Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3D Coming to iPhone with Hasbroís My3D Device

Default 3D Coming to iPhone with Hasbroís My3D Device

Hasbro is working with Apple to develop a peripheral that allows 3D images to be viewable on an iPhone or iPod Touch. The My3D peripheral will allow users the ability to view content in 3D and offers them a unique 360-degree field of view. It resembles a pair of binoculars and has a slot for an iPhone or iPod Touch. Starting next spring, it will be available for $30 wherever Apple accessories are sold.

Hasbro is working to develop 3D apps that will offer users a unique experience not previously available. Currently, there are several categories of apps being explored including: gaming apps, travel apps and entertainment apps. Hasbro has partnered with Dreamworks Animation to develop material for the device. Megamind will most likely be the first of many titles to get a movie tie-in gaming app.

Hasbro worked closely with Apple on this project and hopes other developers will make good use of the device. With more than 125 million iPhone and iPod Touch users worldwide, Hasbro hopes the My3D accessory will catch on in a big way. My3D is sure to help Apple maintain its popularity as a gaming device. With Nintendo set to launch their 3DS handheld gaming system next year, My3D should help Apple stay competitive in the 3D gaming arena. My3D is an intriguing device, but itís unclear at the moment just how gamers are supposed to use the device and have access to the touch screen during game play. Letís hope My3D isnít the next Nintendo VirtualBoy.

Source: MacRumors

Sounds interesting unless it goes virtualboy road. That was horrible way of using the device.

$30 is a reasonable price point - no doubt it will be £30 here. Provided there is enough content this could be very popular. It looks like they are working on content but it's a chicken and egg situation. People won't make content unless it sells and it wont sell without content.
    It will either be a great success or a total flop. Let's hope the content comes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

b0ywarrior (11-09-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You have got to be an complete idiot to use something that looks like binoculars to look at your phone. Come on, how stupid would that look.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheYoungHustla For This Useful Post:

Christian Bale (11-09-2010), hitman10 (11-09-2010), puissance000 (11-09-2010), punjabi212 (11-09-2010)

So you are saying I am a complete idiot?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

how are you supposed to touch the screen in a game while it is stuck in the bino?

How do u get ur image to move like that

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Great idea... but i doubt it will be a huge success...

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    $30 is a reasonable price point - no doubt it will be £30 here. Provided there is enough content this could be very popular. It looks like they are working on content but it's a chicken and egg situation. People won't make content unless it sells and it wont sell without content.
    It will either be a great success or a total flop. Let's hope the content comes.
    you have a really good point, if i see apps being developed for this accessory i would be willing to shell out $30

as for hustla, i dont think theyre assuming youre going to be carrying these around in public to use your phone..

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Great idea. It won't be long until it's implemented in a way that benefits us all. It's the ideas like this that spark the solution for one that will satisfy us all in a way that's actually usuable.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    You have got to be an complete idiot to use something that looks like binoculars to look at your phone. Come on, how stupid would that look.
    Not all of us care what others think about when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Anyway, a Star Map program could be really cool to look at in 3-D, it could take you through space and show you different constellations, planets, stars, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    I totally agree. If it was in the form of nice 3d glasses, it would look less retarded. But what kind of tool would wear this just to watch 3D images on the iPhone. I lol'd when I saw the image.
    For **** sakes you mods are amateurs! Why are you trashing my scene!!! Seriously you and me we're done professionally.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Christian Bale For This Useful Post:

punjabi212 (11-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My friends 5 year old has one of those.

Looks just ridiculous, I can't imagine myself wearing those glasses, I will buy a Nintendo 3DS instead.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bale View Post
    I totally agree. If it was in the form of nice 3d glasses, it would look less retarded. But what kind of tool would wear this just to watch 3D images on the iPhone. I lol'd when I saw the image.
    Hellooo, thats for home use most of the time, so you can play on your bed or living room. The society controls you, I dont care about what they say, If I want to use it, I use it, I control the society and Im sure if they see you with one of them, they are going to be crazy to try it out.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

19. The Following User Says Thank You to javiert30 For This Useful Post:

friscosooner (11-09-2010)

Sounds cool but useful? Maybe depends on app development.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Fail!!!

Ok so they can make a 3D add-on for the the ipod touch or iphone, before they can make a freaking D-Pad really????

I'm gonna pass on 3D, it still seems at least 5 years down the road until it actually catches on
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast