+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Claims 55 Flash Vulnerabilities Fixed in 10.6.5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I just realised that this is bull with Apple how can they fix flash if flash is a stand along addin to osx. What Apple really mean is they have
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just realised that this is bull with Apple how can they fix flash if flash is a stand along addin to osx.

What Apple really mean is they have fixed problems with there OS that allows vulnerabilities to be had when flash is installed.

Apple are really good with there PR and wording stuff to go on there favour.

For flash to be fixed or modified in any way would mean Adobe would need to do it, as apple always say flash isn't open it's proprietary. (so they don't have access to the source to fix ****)
    Last edited by rocky5; 11-11-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Nah Flash is a beast of security risks. They may have just fixed ways that the vulnerabilities that Flash has from creeping out to the OS. So Flash could still have them but the OS stops them before the leak out to the rest of the OS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I know. But Apple's thing is "Macs don't get *cough Windows cough* viruses." And if you dump IE and turn off Internet history, you don't get any viruses.
    Dump the internet and you'll never have viruses.

That is a lot of fixing. Now, I hate Flash even more on my Mac for the vulnerabilities.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    I hate this, windows has viruses, only if you download them just like mac osx pirated copie, they come with viruses.
    If there were none then why the hell do you get antivirus software for a mac?

Also I would like to see the vunranilities, as jobs will do anything to discredit Flash as to hype up HTML5.

You only get viruses buy downloading them period.

You don't get them by browsing the web, you could get malware by browsing the net.

Apple fanboys go do your reserch before jumping on the windows hate wagon.

As

Ok PC fanboy, I can download pirated Mac software all day long and never get a virus alert. Maybe you should do your research. The point is that there are viruses out there for the Mac now, but it is on an order of magnitude far less then on your PC. Most Mac users will never even get an infection when there is one. PC people here it on CNN when there is a mass Windows infection.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,462 Times in 2,698 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreggSymington View Post
    Against Windows' 999,999,999,999,999,999,999 etc.
    lmaoooooooo

Thanks

The only virus/Trojan/spyware i have EVER scanned on my Mac came from a security app i downloaded onto my iPhone from Cydia. Intego and Macscan ensure this is accurate. So i guess this means my Mac never has. Just my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I love Little Snitch. One of those must have apps for OSX.
    +1 best
    Last edited by rhekt; 11-12-2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just realised that this is bull with Apple how can they fix flash if flash is a stand along addin to osx.

What Apple really mean is they have fixed problems with there OS that allows vulnerabilities to be had when flash is installed.

Apple are really good with there PR and wording stuff to go on there favour.

For flash to be fixed or modified in any way would mean Adobe would need to do it, as apple always say flash isn't open it's proprietary. (so they don't have access to the source to fix ****)
    Did you not read the article?!

It clearly says how Apple fixed this was by upgrading flash to the latest version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by recognition View Post
    Did you not read the article?!

It clearly says how Apple fixed this was by upgrading flash to the latest version.
    yes, but the thread title implies that Apple fixed them not Adobe, it should have been Adobe Fixed 55 vulnerabilities in Flash.

All this thread does is start another Flash is ****, HTML5 rules!, I was just merely pointing out that Apple cannot fix anything in flash unless Adobe make it open source.

and how good Apple are at making/wording headlines.
    Apple are Control freaks we need to stop them before they take over the world!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes, but the thread title implies that Apple fixed them not Adobe, it should have been Adobe Fixed 55 vulnerabilities in Flash.

All this thread does is start another Flash is ****, HTML5 rules!, I was just merely pointing out that Apple cannot fix anything in flash unless Adobe make it open source.

and how good Apple are at making/wording headlines.
    Maybe it should of read,

'Apple have claimed that in 10.6.5, 55 Flash vulnerabilities have been fixed (that were present in 10.6.4) by upgrading the flash plug-in to the latest version'

but thats a bit long winded for a headline...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    I hope more sites update to HTML 5 soon. Currently I only need two more sites that I visit to update to HTML 5 and I can uninstall flash. Btw if u uninstall flash will that mean less ads?
    No that will mean more ads in HTML 5.

And no way to block HTML 5 ads with Adblocker

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12