Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2 Delayed to 11/16, Possibly Longer

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It was delayed but I think it will be released a day or two before thanksgiven altho the new version of iTunes was released. Besides it's clear that the new update is more of an iPad, iPhone 3G then an iPhone 4 and iPod touch update
    Last edited by Yenjoi; 11-17-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    Not just some guy...
    this greek guy has successfully predicted not one, but two more release dates in the past. so hes psychic i bet
    Lol, really?

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    Apple gettin a little sloppy. First daylight savings time alarm clock issue and now the wifi bug. Good thing they caught it. Didn't Geohot talk about a wifi bug and offer to fix it for apple a while back? I wonder if its the same one?
    Well the alarm clock issue was an acutal bug in the public release but this bug is actually in all technicallity still in the Beta build. So they were not sloppy with that one.

Duck that. Had enough issues with my iPad and wifi when I got it. They still haven't gotten it right? That's fail. I'll stick with what I got.

I have had no issues with anything on my iPad. Only time I had wifi issues was with 4.2 beta 1. But that was fixed in 4.2 beta 2.

Actually the "wake" time for the wifi is beyond excellent from 3.2 to 4.2.
    Last edited by Cer0; 11-12-2010 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't care for the update, I just want a unlock. So hurry up and release.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    I don't care for the update, I just want a unlock. So hurry up and release.
    You bought a phone for a specific carrier but you don't USE that carrier? You are in a hurry for an unlock? You are (it sounds like) demanding a hurry up. How is your bad planning (having a phone for one carrier but using another carrier) anyone else's issue but your own? Not to be mean (well, maybe a little bit) but I don't see how your need requires anyone else's "hurry," or effort at all, for that matter. Now, maybe if you asked nicely I'd feel better about your "need," but whoever is creating an unlock is doing it for free, and Apple is waiting on the update (this IS a thread re the new update, right?) until it is perfected (which we all appreciate). Those of us who are adults are sitting here waiting patiently for the release, which will happen when it does. Try it.
    Senior

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

durdan1 (11-16-2010)

you are mising the point. Tashawn is not hurrying the dev team. He/She is hurrying crapple.

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    You bought a phone for a specific carrier but you don't USE that carrier? You are in a hurry for an unlock? You are (it sounds like) demanding a hurry up. How is your bad planning (having a phone for one carrier but using another carrier) anyone else's issue but your own? Not to be mean (well, maybe a little bit) but I don't see how your need requires anyone else's "hurry," or effort at all, for that matter. Now, maybe if you asked nicely I'd feel better about your "need," but whoever is creating an unlock is doing it for free, and Apple is waiting on the update (this IS a thread re the new update, right?) until it is perfected (which we all appreciate). Those of us who are adults are sitting here waiting patiently for the release, which will happen when it does. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi760706 View Post
    you are mising the point. Tashawn is not hurrying the dev team. He/She is hurrying crapple.
    "A crapple is the result of a sliced apple being left out for an extended period of time. The crapple is characterized (but not limited to) a dark yellowish-brown inside." ?????

S/he want a bad piece of apple? This is making less and less sense. A dev. team being told to hurry up releasing their free software because someone bought the wrong phone for the carrier they have; Apple making sure that their software is bug-free before they release it; now someone want a sliced piece of apple that's been left out too long and has turned brown.

Very confusing. You modern kids are a mystery to me. When I was your age, I was trying to find a private place to have sex with my girlfriend and/or waiting for the next Beatles album to be released. Now it's all hurry up with software and give me sliced rotten apples. No wonder the world is in such bad shape.
    Senior

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

VaderForce (11-14-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    "A crapple is the result of a sliced apple being left out for an extended period of time. The crapple is characterized (but not limited to) a dark yellowish-brown inside." ?????

S/he want a bad piece of apple? This is making less and less sense. A dev. team being told to hurry up releasing their free software because someone bought the wrong phone for the carrier they have; Apple making sure that their software is bug-free before they release it; now someone want a sliced piece of apple that's been left out too long and has turned brown.

Very confusing. You modern kids are a mystery to me. When I was your age, I was trying to find a private place to have sex with my girlfriend and/or waiting for the next Beatles album to be released. Now it's all hurry up with software and give me sliced rotten apples. No wonder the world is in such bad shape.
    Lol, you just told them

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

mr117 (11-14-2010)

its the 16th and no firmware update....the wait continues

Insults stop now. Anymore insults will result in infractions.

Well, I'm guessing today wasn't the day...

Thanks
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 7,082 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Well, I'm guessing today wasn't the day...
    Nope. Today was Beatles day apparently.

I just got an email from Apple telling me it was the Beatles day. Guess they figured I hadn't heard.
    Senior

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Insults stop now. Anymore insults will result in infractions.
    Guess it wasn't bright enough.

Insults stop now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok i have been pretty patient with this 4.2 release as my iPhone 3Gs is happily jailbroken and unlocked at 4.1 thanks to Pwnagetool, but my ipad really needs iOS 4.0 (4.2) to be exact. There is no reason as to why my beautiful sleek iPad has been neglected for so long without an update to the firmware. Hurry the hell up apple! We need 4.2 for iPad especially. I just wish they would give us a release date or something other than "NOV" time frame. Thats a whole month! Damn it i am tired of using catagories that does not work on ipad's GUI well. Folders will be so much nicer! But of course even after 4.2 is released, i will be waiting for the Jailbreak to be released for it cuz no iDevice is worth having unless jailbroken IMHO. Sorry just felt like ranting for moment. lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast