshansri View Post
    great thanks... tried it... failed on i4 on iOS 4.0.1, 4.1... it zoomed in on my wallpaper... not quite the same...

Quote Originally Posted by swifttricker View Post
    doesn anyone know what res images would be used with parallox?
    if you ask questions, u should check the comments first, somebody might have asked the same question... It needs to be 960x(>=640). obviously if by 640 it wont scroll but u get the idea...

Thanks

I'm on i4 4.0 and can't get audio alerts to work on Notifier+, any solution?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhiberriecy View Post
    *** mod edit *** Removed offending spam
    Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahshshhahhahahahaha
    Last edited by Mes; 07-28-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Removed spam

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123