+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grill Competition: iPhone vs. Android G2 vs. HTC Surround

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I love it when people complain about stuff like this. Please tell me, what would you rather they do to advertise? Spend 10 times the amount they did on the
    Thanks

I love it when people complain about stuff like this. Please tell me, what would you rather they do to advertise? Spend 10 times the amount they did on the devices then donate the whole $1829? Yeah because that's soooo cost effective. People who have money have the right to do what they want with it. Once you earn that amount of money, you can donate it all to charity but until then, don't dictate what others do with their money because no one is dictating your budget which could be considered by some as as wasteful as this advert.

If anyone who said to donate the money has any nice things, that would be deemed unnecessary for everyday living, they should donate them all to charity. Since you want to tell other people not to waste their money and to donate it instead, you should lead the way by donating that nice plasma tv or your smart phone. Oh, you worked hard to get those? So did the company in who created the video so please put up or stfu.
    Last edited by JP Cambridge; 11-16-2010 at 09:12 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaBzii View Post
    Lmao iPhone has temp warning lol! At least WP7 is good for something!
    Yes, good for warningless death!

Seriously, I have gotten the temp warning after leaving my phone in the car on a summer day. It does not mean it's dead, just that it's gone into preservation mode. I think the iPhone might be able to win if they don't flip it over so fast.

I do think the ezgrill will make a lot of sales from this, you'll just have to put everything around the edge, because the middle hardly had any flames. It looks like it burns from the outside-in, rather than evenly.

Great ad, very creative, and cheap at that!

To all the whiners: How much have YOU donated to starving kids? Now how much of that went to kids in your own country? How much of it got eaten up by "administrative costs"?

Just because a cause is "good," doesn't mean the organizations pushing them are.

Before you bag on the companies that provide your jobs, take the time to learn how the system works. Stop ******** because you're too poor to afford an iPhone 4, and instead, DO SOMETHING about it! Get a better job, go back to school, SAVE some money.

Most commercials cost at LEAST $50,000, BEFORE they pay for the TV air-time! This one MAYBE cost $5k, no ad time, and is actually funny!
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deruk View Post
    I agree... it is sad to see the money spent on this so some group of the american dreamers can try to fulfill the hopes of becoming the Corporation's next class... all in the name of materialistic. People need to realize america is the not the earth, there are plenty pressing issue that this money could have been given to one of the many charities trying to get not which one of there machetes melt fast, but which instead could help prevent a 12 year old kid getting his armed chopped off based off diamonds, or more usually crimes against on humanity happen everywhere, and we are creating our own enemy... I love technology, I use it, I am a musician... I help out people in need... even when I cannot really afford... but to waste money that could have went to more productive means. I am scared by what impresses this generation, i feel stuck in the middle of the old and new (I just turned 30)... I was in grade school when Apple Computers where introduced and have been a die hard user since day one... it changed my life, but I kept my morals, and i am an atheist, so it has nothing to do with religion... but on the subject, people pouring cash into new buildings, one after another, I am sorry but i do not think your Jesus would be so happy about the but fame and the desire to become more than you need... do something productive like not hire camels, have laser light shows, buy the nicest recording interface (Pro tools, FROM ME I MIGHT ADD when i worked retail for a giant music supplier) I am just saying people, wake up, this is not cool... the world is in dire shape, lets attempt to change our mindsets, there are people suffering, and one day if corporate america becomes government, you could be the one on the chopping block as you are morman, scientologist (cough), catholic or atheists' because there's a very real chance one day, these people will be running the country and you are more concerned about that some jerk off melting phones, we all need to take a step back and look at where 2 generations away are gonna be, I have a 4 year child and I have done my fair hare of things i shouldn't have in my teenage years.. but the word was different then... people, please, all i am asking you consider maybe caring about others, and the religious, your the worst offenders (not everyone, but a lot are voting tea party).... it is all about every man for himself...Your Jesus would not be a CEO of anything ceot helping. I disagree with all religions, using christians in this reference because we are often called a christian nation which makes me so mad for the muslim, morman, and atheists alike who do not believe... we are a time we need to treat people as people instead of becoming rich and support hate crime groups... t... just my two cents. I do not mean to step o anyone beliefs, just asking everyone who thinks this is great to reconsider how they should feel about it.... earth is our home, and we need to address the problems facing us, I love america... but, we all need to wake up and insist on another party.... ok enough said. I respect peoples beliefs and will happy engage in conversation with a man of any faith, I am respectful and feel I am a good person, and I know a lot about space... for people unsure about their religion... I urge you read"the God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins it is very respectful towards the faithful and is actually written with your feelings in mind.
    It might be just me, but whenever I see this post, I think of this guy as the one posting it:

- JP

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JP Cambridge View Post
    It might be just me, but whenever I see this post, I think of this guy as the one posting it:

Sadly, they seem to have way too much power these days. Nobody thinks anymore, they just feel.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234