+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Grill Competition: iPhone vs. Android G2 vs. HTC Surround

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer That's insane and the most stupidest thing to do! Let it be noted that in non-stupid areas of the world "stupidest" is not a real word.
    Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    That's insane and the most stupidest thing to do!

Let it be noted that in non-stupid areas of the world "stupidest" is not a real word.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AnthonyGiola For This Useful Post:

MuseFan288 (11-13-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

lol if i had the money i'd do the same haha with different electronics. I guess that's why life doesn't let me have a lot of money haha

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You do realize it was just a company trying something different for viewership of their ads, right? And as a result of them burning smartphones, forums across the interwebz told us about it. Fail test. Success ad campaign. Should have realized it wasn't all too serious after the "long name" and "it's the iPhone 4. It has the WiFis" intro.
    didnt actually watch it...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deruk View Post
    I agree... it is sad to see the money spent on this so some group of the american dreamers can try to fulfill the hopes of becoming the Corporation's next class... all in the name of materialistic. People need to realize america is the not the earth, there are plenty pressing issue that this money could have been given to one of the many charities trying to get not which one of there machetes melt fast, but which instead could help prevent a 12 year old kid getting his armed chopped off based off diamonds, or more usually crimes against on humanity happen everywhere, and we are creating our own enemy... I love technology, I use it, I am a musician... I help out people in need... even when I cannot really afford... but to waste money that could have went to more productive means. I am scared by what impresses this generation, i feel stuck in the middle of the old and new (I just turned 30)... I was in grade school when Apple Computers where introduced and have been a die hard user since day one... it changed my life, but I kept my morals, and i am an atheist, so it has nothing to do with religion... but on the subject, people pouring cash into new buildings, one after another, I am sorry but i do not think your Jesus would be so happy about the but fame and the desire to become more than you need... do something productive like not hire camels, have laser light shows, buy the nicest recording interface (Pro tools, FROM ME I MIGHT ADD when i worked retail for a giant music supplier) I am just saying people, wake up, this is not cool... the world is in dire shape, lets attempt to change our mindsets, there are people suffering, and one day if corporate america becomes government, you could be the one on the chopping block as you are morman, scientologist (cough), catholic or atheists' because there's a very real chance one day, these people will be running the country and you are more concerned about that some jerk off melting phones, we all need to take a step back and look at where 2 generations away are gonna be, I have a 4 year child and I have done my fair hare of things i shouldn't have in my teenage years.. but the word was different then... people, please, all i am asking you consider maybe caring about others, and the religious, your the worst offenders (not everyone, but a lot are voting tea party).... it is all about every man for himself...Your Jesus would not be a CEO of anything ceot helping. I disagree with all religions, using christians in this reference because we are often called a christian nation which makes me so mad for the muslim, morman, and atheists alike who do not believe... we are a time we need to treat people as people instead of becoming rich and support hate crime groups... t... just my two cents. I do not mean to step o anyone beliefs, just asking everyone who thinks this is great to reconsider how they should feel about it.... earth is our home, and we need to address the problems facing us, I love america... but, we all need to wake up and insist on another party.... ok enough said. I respect peoples beliefs and will happy engage in conversation with a man of any faith, I am respectful and feel I am a good person, and I know a lot about space... for people unsure about their religion... I urge you read"the God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins it is very respectful towards the faithful and is actually written with your feelings in mind.
    The flying spagetti monster placed that return key on your keyboard for a reason.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

not a very exact test, there were some flaws, and even so this test helped me with crap! its not like im gonna put my iphone(see how I just said iphone automatically, I could have said the other 2 phones hehe) on fire or something...these guys just want some attention!!

