Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "iBricks:" iPhone 3G User Sues Apple Over iOS 4.0

Lets all hope something comes from this

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    They're not "preventing" the mechanic from putting back the right part. They're telling you the part isn't made anymore. (ie they're not supporting it).

So in your little situation you've made up in your head.. is the phone the car, or the part????? It seems that you've tried to switch the 2...

The OS is still very accessible... and apple could make it available in itunes with a few clicks of a button I'm sure. Just because the 3G isn't sold new anymore, people are STUCK IN CONTRACTS that FORCE them to use that phone.

If anything, Apple should be forced to support that phone for 2 years after they stop selling it new, due to people "forced" into using it due to contracts.

You make ZERO sense. A cell phone isn't meant to last forever. Apple makes it pretty clear they're not supporting older OS's, yet you still want your gf's old 3G to work great on an iOS not designed for it. If it runs slower then go get a new phone, and get a better analogy while you're out.
    If what you say is true, then answer me this question:

Why did Apple release iOS4 for the iPhone 3G, if they didn't design it to work on it?

Simple fact, they did design it to work on it, and they designed it to degrade the experience and "encourage" 3G owners to upgrade to a newer phone.

Quote Originally Posted by enog View Post
    If what you say is true, then answer me this question:

Why did Apple release iOS4 for the iPhone 3G, if they didn't design it to work on it?

Simple fact, they did design it to work on it, and they designed it to degrade the experience and "encourage" 3G owners to upgrade to a newer phone.
    I love conspiracy theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

I love conspiracy theories.
    Ok, explain why 4.0 ran like a bag of crap, and 4.1 runs almost as well as 3.1.x did?

You sure it's a conspiracy theory, that Apple could mysteriously include a bug that ONLY affected iPhone 3G handsets, and that they could cure very simply? Hmm...

Ok, explain why 4.0 ran like a bag of crap, and 4.1 runs almost as well as 3.1.x did?

You sure it's a conspiracy theory, that Apple could mysteriously include a bug that ONLY affected iPhone 3G handsets, and that they could cure very simply? Hmm...

I also love when people state their opinions as facts.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

I also love when people state their opinions as facts.
    I love it when people add nothing to a discussion, and also contradict themselves by stating their own opinions as facts.

Funny how that works, huh?

group hug.

honestly 4.1 runs better on the 3g than 4.01/02 did, but it is still REALL bad and I would not say it is comparable to 3.1 at all.... its very frustrating using it.

I love it when people add nothing to a discussion, and also contradict themselves by stating their own opinions as facts.

Funny how that works, huh?

Really. You're very arrogant to make a bold claim like that considering the irony in your post. Point to where I've made any claim that my opinion is fact. Funny when you have to eat your own words huh.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    To bad it's always sue about money... Why not sue for a new iPhone or your money back. It's always about money.
    If it is just walking up to Jobs and say "Your iOS sucks, give me my money back or give me a new iPhone" and actually get a response, I am sure every 3G and 3GS owners would do it.

Why can't it about money?
    Maybe she had enough of Apple's tactics and decide she does not want another iPhone.
    It cost her money to file this lawsuit, why should not there be reimbursement on the cost to file this lawsuit?
    The fact that she made this class action suit so other iPhone owners can join in should give her the benifit of the doubt on her intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    If it is just walking up to Jobs and say "Your iOS sucks, give me my money back or give me a new iPhone" and actually get a response, I am sure every 3G and 3GS owners would do it.

Why can't it about money?
    Maybe she had enough of Apple's tactics and decide she does not want another iPhone.
    It cost her money to file this lawsuit, why should not there be reimbursement on the cost to file this lawsuit?
    The fact that she made this class action suit so other iPhone owners can join in should give her the benifit of the doubt on her intentions.
    It doesn't cost $5000 to buy a new phone or file a lawsuit.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It doesn't cost $5000 to buy a new phone or file a lawsuit.
    If she just wanted money from a big corporation, it would not be $5000.
    Hell someone spilled coffee on his/her lap and got millions from McDonalds, why not go for that if she wanted money?

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    If she just wanted money from a big corporation, it would not be $5000.
    Hell someone spilled coffee on his/her lap and got millions from McDonalds, why not go for that if she wanted money?
    What? Great reasoning. Thanks to contributing to the decline of Society.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

The overall level of intellect displayed on this thread is appalling.

Good luck to her.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Bookreader (11-06-2010), CaptainChaos (11-04-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have a 3GS and a 3G and it is possible to downgrade the 3G to 3.x firmware. You just need to download the actual firmware(probably from iClarified) and then shift+restore to select the firmware you want. She obviously didn't ask anyone with any knowledge about firmware for help otherwise she would have found that out. Also, 4.0 has been out for how long and she is just now complaining about it?

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    The overall level of intellect displayed on this thread is appalling.

Good luck to her.

Irony considering you support her in her frivolous lawsuit.
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Here is an example: you can install Vista on a wide variety of PCs and some may run it better than others depending on the hardware you have. You could also just stick with XP which doesn't have the same features but will probably run a little faster and smoother(I speak from experience). You just have to accept that you have older hardware and if you want the new features then you're going to have to give something up.

You could try to install 1.x firmware on a 3G and just keep phone/sms/email with a few basic PDA apps and it will probably run blazing fast. In life there are always tradeoffs. She needs to go to the genius bar so someone there can restore her phone with the older firmware so she gets over it. You can't sue because your old phone can't run new software as well as a newer one with better hardware.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to alexevo For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (11-04-2010)

this is not a good thing for apple, when the average daily users that doesn't know a thing about how to jailbreak/downgrade their iphone or doing all stuff that we do here on a daily bases are tired of them and their garbage.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

zozo if they don't know about downgrading then why are they upgrading without knowing what will happen either? it works both ways.

edit: if apple acted irresponsibly in making 4.0 for the 3G then why did they omit multitasking for the 3G? their reason was they felt multitasking would be too taxing on the hardware so they chose not to implement it for the 3G but they did for the 3GS. mind you the iphone 4 came out around the same time that ios$ was released. if it were apple's intention to get users to upgrade then they wouldnt have offered all the features of ios4 on the 3GS.
    Last edited by alexevo; 11-04-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    That is a completely wrong statement "nobody forced 3G users to upgrade".

What if a 3G user had problems with their iPhone and had to restore, but because Apple stops signing old firmware's after a new version is released they have no choice but to upgrade or jailbreak their device (which if u hav an iPhone the only way is to have it is jailbroken IMHO, but that's not the point). The point is u have to upgrade when u restore or u have to use tinyumbrella to bypass Apples server and u must have your shsh blobs saved with cydia or locally on your computer or on Cydia's server. so think before you make statements that are no true at all. Ciao!
    Don't tell someone to think before making statements when you yourself are wrong. If a 3G user is forced to restore for some reason, he can do it to 3.x just fine. No problems there. Simply download the 3.x firmware and shift-restore.

As for the 3GS phone, that could handle iOS 4.x, so no problems there.

This whole lawsuit is without merit. As has already been said, 3G users can downgrade at will and 3GS users can handle iOS 4.x just fine. That said, if something comes out of this lawsuit and it'll be made possible to downgrade for everyone, then I'm all for it. But someone suing for money, that's just idiotic.

edit: just read further in the thread and saw Van had already been corrected. Disregard that part of my post.
    Last edited by dhamien; 11-04-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast