+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No AirPrint Support for Mac, Windows Printers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Haha, I love the "Fail" button in your image Originally Posted by Go Gators Jeeeez! Rumors Rumors Rumors! I don't think you understand how news happens. If we waited around
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 869 Posts

Haha, I love the "Fail" button in your image

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Jeeeez! Rumors Rumors Rumors!
    I don't think you understand how news happens. If we waited around for confirmed FACTS then there would never be news - we'd not hear about current events until day or weeks after they happen. Or never. The tech industry moves fast.

Blogs like this, and news organizations in general, are there to put pressure on these companies in order to get answers. If they didn't then these companies would never account for their actions. Some "rumors" actually kick people into action and make things get done, or lead to the real answers. Posting this bit o' news is just one part of a greater machine that pushes forward the flow of information.

I'm not saying this is the most significant post in the world (personally I can't see myself using this feature), but the disabling of AirPlay is indeed cause for concern for those that are looking forward to it, and it's important for them to find answers.

TLDR: If you analyze how information propagates across the internet, you'll see that most EVERYTHING is not based on scientific facts, and how rumors are an equal part of the news process. Those that whine about rumors in these replies are being childish. Take this information for what it is, but don't complain to us when you can't or refuse to see the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 11-11-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default AirPrint not in 10.6.5
    Actually if you read the whole email the guy sent Jobs, he asked about AirPrint in iOS 4.2.. Didn't say anything about OS X 10.6.5. Since he didn't ask about OS X and only iOS 4.2, Jobs told him correctly that 4.2 has AirPrint with it. The key is that they removed it from OS X 10.6.5, so you can't share your Mac's printer with an iOS device.

There is a work around if you have access to a beta copy of 10.6.5:

High Caffeine Content: Return AirPrint sharing to Mac OS X v10.6.5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

was just going to install 4.2gm on my iphone . But I looked at the release notes.

Printing
    iOS 4.2 devices can print wirelessly only to printers that support AirPrint and are running the latest available firmware. Some currently available printers that support AirPrint are:
    HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer - C410
    HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - C310
    HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer series - B210
    HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printer Series - D410
    HP Photosmart eStation Printer series - C510

Thanks

Strange that iPhones will only be able to print to HP printers just are HP are releasing the PRE2

Canon have an app to print to some of their printers - it can print to the MPX640 but, of course, mine is the MPX620 which isn't supported.
    Last edited by confucious; 11-12-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So does this mean no printing?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12