+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warning: Repeating Alarms Will Be Late Tomorrow

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by alexevo eh not only do i use the iphone alarm i use an alarm clock and 2 other cheapo phones that i have that i dont use
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    eh not only do i use the iphone alarm i use an alarm clock and 2 other cheapo phones that i have that i dont use any more except for alarms. i have 8 alarms set on my iphone at 5 minute intervals, the alarm clock, and each of the other 2 phones set at different intervals as well. plus i hide them in different parts of my bedroom so i have to actually get up and find them to silence the alarm which in turn ends up waking me up because im moving around banging my shins on furniture while half asleep.

i think i have problems waking up on time.
    haha that's hilarious.

i sorta do the same thing. my sony alarm plays my ipod for 20 minutes then my iphone goes off. then i silence it. then it goes off 3 more times then my old nokia phone rings really loudly from across my room which really wakes me up and makes me run to it to make it quiet lol.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aldog18 View Post
    Does this affect Australian users too?
    Only if u fall asleep

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (11-08-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

eh not only do i use the iphone alarm i use an alarm clock and 2 other cheapo phones that i have that i dont use any more except for alarms. i have 8 alarms set on my iphone at 5 minute intervals, the alarm clock, and each of the other 2 phones set at different intervals as well. plus i hide them in different parts of my bedroom so i have to actually get up and find them to silence the alarm which in turn ends up waking me up because im moving around banging my shins on furniture while half asleep.

Sounds like you need an iPhone app that makes you solve a puzzle in order to silence the alarm or perhaps have the camera see something really bright like a light before it will let you silence the alarm... hmmm... app idea?
    MacMini Server 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 15" MacBook Pro 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo l iPhone 3G S⃣ 32 GB Black l  TV Gen 2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple also said that the problem will disappear after November 7th. It seems the change is hard coded to US change. I had this problem for 2 weeks, but my iPhone sound at the right time yesterday morning. In iOS 4.2, the problem will be fixed and don't depend on US change anymore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just to confirm, iphones under 4.1 are excluded from this issue?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aldog18 View Post
    Does this affect Australian users too?
    Have you been asleep??? Daylight saving began in Australia a month ago. Where have you been hiding??? It was highlighted back then.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskater61 View Post
    One of the reasons why I stayed on 4.0 on my i4... Waiting for 4.2 to be released only thin I want is the airplay feature
    So you discovered this bug in advance of everyone else and made an active decision not to upgrade in case it woke you up late during daylight savings? Impressive!

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyronal View Post
    Have you been asleep??? Daylight saving began in Australia a month ago. Where have you been hiding??? It was highlighted back then.
    hahahah oh yeah how could I forget! No wonder the days have been so much longer lol!
    Last edited by Aldog18; 11-08-2010 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought I read that if you delete the alarm and recreate it, that it would work. It didnt!

I just set up a new one for an hour earlier for now.

Quote Originally Posted by sdjmchattie View Post
    so you discovered this bug in advance of everyone else and made an active decision not to upgrade in case it woke you up late during daylight savings? Impressive!
    lol!
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 11-08-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

this is old news.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

this article is a fail....I bet about 3/4 of the users on modmyi dont even use their idevices like alarms. and if they do I bet half of those people didnt even have any problem with the alarm. hahah!! I did good.

Thanks

mine worked
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

You should not stay up late that often.

Thanks

I have 3 alarms set, 2 of them are iPhones. I recently switched to alarm clock pro and it worked fine, however my actual iPhone alarm went off an hour late on my drive to work. Luckily I read about this problem yesterday. Typical apple, just set your alarm manually, hold your phone differently, don't sleep.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yep my alarm went off an hour late today. Wish I read this thread yesterday

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

I use my iPhone as alarm and it has had no issues.

Thanks

^ same

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Weekday Alarm Repeats working back again ?
    Dear friends,
    as per last night this bug (Apple BUG ID# 8427270), is NO MORE bug any more...

What I mean is, either Apple send through iTunes - while iphone was on the dock - a silent update to iOS 4.1, or I fixed it by mistake, just bypassing an alarm...

What I mean is that I tried to make a repeat alarm firstly in the alarms list (eg. 07:00 Weekdays - I named it "work" but didn't make it valid (OFF))
    Then (secondly) I made a repeat alarm (eg. 07:30 Weekdays, but do not name it!!! and make it valid (ON))

Do it and Test it !!!

Mine is working, perfectly !

Cheers,
    VAD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I solved the problem
    I bought Clock Pro from here and now I get an alarm that works. It uses an external push-notification to jar the app to the front to make sure the alarm goes off. It is an elegant "work around" Steve Jobs' Hubris Born of Success.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zendrummer74 View Post
    I bought Clock Pro from here and now I get an alarm that works. It uses an external push-notification to jar the app to the front to make sure the alarm goes off. It is an elegant "work around" Steve Jobs' Hubris Born of Success.
    I like the idea of not having to make sure I start up alarm clock pro before passing out, but the link to the app store from the site you provided does not work and I tried searching the app store without any luck.