+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia & iOS 4.2 Compatibility: Progress Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I can't wait, the suspense is killing me (sad) Is it here yet lol
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    I can't wait, the suspense is killing me (sad)

Is it here yet lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If you're on an iPhone stay at 4.1. If you're on an iPad then it's worth the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Why would anyone want an iPad? LOL!

Seriously, I couldn't help myself. I just don't get it...
    My iPad has basically replaced my laptop EXCEPT FOR:
    cd rom
    Flash
    Email
    eBay
    Storing and printing pictures
    Some online classes

My kids and I love it for the ease of gaming,and my wife loves it because it is compact, and does everything on one screen. No mouse, and built in keyboard!
    A 64 year old friend of mine who is scared to death of computers loves the iPad I gave him. "If the dang thing had a way to store things, this would rock."
    Being able to attach thumb drives or USB drives would be awesome too.

Other than that, just a big iPhone you cannot make calls on except scype!
    unklbyl

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Why would anyone want an iPad? LOL!

Seriously, I couldn't help myself. I just don't get it...
    I agree. It can never replace a laptop, it can't even compare. What's the point? I do like the Dell Streak. Wish it could have a memory of more than 32 GB. It would then replace my iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey everyone... I totally need some assistance. I haven't been on here in awhile. Can I unlock my iphone 3G with the 4.2 update, so I can use T-mobile. If not, when do you think that will be available? Thanks for all the help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzter View Post
    hey everyone... I totally need some assistance. I haven't been on here in awhile. Can I unlock my iphone 3G with the 4.2 update, so I can use T-mobile. If not, when do you think that will be available? Thanks for all the help.
    The newest unlock should hopefully be available shortly after 4.2 is officially released. You'll just have to download the latest version of ultrasn0w. I'd advise staying on 4.1 just in case there's a baseband update from 5.14.02.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

The most important part of this cat and mouse game is patience, followed by speed and a touch of luck. NEVER upgrade to the newest software untill you see that it is ok. If you are the kind of person who has to have the newest software first, and am dependant on an unlock, worlds can collide. My daughter's 3G still has 3.1.3 on it and works like a charm!
    Unklbyl

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SRPrentice View Post
    Having a different text tone for each contact can be done with BiteSMS. It's free as long as you don't mind ads. Plus, BiteSMS is infinitely better than the stock SMS app.
    bite sms is my # 1 favorite app/tweek and it killed me to not have it right away when i bought my ip4 lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 5h4d0w View Post
    So, does this mean Cydia will support multitasking soon? I hate how if I hit the home button by mistake or Cydia crashes, I have to wait for it to reload again...
    That's the only thing I don't like how long it take for it to reload after downloading the packages, but it's all good cos these people do it for nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by dotFIVE View Post
    The newest unlock should hopefully be available shortly after 4.2 is officially released. You'll just have to download the latest version of ultrasn0w. I'd advise staying on 4.1 just in case there's a baseband update from 5.14.02.
    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    I totally I agree with that once the new FW comes out I don't plan on updating right awy just waiting but I have also read that the unlock will be for both FW 4.1 and 4.2 4.2.1
    Last edited by hoodies; 11-21-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

[QUOTE=hoodies;5597390]That's the only thing I don't like how long it take for it to reload after downloading the packages, but it's all good cos these people do it for nothing.

+1
    if someone can help with this problem, that would be awesome. Can backgrounder leave cydia open? Yes, but there is that reboot thing that HAS to happen to update the software. At least my iphone boots faster than my laptop
    Last edited by unklbyl; 11-22-2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Iphone keyboard is too small to type fast

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234