Thanks

I agree... it is sad to see the money spent on this so some group of the american dreamers can try to fulfill the hopes of becoming the Corporation's next class... all in the name of materialistic. People need to realize america is the not the earth, there are plenty pressing issue that this money could have been given to one of the many charities trying to get not which one of there machetes melt fast, but which instead could help prevent a 12 year old kid getting his armed chopped off based off diamonds, or more usually crimes against on humanity happen everywhere, and we are creating our own enemy... I love technology, I use it, I am a musician... I help out people in need... even when I cannot really afford... but to waste money that could have went to more productive means. I am scared by what impresses this generation, i feel stuck in the middle of the old and new (I just turned 30)... I was in grade school when Apple Computers where introduced and have been a die hard user since day one... it changed my life, but I kept my morals, and i am an atheist, so it has nothing to do with religion... but on the subject, people pouring cash into new buildings, one after another, I am sorry but i do not think your Jesus would be so happy about the but fame and the desire to become more than you need... do something productive like not hire camels, have laser light shows, buy the nicest recording interface (Pro tools, FROM ME I MIGHT ADD when i worked retail for a giant music supplier) I am just saying people, wake up, this is not cool... the world is in dire shape, lets attempt to change our mindsets, there are people suffering, and one day if corporate america becomes government, you could be the one on the chopping block as you are morman, scientologist (cough), catholic or atheists' because there's a very real chance one day, these people will be running the country and you are more concerned about that some jerk off melting phones, we all need to take a step back and look at where 2 generations away are gonna be, I have a 4 year child and I have done my fair hare of things i shouldn't have in my teenage years.. but the word was different then... people, please, all i am asking you consider maybe caring about others, and the religious, your the worst offenders (not everyone, but a lot are voting tea party).... it is all about every man for himself...Your Jesus would not be a CEO of anything ceot helping. I disagree with all religions, using christians in this reference because we are often called a christian nation which makes me so mad for the muslim, morman, and atheists alike who do not believe... we are a time we need to treat people as people instead of becoming rich and support hate crime groups... t... just my two cents. I do not mean to step o anyone beliefs, just asking everyone who thinks this is great to reconsider how they should feel about it.... earth is our home, and we need to address the problems facing us, I love america... but, we all need to wake up and insist on another party.... ok enough said. I respect peoples beliefs and will happy engage in conversation with a man of any faith, I am respectful and feel I am a good person, and I know a lot about space... for people unsure about their religion... I urge you read"the God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins it is very respectful towards the faithful and is actually written with your feelings in mind.
    I would feel like I had no life if I read that whole post. How did this turn into an argument for atheism anyway? And this is FAR less of a budget than most ad campaigns. Go cry about them. You should praise these guys for their thriftiness.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

dude!! I didnt even read your whole post..and dont plan too either, this is modmyi not modmyreligion, not to be offensive or anything but GET A LIFE! probably took you 10 min to write you the whole thing anyways! "this is advice, not a complain(TRUST ME)"

Green Apple
    Thanks

So this video proves two things: 1 being that this was just proving that people have money to throw around and 2 the fact that people rather do **** like this instead of donate to starving children.

This is the world we live in

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiggyjae View Post
    So this video proves two things: 1 being that this was just proving that people have money to throw around and 2 the fact that people rather do **** like this instead of donate to starving children.

This is the world we live in
    Seriously. This is an ad. It's a pretty low budget one too compared to alot of them. It's certainly no teller of the evils of the world either. They'll actually make more money off of this than a really high budget ad, too. It's far more creative and gets tech forum buzz, lots of viewers. Plus, they didn't have to hire any actors because noone special is needed to flip a couple o' phones.

Green Apple
    Thanks

windows mobile is a fail no matter how you put it. iphone 4 = best phone in the world.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Whut a dumnass!!! N who ever liked it too ..!.,

AKA westonben
    Thanks

Absolutely loved it. Great advertising.

Thanks

Why do retards do this? Such a waste of money. Just donate the damn device instead of cooking it.

-Win7 Ultimate Retail Dualboot with Mac OSX 10.5.8 On PC, Core 2 Duo, 4GBRam, 300GB Drive, 500GB External, Nvidia Geforce 8400GS

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Daniel Ash View Post
    and an iPhone 4 they say cost $731 (a 32GB model? really?)
    This is indeed the retail cost of the phone (probably after tax). Retail of the 32gb iPhone 4 is $700 without contract.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

AKA westonben
    Thanks

I'm no marketing expert but for those suggesting giving the phones to charity, can you explain how that would generate the same level of advertising as this video? Tv commercials cost tens of thousands to produce so this was actually a very cheap advert and it's probably working. You won't forget the EZ grill in a hurry!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bada$$

Thanks

...fdsxgkj
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep, agreed, what a waste of awesome hardware, google, windows and apple.. I love em all..
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

B19
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

preach else where k thanks

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Your bastardization of the English language is what makes me lose faith in humanity.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

fungrified (11-14-2010)