Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.2: Smoother and (A Little) Faster on iPhone 3G

Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    disable the launchdaemons and langpacks, then see how responsive it is with winterboard

personally, i like the standard look of the OS and i dont need winterboard for a wallpaper anymore. So my phone gets no winterboard AND the launchdaemon fix.
    i'll have to look into disabling the daemons and langpacks. i use winterboard for all the little things i do (which really add up)..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    iphone 3g is awful on iOS 4.X firmware. and if its jailbroken its just that much worse. ive helped several friends jailbreak their 3g's and they always hated it even more after jailbreak. bc of course they all want multi tasking and all that. but oh well. hopefully 4.2 will be a graet improvement for the older model 3G

Thanks

Thanks for sharing

Nothing can change the limited amount of memory the 3G has* and how Apple and 3rd party developers are increasingly ignoring the constraints of 128 MB.

* except for the virtual RAM hack.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm actually ticked off at Steve jobs for implementing my idea in 4.2

Yes im talking about the 3GS & iPad i couldn't find the correct thread but close Enough

I emailed him awhile back stating that it should be possible to change the brightness and 3G on off in multitasking in a UI overlay

Yes 4.2 delivers this for the iPad(but not 3G on off) pfffff

but suck when he only introduced volume keys on the iPhone multitask, the volume is on the side Steve we don't need a scroll bar give us brightness instead retard

And plus give credit for the idea I didn't get an email or anything but whatever as long as you do implement it CORRECTLY then I'll be happy

Hopefully a jailbreak will fix Apples mistake

i don't even care about multitasking or the folders thing...but i have apps that either don't work, or work like ish because i'm still on 3.1.xx. i haven't bother to go up cause every time i read about a new fw coming out, the consensus is that it fouls up the 3G

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    i don't even care about multitasking or the folders thing...but i have apps that either don't work, or work like ish because i'm still on 3.1.xx. i haven't bother to go up cause every time i read about a new fw coming out, the consensus is that it fouls up the 3G
    Well 4.2 should be smoother but what I would do is go watch YouTube videos on it to see and compare it to the speed of 4.1 on YouTube

The last reports that I read were that 4.1 glitches with the 3G
    were fixed....so I finally upgraded to it.
    No problems with battery life or performance.
    Too many apps are no longer compatible with older os's

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Considering, pretty much the only difference on an iPhone 3G on iO.S 4 and 3.X is a fancy dock, why is the speed soooooooooooo slow?

(Even with the features that dragged their way to the iPhone 3G like Folders and a better spell checker)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I'm actually ticked off at Steve jobs for implementing my idea in 4.2

Yes im talking about the 3GS & iPad i couldn't find the correct thread but close Enough

I emailed him awhile back stating that it should be possible to change the brightness and 3G on off in multitasking in a UI overlay

Yes 4.2 delivers this for the iPad(but not 3G on off) pfffff

but suck when he only introduced volume keys on the iPhone multitask, the volume is on the side Steve we don't need a scroll bar give us brightness instead retard

And plus give credit for the idea I didn't get an email or anything but whatever as long as you do implement it CORRECTLY then I'll be happy

Hopefully a jailbreak will fix Apples mistake
    Well if you were a PC then you could have had your gratification of offering up ideas. Apple takes things from others and pats themselves on the back for releasing it slightly altered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Well if you were a PC then you could have had your gratification of offering up ideas. Apple takes things from others and pats themselves on the back for releasing it slightly altered.
    Yep what can u do it's the bigger guy pushing the people with ideas into the dirt, should we all go and try to make the android better?

Steve Jobs is not the reason why the iPhone got better nor is he l the reason why it's a success the people are, we give him ideas to introduce what we want and because they have to slightly change our idea it ends up as SUCK

What they should do is allow for album quick select song in multitask side bar there not using 90% of the screen when in the play music multitask section idiots

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123